“Love this place”

Ranked #3 of 6 Avalon B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Love this place”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

The Seacrest is a very clean, neat little inn with rooms that are small but well set out. The personalised service is excellent and the manager a mine of local information and constantly available, in person or by phone, to help deal with any problem or question. Breakfast is set out on the roof deck and the 360% view from the upper deck covers the whole town, beach, casino, and mountains.
The location is one block from the beach and close to all of Avalon's amenities, tours etc.
Wendy & Billy M

2 Thank wendy_billy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I liked it! stayed int he capt. quarters room which was very nice. Roger was very friendly and helped us out with anything we needed.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Our stay at The Catalina Seacrest Inn was delightful in some ways, but lacking in others. We stayed in the Palm room for one night. The room was clean and quiet, small, but quaint, and the jet tube is huge! The bed was soft and had many feather pillows, which is always a plus in my books. The Inn manager met us upon arrival and showed us the room. It's a very short walk from the pier to the hotel and the roof top balcony was gorgeous and romantic at night. We didn't see many guest this time of year and liked having the privacy.
My suggestions to the owner are that rugs are nice on a cold tile floor. There was one towel mate to put down by the tube, but this was all. After a warm bath it's not real pleasant to step onto a cold floor. We put our washcloths and cloths down so we could walk on something more warm. There was a book to write our experiences in but no pen and so couldn't write anything. We never saw the manager again although you can call him, but I am not one to call about borrowing a pen. There was no ice in the ice box after we finally found it and the fireplace was just a switch you turn on (no heat) to look at and very noisy. We didn't use it but a few minutes.
The hotel ad I read said there was a great breakfast. I was delighted because if I am going to pay over $200 for my first stay at a B & B I envision a beautiful, delicious breakfast. When we arrived we were told breakfasts were great. But when we went up to breakfast expecting something great, there was cold cereal, warm yogurt, soggy bagels with cream cheese, cold coffee, and over ripe fruit. I can eat that at home.
I am not one to complain, but I thought I would at least let others know that the breakfast, at least on this day, was not great.
I did love the history of the place, the quiet solitude, and the closeness to all the shops and things to do.

West, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We picked this place from the internet review. Had a great stay...our room was the captain's quarters. Plenty of room, privacy, etc. Loved it. Really liked the access to the upper deck. Thank you Roger. You were so very kind. Cindy Biles

San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was in Avalon on Jan 21-23rd of 2011, and had the pleasure of staying at the Seacrest Inn. I had booked online, and therefore didn't really know what to expect. However, upon arriving I was completely blown away by the easiness and availability of this wonderful 103 year old house. Roger was very accomodating, as was the entire staff. The upper sun Deck/ BBQ patio had amazing views, and our room was perfect and quaint--just as we had hoped for. I will definitely be back sooner than later, thanks Roger and the Seacrest Inn Team.

Newbury Park
Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stayed in the Sun and Lace room! We were greeted to the hotel by Roger who had called ahead to ask what time our ferry would arrive and gave us directions to the hotel! I'm so glad he did because it really helped a LOT. There was plenty of room to walk around, a little table with two chairs, a bathroom. The bedspread was a beautiful medium blue matelesse. There were 5 windows in the room on 2 walls so it definitely earned the Sun portion of the room's name! There was very little in the way of unusual noise concerns especailly since it's so close to the beach! Walking distance to the trolley, the airport shuttle, the Safari bus, the beach, the pier, the restaurants. This is a way cool old house. I'd stay here again. I wish I had found out who the maid staff was on our second day there, they did a GREAT job.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

First thank you to Roger for upgrading our room due to the crazy travel day my boyfriend and I had from Vegas to Catalina Island back in Sept 2010. 1 missed early morning flt 4 hour delay btwn flts 2 missed boat rides but ending up in a beautifully clean and friendly inn was just what was waiting for us. With the exception of the flt of steps hey can't be helped Seacrest was quiet the rooftop breakfasts every sunny morning was great And the view was breathtaking. We would definitely stay at Seacrest again. Sincerely. Teresa & Jimmy (NY & NJ)

• Stayed September 2010