My wife and I have stayed at the Inn on Mt. Ada each year since 1986 when we had the privilege of being married at the Inn. Each year we spend two or three day at the Inn for our anniversary, on occasion we will make other trips as well just to unwind. We know the Inn, we know the staff.
Most of the staff are long time employees who we know very well. Never during the past twenty-three years have we even know any of the staff to be rude or condescending. On the contrary, it is usually a guest that is rude to the staff, fortunately this is infrequent. As for Michael, that's another story. Michael is one of the kindest, friendly, most personable gentlemen I've known. Michael has been known to go out of his way to accomodate guests, even going so far as to pick up irresponsible guests who miss their scheduled boat from the mainland, after hours and on his own time, off the clock, no pay!
As for the cookies, I know for a fact that cookies and pastries are baked fresh each day, never have we seen "Chips Ahoy". The lunch is basic. Sandwichs, hamburgers, salads and great home made Mexican dishes each day. Free wine, Champagne, soft drinks, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, whatever one would desire. Breakfast is excellent and the staff will always accomodate guests with special needs. In the morning one is awakened by the scent of fresh brewed coffee and baked muffins that are put out on the buffett prior to breakfast.
Clearly, "jennaelisabeth" needs to go to San Ysidro Ranch where they have a gormet restaurant, nice rustic rooms and spend four times the money for the experience. For the money Mt. Ada is a much better value. Mt. Ada is a historic, one of a kind Inn that is well maintained, with an unmatched location. Its unfortunate that there are such miserable people in the world that do not see the real beauty of the Inn and the wonderful people who make the Inn so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - Complimentary Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Wine & Hors d'oeuvre Reception. - Complimentary Butler's Pantry available throughout the day, includes fresh fruit, mixed nuts, soft drinks, beer and wine, ice cream sundaes, popcorn, coffee, teas, and cocoa. - Complimentary golf cart for use during your stay - VIP access to Descanso Beach Club Cabanas, Access to Tennis Courts at the Catalina Country Club and Complimentary Green Fees at the Catalina Island Golf Course. - Complimentary access to Island Spa Catalina facilities including pool, hot tub, relaxation deck. (Spa treatments are additional.) - Complimentary Behind the Scenes tour of the Catalina Casino - Private van pick up from the airport, heliport, boat terminal or other properties - Daily housekeeping, robes, nightly turndown, High speed WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Mt. Ada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Mt. Ada Hotel Avalon
- Mt. Ada Catalina Island/Avalon, CA