Glenmore Plaza Hotel
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$199
US$178
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$424
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$292
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoldest hotelwet bar sinkcatalina islandrefrigerator and microwavegreat roomthe wi fiqueen bedoff seasonyour luggageflat screen tvview of the oceancatalina expressjackstairsferrycaliforniaoj
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My family and I stayed the 4th of July 2009 weekend at the Glenmore since our 1st choice hotel was sold out. This hotel looks elegant in the lobby and on brochures, but don't be fooled because the room we stayed in was a DUMP! We paid $350/night (2 night minimum) for a small room that had the following issues: Phone did not work, shower had low water pressure due to the knob being broken, the light fixtures were rusted and/or missing covers, the shower curtain and rod fell on my daughter, the laminated countertop in the bathroom was chipped and could be lifted up, the bedspreads were from the 1970's, the decorative panels on the bathroom door were covered in dirt, the view was of the building next door, the seal in the window was broken, the closet doors did not open wide enough to store your luggage or clothes in, the mirror on the closet door was cracked, the wall next to the table was gouged, the air conditioner smelled moldy, shall I go on? The response from the staff was to give us a duvet and a $60/day discount, but when we checked out, they said that they would only discount us for one day. Unbelievable. They said that the hotel is old, but the brochures say completely renovated. I get that it is an old victorian building, but old and poorly maintained are two seperate things. Avalon is great, but the Glenmore is a LOSER in my book!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank AZSeaTurtle
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I made reservations over a month before our arrival. I was told I would be in a room with a full jacuzzi , not a whirlpool tub. At the time, I thought it was a great deal because most other hotels were offering whirlppol tubs at well over $200 a night. Upon arrival, I was greatly disappointed. I called to confirm our reservation just a couple of days before and was not told the elevator was out. We happened to be on the fourth floor (lucky us). After lugging our bags up, I was even more disappointed. We had a very small room and it was a whirlpool bathtub not a jacuzzi. When I expressed my concern about not getting what was promised, I was told I could upgrade for $50 more. I asked if it was $50 more for both nights and was told they only booked me for 1 night and would have to switch rooms. WHAT??!!!! I made reservations at least a month ago and followed up on them as well. Then they showed me the "upgrade" room which was definitely larger, however not cleaner. We came to Catalina for a special occasion and unfortunately our stay at the Glenmore did not contruibute to that. I was so disappointed. They ended up giving us another room at the same rate, but did nothing to make up for the inconvenience or the mistake. It was terribke service and not at all what I expected. I shopped around for hotels and I expected more out of this one.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pinkcow
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Me and my fiance wanted a first trip to Catalina. I was disappointed in the island not the hotel. Richard was great, helped us with anything we needed. The room was great..small, but perfect. If you want to stay in one of the true old hotels in Avalon then this is it. Rooms were updated, air worked great, and the ambiance was awesome. We will stay here again if we come back to this island. Not much to do after 2 days, and the locals are mostly illegal aliens of whom whistle at you, and make rude remarks. I am a prior 15 year police officer, and did not feel safe at night on the island. After speaking with the LA County Deputies on the island, I was told not to be out after dark. Hardley paradise..If you must go to Avalon Glenmore is the smartest choice, but I would look at other places to visit.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Glenmore on a psuedo honeymoon (couldn't afford a real one yet...). I read a ton of reviews before we went and proceeded to go with low expectations. But we were broke and didn't really care about "small rooms" or "only one employee working".

We arrived and checked in with no problems. We were on the 4th floor, and got our workout that weekend taking the stairs. The whole place was cute and old and had different paint on the walls of each floor. All of the staff we encountered throughout the weekend were courteous and helpful.

The room was tiny. I will absolutely say that. But it was clean, smelled fine, and had its own fridge. The whole place was quiet, we couldn't hear people in the other rooms. The bed was really comfortable too!

We are simple people. We didnt expect the ritz, we didnt get the ritz. We had a fantastic stay because we didnt expect to be super impressed. I will say that the reviews i read make this place sound WAY worse than it is. Its cute, quaint, and comfy. Simply wonderful.

As a sidenote, the liquor store was just down the street which was a plus for a 20-something couple like ourselves, the bar next door has good music but expensive drinks, the mexican restaurant and the pizzaria are DELICIOUS!! Have fun!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My boyfriend and I went to Catalina (my first time, his 2nd). The small hotel we reserved a cottage at (and I DO mean SMALL) had no heat, was freezing cold and even though they were very nice there, I felt like I was staying in a shack. The bed was miserable and I was NOT happy. He went a little further down the street and found the Glenmore Plaza Hotel. They gave us a room immediately with a King size bed, a couch, TV, wonderful jacuzzi bathtub and at a really cheap rate too. They saved the day (actually 2 days)!!

I found the wait staff to be helpful, curteous and willing to go the extra mile. Herb was an especially nice fellow who brought us up a nice little fridge and another heater. The owner was great too, and he actually helped us with our baggage and gave us a ride back to the ferry himself on the day we left.

I found this hotel very charming, clean, and whenever we needed anything they brought it up. Loved the colorful lobby and the room. Sure, continental breakfast was donuts, juice and coffee, etc. What did you expect....a full course meal? lol They are just steps away from the beach and all the nice little shops.

They saved us money, time, gave us a great room and were nice as could be. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that comes to the island. We'd go back! They made our visit to Catalina SO much more enjoyable. Thanks to you all !!

Sheila & Robert