“Exelent Staff”

Ranked #4 of 6 Avalon B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Exelent Staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Before I booked this hotel I had my doubts. I was very concerned with the bad reviews this hotel had. I tried to book other hotels but I couldn't find any. So I was kind of desperate so I called this hotel. Raul answered the phone. He sounded very nice. He offered to pick us up from the boat. I read in one of the reviews that the hotel was in the other side of the island so I was happy he offered the ride. But when we got there the hotel is not far at all. So this is a big lie. In the reviews said that the sheets were not clean so I took my on bed sheets just incase. When I got there I found friendly staff and a comfortable spacious room. And yeah the rooms need a little more cleaning. And the AC was not working. But we were happy there. And yeah I am planning to stay again there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Seaport_Village_Inn, Public Relations Manager at Seaport Village Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2016
Thank you kindly for the review. We are always happy to have you. Please do some see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

BED BUGS, it doesn't get worse than that! First time ever and it only cost us $500.00. We stayed here last weekend and the bed bugs got us all. The weekend was worse than I could have expected. The owners were so rude and didn't have our rooms booked. The rooms are in horrible shape, most of the baseboard was missing, a hole in kitchen cupboard, a 20 year old 12" tv to watch snow on, dirty, all the towels were dirty, mold is crawling down the outside balconies. Everything looked like it was from a yard sale. They said our room was modernized and updated, well if you consider the early 80's modern than you will like it.They must be making tons of money because none of it is going back into the rooms. Don't stay here whatever you do!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Jet J
Seaport_Village_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Seaport Village Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2016
We am so sorry that you had an "awful" visit to Seaport Village Inn. Honestly, we have never had a complaint of bed bugs in any of our rooms. We do wish you would have brought this to the attention of the management so we could have rectified the problem. Although our rooms may not be luxury, they do fit the feel of the island. We have been and will continue to upgrade our rooms as we can. We do hope the rest of your activities on the island were pleasurable and hope you return in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Avalon hotels

Temecula, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Okay I'll say the good things first ; first and foremost hotel staff are awesome, very friendly and accommodating, breakfast was ok better than one place we went to in Palm Springs. They have a shuttle bus that will pick you up at the port and drop you off the driver even push my husband's wheelchair to the loading area of boat departure sorry I forgot his name, but Raul the the rest of the staff are great! I have to be honest I recommend this place for just a bed to sleep in and food before you go out do something for the day not to stay in the hotel and relax . It's more of a divers hotel not for a romantic relaxing getaway . So the bad stuff , the room were in is ADA approved supposedly , it's roomy for a wheelchair access BUT the tub is so high /deep if you are really handicap ie no limbs you will not be able to get in the tub /shower there's handle bars but it's just hard getting out esp. Another thing the sink is on the way. No hair dryer but it's okay atleast bed is comfortable. They style have the old tube TV but it works so no big deal. Other than that I will go back there just because of the friendly staff . 5 stars for the staff 2 for the room , sorry :(

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fatima H
Thank you for your review. We take much pride in our staff and all that they do. We are sorry to hear that your room was not as properly set-up as you would have liked it to be. We do hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This is our second time staying here and I do not think they have cleaned the carpets in at least 3 years. Our tile in the bathroom was broken and moved when we walked on it. The grout was falling out. I had to put a towel down for fear my kids would cut their feet, or take out a tile. The sheets were worn to the point of holes. The kitchen cabinets looked like they had never been wiped down, and there were no dishes. How useful is a kitchen with no dishes? We had a chair fall apart when I sat on it. I took it out of our room and placed in on our balcony and told the front desk and there it sat till we left. We stayed here for the great balcony and grass area for the kids to run around, and of course the view. But we will not stay in townhouse rooms 301/307 and 401 again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank liz m
We're sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Seaport. I surely hope that any concerns you had were brought to the management's attention as they are very accommodating and like to please. Thank you for taking the time to review and we hope you come back to the island again soon.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Raul and Effrain took excellent care of me and my dive buddies for a DUI Dry Suit Demo weekend. Both gentlemen worked hard to please all their scuba diving guests - including providing a warm breakfast and huge help shuttling the heavy dive gear.
There were a couple things that were broken when we first arrived, such as the great ice machine, and bathroom lighting, but things were attended to as soon as possible. Our carpet was beat up from other divers, and the furniture was cheap- but I knew in advance that this was a diver's hotel - not a Marriot. I look forward to returning back to the lovely island and this friendly and helpful hotel very soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
So refreshing to hear that our beloved divers are happy. We love to have you and can't wait to see you again. It is also great to hear that your issues were addressed quickly. Thank you for reviewing!
Lincoln, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014

OMG! If you pay $79.00 a night, this place is ok,.

We paid for the suite with a view and I was suckered! Our bill for two nights was over $800 and for that price this qualifies as a dump! Yes, there is a view from the balcony that includes the bay as well as many of the neighborhood trash cans. 2 chairs, no table.

The room is old and not updated. The look on the door was cranky. The bedding is old and tired, tho it did seem to be clean. The kitchen suite had a few plates. That's it! Not even a coffee maker!

No hair dryer until we asked.

Breakfast is really minimal. And the room has plastic checkered table clothes.
The staff was pleasant.

This is the most overpriced place I
have ever stayed! Ever!

Room Tip: Try a different place.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SusanP330
We're sorry to hear about your visit. We do try to update as regularly as we can and realize that everyone is looking for something different when they stay with us. Hopefully the service that you received was exceptional. Thank you for your review!
California
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This is not a high end hotel, and the prices reflect this. The staff are great, they pick you and your dive gear up from the boat, take it to the hotel, and will also take it to casino point.
Apparently they do breakfast too, but we usually go to Jacks so not sure what this is like.
Rooms adequate for price and location. The rooms facing the courtyard are preferable.
Great divers hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you kindly. We always enjoy our divers! Come see us again soon.