“Super yummy ice cream! ”

Hula Hut & Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Avila Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serves breakfast and lunch. Also a gift store and ice cream shop.
Fresno, United States
“Super yummy ice cream! ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Took the kids for a sweet treat after our day at the beach. We just checking had the ice cream and it was great!

Tempe, AZ
“Yum”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

What can you say about good ice cream? Yum. My only complaint was the small selection to choose from.

Visited July 2014
Arroyo Grande, California
“"Go To Place" for coffee and morning yummies”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have visited the Hula Hut numerous times with various bike groups. The staff is always welcoming and offers to fill our water bottles. Sometimes our bike groups take over the front patio but we are usually there at 10:30 before the lunch crowd arrives. I have also visited Hula Hut on solo bike rides for early breakfast. I love what they do with the Oatmeal and fruit. Owner is very friendly and knows most of us by name when we arrive. This is a super location and sometimes I take my coffee and sit closer to the beach for a full view of Avila. Not to be missed for a coffee or dessert break!

• Visited May 2014
Westlake Village, California
“Average Ice Cream”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Hula Hut

Stopped in for ice cream after a great meal on the pier. It was 8:30 on a Wednesday night. They said they close at 9pm, but it seemed like they wanted to get out of there early. Floors were being mopped and chairs stacked. I had the Caramel Explosion in a sugar cone, my husband had their award winning vanilla in a cup. The caramel cone was good...not the best ice cream I've had, but good flavor. The vanilla had a lot of ice crystals which was a turnoff. We went outside to eat and they were clearing out the out door seating as well. We felt rushed, so it wasn't a great experience. Surprised this place is so highly rated, I guess it's location across from the beach helps.

“Great Place Great Staff”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent quality service with a smile. Staff was kind and considerate and the food was fresh and delicious. Sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine! They could not have been more attentive!

Visited March 2014