“Nice couples retreat location!”
Review of Avila Village Inn

Avila Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We love this hotel! The property is a great location and atmosphere for a nice romantic retreat! My husband and I had a very enjoyable stay! We will definitely be returning! The grounds around the inn are really very nice. We especially enjoyed the great walking/running/ biking trail from the hotel to Avila Beach!

The staff were very pleasant and helpful! Even when we had to report a small ant problem in our room. We had a very nice room with a hot tub on the balcony that backed up to the wooded area at the back of the hotel which we loved for the privacy! But with that it was understood that nature could intrude. When we notified the front desk, they offered us a new room so they could address the issue. The room we got moved to was just a few doors down and also very nice and offered the same privacy.

We appreciate all that in inn offers and for providing us with such a positive experience!

CS KTY Ventura Cty CA

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a hot tub on the second floor located at back of the inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Add to our "Bucket List". Some of us would love to have a separate Guest Cottage for visitors. These rooms are ideal. Wallfireplace Whirlpool on seculded balcony. Oversize Shower ComfyBed. Charming way to say "no room service" wooden trays by your door to get your Continental Breakfast from the Breakfast bar. Only drawback no charming evening bar nice lobby but lifeless. Avila eye candy but wine bars closing at 6:00 nice outside sitting daytime hours. Personally I like a little more Life in a town. But close to everything. Ventana Great Food & View. Arroyo Grande Pismo Beach ...

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank NoCamper
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is for couples. It is NOT for family. It is NOT for children. It is NOT for business. OK, if you like to golf, there are a few very good golf courses nearby.

This is where you want to stay on your honeymoon or anniversary. We stayed in the back on the first floor with a spa. If you like sun, stay on the left side, towards the front, or upstairs. The back is really dark even during the day.

Breakfast is included, but it is only so-so. I would recommend the Breakfast Buzz in SLO instead.

It is kind of hard to find. It is in the Avila Village in the back by the gym. Do not be deterred. It is worth the effort. There is a deli type restaurant in the front of the village. It is not bad for one night. Otherwise, I suggest you go into SLO for dinner. We had dinner in Avila Beach (aoubt 1.6 miles away) and found it wanting.

The property backs up to a bike trail. If you like to bike, bring your bike. You can ride all the way to the beach.

Room Tip: Top floor is sunnier.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatH95120
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My hubby and I went on our first romantic getaway weekend after 4 years after having our last little one ( long time we know lol ) ..... My hubby had the great idea to find a room on the coast on the fly rather than making reservations ummmmmmm I do not recommend doing so although it ended up working out awesome for us . We arrived in morro bay at 11:00 am and drove all up and down the coast clear up to cambria and everything was full . I said let's check places in Availa as a last resort before I had to settle on a motel 6 ughhhh not that kinda girl lol ..... We stumbled upon the Availa Village Inn and called to see if they happened to have anything available. It was now 7:00pm and motel 6 was starting to sound good at that point lol ..... The super sweet receptionist said she had one room left a standard king room . My hubby said we will take it please hold it for us we are on our way. We arrived and the receptionist let us look at the room before booking ( I always have to look at the rooms before I pay it drives my hubby nuts lol ) as soon as I walked in the room I was in awe the room was spotless and unlike most hotel websites were they photoshop thier room photos this standard king room was more like a suite. It was AMAZING !!!!!! The deep hot tub bath was huge and super clean I couldn't believe our luck and that the room was only $160 for the night . We jumped on it and enjoyed our stay so much we had to force ourselves to leave . I can't wait to stay again in one of thier other rooms . The staff was very accommodating and even gave us a late check out as we arrived later than the usual check in. I would have never knew this inn existed its nestled away and is a hidden gem. I haven't checked their rates out for other rooms but our room would have been $400 a nite at any other hotel near the beach. It's very affordable and we can't wait for our next getaway. Thanks Avila Village Inn for the most romantic night my hubby and I have had in four years !!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room right up front on the bottom floor there was no balcony which I would recommend if you...
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The rooms are beautiful and quit with great privacy in the hot tub. Customer service was also excellent everyone was polite and concern that our visit was going great. I enjoyed the black out curtains which allowed us to sleep in longer and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Lovely hotel, decorated throughout in Mission style furnishings. The staff are welcoming and attentive; there are cookies at the reception desk and coffee and tea available all day. Our room was large, comfortable, and beautifully decorated, with a gas fireplace and a hot tub on the balcony. Hotel is 1.5 miles from Avila Beach, so there is no view of the ocean, but the trade off is a quiet location. There is a walk/bike path that connects the hotel to the beach. Ample, free parking.

We were very happy with the hotel. Only room for improvement would be the continental breakfast. I would recommend the hotel provide fresh pastries (vs. the plastic wrapped kind) and a variety of fruit. Also replace the disposable utensils with "real" flatware and dishes. The hotel is very classy, but the breakfast seemed at bit like the Holiday Inn. Overall, a great experience at this hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here April 2nd this year.
First off front desk was pleasant, helpful and parking is free.
Rooms seemed to all back onto main lobby so during regular waking hours you do hear a wee bit of noise but overall no big deal.
Rooms are simple enough and I can't really say anything positive or negative.
The bathroom though had a nice shower but I did wonder how anyone over the age of 60 or with a slight disability would be able to easily get in and out of it (high step).
The resort is located about 3 miles from Avila Beach and far enough away from the highway to not hear traffic. I don't think I would plan to stay here any longer then one night.
The included breakfast had good coffee and fresh fruit but all the pastry's were packaged and they do not seem to recycle anything. Very strange present day especially being located in California.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avila Beach
#10 of 29 in Pismo Beach
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
#9 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Avila Village Inn? Share your experiences!