“The Best Hidden Get Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Avila Village Inn

Avila Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Solvang, California
“The Best Hidden Get Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

Living just an hour away in Solvang it seems that we've had to drive 2-3 hours to "get away". After accidently finding Avila Village Inn online we were offered a fantastic deal. Upon arriving you know that you are at someplace special. The air was clean and the trees and the.....ok on and on. Walking inside it seemed like a spa retreat that would cost several hundred dollars. The lady at the front desk was incredibly helpful and friendly. Checking out the room we could not believe the deal we were getting. As we walked outside to grab our luggage, my girlfriend and I shouted "Score!" We are anxious to come back and spend 2-3 days stuck in this gorgeous hidden gem!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank photocrafter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

This was the fourth place we stayed when driving the PCH from San Francisco to Los Angeles and it was a very pleasant surprise. We booked it as a halfway house between Big Sur and Santa Barbara, but would have happily stayed for another day or two.
This is not on the beach, but I am sure that you get much more for your buck here than on the boardwalk.
It is clean, friendly and has very sizeable rooms with excellent bathrooms. The air con is a little noisy and is definitely needed despite it being relatively cold outside.
The gym and swimming facilities are better than almost anywhere else I have ever stayed - particularly the pool. These are not part of the hotel, but you have free entrance and it is only next door. I woke up at 8am and went swimming in an outdoor laned 25-metre pool and was the only person in the pool. This was after a 5k run at the gym. I can't say I've ever had those facilities anywhere else and definitely not for the price we've paid.
The two or three people we spoke to on the desk were all excellent and genuinely friendly. They were happy to help at all times.
We took bikes and took the mile-long trail behind the hotel down to Avila promenade, which is also strongly recommended.
My only criticism of the place is its green credentials. I think they should lose the disposable plates, cups and cutlery for breakfast.
I would also strongly recommend eating at the Old Port Inn at the end of the 3rd Pier.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teigester
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

I stayed here for one night recently and wish I would of had time to stay longer. This is not an ordinary hotel and has a cozier, friendly atmosphere. I arrived before noon and thought I'd check and see if maybe my room was available. As luck would have it, I was given my room card and up to the second floor I went. When I opened the door I was so happy to see the room in perfect shape and it looked just like the pictures on their website. Bathroom had a large jacuzzi tub/shower combo, and a two sinks.. Nicely decorated too. In the living room a wet bar with a coffee maker, small fridge and wine buckets with two wine glasses. The lighting in the room gave you many options and the bedding was very luxurious. The view I had was of the hills with the estate homes and some of the tennis courts across the way, although the property has so many trees you didn't notice them that much.
I could go on and on but I feel many reviewers have already mentioned the other amenities offered on the property. I will definitely be coming back here in the near future!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank schintz
Lake Chares, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

My husband and I chose this hotel to stay at in August 2008. We went to California for my older brother's wedding, as well as a getaway for our own two year anniversary.

We absolutely loved the Inn. We both work at a resort and so we have expectations and know exactly what to look for.

The rooms were CLEAN. We had a creek side room with the hot tub outside. It was beautiful. Maybe a bit small but I actually liked that about the room. The fireplace in the room was a GREAT touch. Being in Louisiana, I am used to wet heat... California was a bit chilly for me so I LOVED the fireplace! The bathrooms were HUGE. The shower in the bathroom was VERY clean and had a great ledge to sit. Beautiful bathroom. the TV was at a bit of an odd angle but that is because the room is a bit small. no big deal to me.

I didn't get to use many of the amenities, but one thing that I did like was the fridge in the room. We had bought some fruit from a local stand and i was glad for the fridge.
Also the little store a was a great thing. We bought some great crackers and smoked gouda there to snack on with our fruit. Also, the coffee stand in the lobby was the best. Plenty of teas and coffee all day (and night!) along with snacks like biscotti (which was the BEST i have had in a LONNG time... would love to order a case!)

The service was the best I could ask for. Our trip was cut short by a hurricane heading straight for my city. We had to leave early to evacuate our handicap relative. The employees at the Inn were VERY helpful. They managed (in 5 minutes time) to get us phone numbers to get our flights changed, directions to quickly get back to LA and catch our flight, and also did not charge us for the night even though we were leaving WELL after check out.

There was nothing that I did not enjoy about this Inn. The staff was great, the location was quiet, everything was perfect (except for the Hurricane i had to run home for!)

I recommend this hotel to ANYONE who is going to that area. No, it is not on the beach.. but it is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
San DIego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we were in town for a wedding. We had a wonderful time! The Hotel is small and charming with a very attentive staff. It was valentines day and my husband and I didn't want to fight the crowds eating out so we phoned the front desk to ask if they knew of any places that would offer delivery. The concierge not only gave us the names of local eateries but brought by the menus with in a few minutes. Our every care was addressed and we felt very pampered. The morning breakfast was also great and had good selection for a continental breakfast. We hiked down a trail adjacent to the hotel that ran along the San Luis Creek toward the ocean. It was a beautiful walk and very peacefull. The hotel is located in a costal valley and is very very quiet.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2009

My boyfriend and I had a relaxing and romanitc two night stay at the Avila Village Inn. The rooms were very nice and cozy. We had a jacuzzi on the deck ..with disco lighting :-). We were on the second floor which was a little more private than the first floor rooms. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but there's dining nearby in SLO and Pismo beach. The Inn has morning coffee and a continental breakfast which was a perfect way to start the day. The hotel had a couple beach cruisers that we road down a trail to Avila beach, a tiny little town which was pretty empty this time of year. There is a nice fitness club and spa next door that all guests have access too, but we didn't get a chance to use it. There were plenty of wineries and scenic areas nearby to keep us busy. Kelsey See Canyon Vineyards was just one of several quaint little places we visited. If you are up for a no frills steakhouse, with amazing meats, check out Jackos about 15 miles south of Avila. It's a little hole in the wall locals joint, but the steak was amazing. All in all the trip was great and we hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
ventura
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

The man at the front desk, did not know what he was doing. Soooo rude! He couldnt even find our reservation #. He obviously is not capable to give even Satisfactory Service.
He put a bad presedence on the hotel. I called the supervisor twice and he never returned our call!!! So many other hotels to stay at but not this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,152 reviews
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#12 of 27 in Pismo Beach

Been to Avila Village Inn? Share your experiences!