Avila Lighthouse Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Inn at Avila Beach(Avila Beach)
Great 4.5/5
San Luis Bay Inn(Avila Beach)
  • Pool
Avila Village Inn(Avila Beach)
Excellent 5/5
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Shell Beach Inn(Shell Beach)
Great 4.5/5
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsputting greenping pongocean frontbreakfast roompool areaking suiteyogurtperfect locationgreat for familiesfamily vacationpool and hot tubshops and restaurantshard boiled eggsnice poolbeautiful propertyoff seasonfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great beach access hotel with family environment. Rooms are very comfortable.
Breakfast room is small for size of establishment. Always crowded and difficult to find seating. Long lines for breakfast items. Did not enjoy chaos of breakfast room.
Employees very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
AvilaLighthouse... G, General Manager at Avila Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you did enjoy the family friendly atmosphere which our hotel provides to our guests. Our hotel is ocean front, with only a small service street between our property line and the beach. We take pride in the fact that our ocean front rooms have the closest views of the ocean in all of Avila. Thank you for your comment about our friendly employees. We strive to provide our guests with superior customer service, and are always pleased when our guests are satisfied. I am, however, sorry to hear about your discomfort with our extended continental breakfast. We offer indoor and outdoor seating and try to keep all of our food items laid out in an accessible manner. Being a family friendly hotel of only 54 suites, we do tend to get fairly busy, especially in these summer months. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Convienent location - across from beach. If you have an oceanfront room - be prepared that what divides you between the beach and you is a "parking lot" - and the lot fills up early and quick! Great people watching and the people can watch you too! But get past this - and it's just fine! Rooms decorated to reflect the beach ( loved the lamps) - lobby is very welcoming- you can walk ( so close) to a row of bars, shops, restaurants super cool gift shops. The town shuts down early 9-10... The only negative was the room above us - I could hear them all night long, walking, talking, shutting doors - bouncing balls- maybe had 4 hours sleep :(- hard to have patience when you pay over 430.00 a night... called front desk - offered to move us to another room - but no oceanfront - just tough when you pay the kind of $$$ but no sleep. Great family place and really love how everything is so close.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank toobastar

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your recent stay with us. Our oceanfront rooms offer beautiful views from their patios and balconies. We love hearing that our guests enjoy their time soaking up the views that our hotel and Avila has to offer. It is refreshing to hear that you had fun exploring the downtown promenade, full of shops and restaurants. Although we are an ocean front property, there is a small service street dividing our property and the sands of Avila Beach which does tend to fill up with cars during these summer months. However, our raised first floor rooms still offer great views of the ocean. Avila is indeed a small town, but prides itself on remaining family friendly and welcoming to tourists. We hope to be as accommodating as possible for our guests’ needs and I apologize that you experienced more noise than usual during your stay. For your next stay, please call us and ask about our ocean view master suites, as I believe these would better accommodate your needs. These are guaranteed to be on the second floor behind the pool area, yet still offer great views of the ocean. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer as well.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can't believe people complain about this hotel. In reading some of the reviews, the FREE breakfast is hammered, the fact that there is no bell-boy carrying ones luggage is mentioned, the amount of children at the hotel is harped on, a lack of helpfulness and friendliness at the front desk is suggested, and the decor or the rooms (geez...REALLY?!?) is criticized. To these people, I say, go stay somewhere else and don't come back to Avila! My family has been going to Avila for generations, before I was even born, and although some of the funky beach town feel was lost after the town was rebuilt following the oil issue, it remains a family-oriented, small beach town with no frills....just what I want when I'm vacationing with my four-year-old son. The breakfast is great: make-your-own waffles, bagels, pastries, different kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, hot chocolate...., so if you're looking for someone to chef you up eggs benedict, go somewhere else. Nope, there's no bell-boy, so put your stuff on one of the luggage carts they provide & roll it to your room....if you have young kids, they'll have fun riding on it! If you're looking for a romantic, secluded, vacation resort, this place is probably not for you because yes, there are kids having a GREAT time either across the street at the beach or, God forbid, actually at the hotel swimming in the pool, putting golf balls, playing super-size checkers or ping pong, or playing frisbee in the little courtyard. This is the perfect place for families! As far as the front desk goes, the girls I met were nothing but helpful and friendly, and my son and niece were stoked with the free freshly-baked cookies they received at check-in (or you can choose wine tasting tickets). In any event, this was my umpteenth time visiting Avila, my third time at the Lighthouse Suites, and I will return again and again to continue to make sweet memories with my family :)

Room Tip: I personally wouldn't want a room right on Front Street unless it was on the upper floor. I have stayed only in the "ocean view" suites, one of them twice (room #222) and was happy with both rooms. Room #222 is kind of close to some sort of big A/C (?) unit, if that bugs you, stay on the right side of the suites (looking at the hotel from the parking lot).
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie B
AvilaLighthouse... G, General Manager at Avila Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

We greatly appreciate the lovely feedback about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Avila with your family. Our hotel provides a fantastic extended, complimentary continental breakfast every morning for our guests to enjoy, and we are so glad that you liked the various breakfast options. Additionally, we are quite happy that you found many activities to take part in right here on our hotel’s property. We take pride in being a family friendly hotel, so hearing that our putting green, giant checkers set, ping pong, and pool are being put to good use is the best. Lastly, I would like to thank you for your comment on our staff’s friendliness and helpfulness. We always work our very hardest to provide excellent customer service for our guests throughout the entirety of their stay.

Again, thank you kindly for your refreshing and positive comments about our hotel. We greatly look forward to your future stays with us, as we hope to be of continued service to you and your family!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Beautiful room and very comfortable. The ocean view was great from our balcony. The kids loved playing ping-pong, swimming and being able to warm up in the spa after a day in the ocean water! Great variety for continental breakfast. It felt like a home away from home. Very nice staff with great service. You just can't beat Avila!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
AvilaLighthouse... G, General Manager at Avila Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest truly enjoys every aspect of their stay with us. Being located directly across from the beach gives our suites the best ocean views in all of Avila, and our game deck and heated pool and spa are always a great hit with our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed our extended continental breakfast too. We offer enough variety to satisfy every one of our guests, and our waffle bar is always popular for breakfast. Lastly, I would like to thank you for your comment about our staff, as our front desk and housekeeping staff truly strive to provide our guests with exemplary customer service. We hope you and your family enjoy the rest of the summer and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

The staff was great & they accomodated us because we weren't happy with our first room. They upgraded us to their biggest room, I believe they call it the owners suite. It was beautiful & very spacious. We got away for some piece & quiet and this was not the hotel for that. There were kids running up & down the hallways starting @ 7:30 am & they were screaming in the pool most of the day. So sleeping in or taking a nap were out of the question. We like staying at a hotel on the beach because we like to hear the ocean waves and enjoy the fresh ocean air while we're in our room. It was so noisy we had our windows closed most of our stay. Plus rooms are not private, people are walking by constantly and can see right in, so we had our curtains closed most of the time as well. The hotel was pricey but we didn't mind because we usually spend a good amount of time in it. It was just to bad that we had to keep our room closed up most of the time.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the top floor, I think those might be a little more private.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvRelaxn
AvilaLighthouse... G, General Manager at Avila Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Our Owner’s Suites are both beautiful and spacious. They were built to feel like an upscale condo in a beach front location. These suites feature a bedroom, a separate living room area with a fireplace, and a nearly complete kitchen. We are so happy that you enjoyed this room, as it is definitely one of the best we have to offer. I am sorry to hear that you did not experience as enjoyable of time as you were hoping for. We are a family friendly hotel, providing accommodations such as our game deck, continental breakfast, pool area, large rooms, and easily accessible beach for our guests. Families see our property as a destination location, so at times there may be children enjoying their fun in the sun. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay to the fullest, however; I hope you did enjoy your overall visit to Avila Beach. Next time you are looking to stay in Avila Beach, please call me personally so that I can ensure your room is both quiet and offers an ocean view.