“Great Value! Fun family or romantic getaway!”

Avila Lighthouse Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Reviewed 21 January 2014

So glad we booked a room here! My only regret is that we were only there for one short night. The resort is sparkling clean, the room was fun and comfortable, the ocean was right out our patio, and the amenities were amazing. I really can't say enough. Even the customer service was outstanding. The price was incredibly reasonable too. A must stay! I would highly recommend Avila and my family and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MelissaCali

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We decided to stop at Avila for a night on the occasion of our first wedding anniversary on our way back from LA to the Bay Area. The proximity of the hotel from the beach makes it a beautiful location to stay at. We will probably try and visit in the summer and try to use all the amenities such as the pool and spa. I would recommend a two day stay at a minimum to explore the local sights and the amenities at the hotel.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the ocean/pool is definitely pretty to watch sunrises/sunsets.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Thank you so much Avila Lighthouse Suites! We have a wonderful time while staying at your property. Check-in we were greeted warmly and appreciated the upgraded room. My family enjoyed all the activities you offered. I liked the nice touch of coffee mugs, drinking glasses and wine glasses for our use. The pool and spa were warm and cozy on a cool evening. Thank you and we will be back again!

Room Tip: #202 was GREAT!! Ask about the Avila Beach Free Stewardship Cleanup Kit & Tote Bag Gift
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingFam805
AvilaLighthouse... G, Manager at Avila Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for sharing some of the great details about your stay with us! I am so happy that you mentioned the Stewardship Traveler program, just one eco-minded program we are a part of! We value our environment, and we care deeply about keeping our adorbale beach town as pristine as can be. It is a delight to hear that you will be back, and we cannot wait to see you again!

Warm regards,

Kyli Frauenheim
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed in Avila Beach when we we touring California. We stopped at Avila beach but didn't have a booking, so we went into the hotel to ask if they had any free rooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly and found a room for us. We didn't know what to expect as we haven't seen any pictures or reviews but the room was lovely, nice size room, lovely bathroom and a nice kitchen-lounge area. We really enjoyed Avila beach, the shops were really nice and there was a restaurant not far from the hotel that served amazing seafood. We found it by chance but it was the perfect place for a rest after all our long hours of driving!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Doing a quick tour between LA and SF with the family (2 adults, 2 kids) I picked Avila Lighthouse as somewhere to stay on the trip because Avila Beach looked interesting and the Lighthouse had a 2 bedroom suite with a king in one room and 2 bed in the other (and a lounge and 2 bathrooms and a balcony).

The place was immaculate - I don't think I've ever stayed in a neater place. The room was of a very high standard. We didn't use any of the other services since it was, regrettably an overnight stop but if we ever come back to this part of the world we'll stop here. Avila beach is the sort of cute beachside place worth another visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GrantOfSA
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I choose this hotel from other tripadvisors and it was a great choice. Check in was quick and painless. We parked in the undercover garage on the hotel property. The room was really nice. It was a mini suite with a nice lounge area and a good sized bedroom. It looked just like the pictures on their website. Our room was downstairs and next to a walkway but we didnt have any noise problems. They property is at the end of the promenade so not as much foot traffic at night - we stayed in a Saturday night. Breakfast was free but almost average. Next time I'd rather go out somewhere.

Room Tip: A second floor room will give better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I took my Dad here and it is a great hotel for those with mobility issues or handicapped. They go beyond the wide walkways and ramps with some extra amenities. The pool has a chair that can help you into the pool however my dad was able to climb in using the stairs (3-4) It was his first time swimming in over 20 years and a great experience. He was also able to use the stairs to enter the hot tub. The best part is they have a beach wheel chair we were able to use (no extra cost). He loved this as I grew up searching for shells on the beach and he can no longer walk that far. If you think you would use the beach wheel chair I suggest doing this near low tied as it leaves packed sand that is easier to push on. It can also be a struggle to get to that point but once you do i think it is worth it.

The location is close to the town activities and easily walkable or pushable in a wheelchair as there's ramps that go to the exit on the beachside. In regard to rooms I loved the bed and thought it was incredibly comfortable. I found the bathroom odd with a sliding door and though it was spacious I would rather a sink separate from it or the toilet separate but no big deal. There was also a separate room with a couch and another TV which was nice when he went to bed early and I could watch TV with out bothering him.

There were only 2 things I didn't like about this hotel, which is why I took a 'star.' The first is I splurged for their ocean front room. I called the hotel to ask about their rooms and specifically asked that the second floor ocean front rooms have elevator access. I got there and the only second floor available had stairs, I was bummed but they offered to switch rooms and give us a second floor room with an ocean view however I stuck with the original ocean front room as it minimized walking for my dad. However as I looked I realized there was no elevator access to 2nd floor ocean front rooms and i felt like I was lied to. If I knew this I probably would have booked a different room.There were no cars in front of our room so the view was never blocked. If an SUV parked in front of us it would obstruct the view and I imagine this happens a lot in the peak season. My other complaint was that the bottom floor rooms had Adirondack chairs which are comfy but too low for an 80 year old with mobility issues to get in and out of. I didn't like them either because as you look at the ocean you see it through the balcony bars which isn't what you pay for. Higher chairs that let you see over the balcony bars would be better which seems to be what they had on the second floor.

Overall I loved this hotel with its location, comfort and amenities such as the life size checkers as well as beach wheel chair and would definitely go back. It also seems like a great hotel for families!

Room Tip: I don't think I would get oceanfront again. I would recommend ocean view because it seemed like...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SSUAZD

Thank you for the thorough review of your stay with us, and for providing other guests with information about the accessibility of our property. The arrangement of buildings on our property does provide stair-access only to the second floor rooms of one ocean-front building, however we do have elevator access to all first floor ocean front rooms, and the second floor of our second ocean front buildings. We sincerely appreciate your perspective and feedback, as we are always looking for ways to make each guest as comfortable as possible. Thank you again, for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

My best,

#10 of 29 in Pismo Beach
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
#8 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Avila Lighthouse Suites? Share your experiences!