“Love It!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Santa Maria, California
“Love It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

I stayed in room 214. Second floor is the way to go for a clear ocean view. See my photos..
Loved the great location, lots of room for just a couple, bathrobes, I-pod docking alarm clocks. When I checked in they gave me free wine tasting passes to two local tasting rooms both walking distance!!
I really love all this Hotel has to offer and the only thing I would think they can improve on is a nicer greeting when you arrive. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to all my friends!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

The hotel and grounds, including the pool and spa area are beautiful and well maintained. The suite was also very nice and roomy and quiet. The bathroom was large with 2 sinks, big tub. Nice little kitchen area (which we didn't need, but liked) with a sink, large mini fridge, coffee mugs and glassware. Right at the beach, which is also so pretty. Encountered several front desk people in our 2 days there and they were all very friendly and helpful. Our remote for one of the tv's was dead and within a couple of minutes a very friendly man appeared with another one. The only negative about the trip is that we had to leave after 2 nights. The town and the hotel were both too cute and peaceful. A very relaxing visit.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

I booked an ocean view room for my daughter and her husband, for their anniversary. I specifically requested an "Ocean View" three times, and was told "No problem" during the confirmation process.
When they checked in , however, they were given ground floor, dead center behind the pool; so their "view" was the plexi glass encasing the pool area. When they went to the desk to request a change, they were nastily told, "that is Ocean View" ..... so moving right along, when they hung the "Clean the Room" sign , the work was never done!!
Although the Ocean location is enticing , don't expect toget what you requested and paid for, or good service.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sxmom
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

We had a fabulous time at the Lighthouse Suites. The suite was a bit cramped feeling, but still larger than a typical room. The hotel pool was nicely maintained and pleasant. The beach is awesome - gentle surf and lots of sand. There is a playground right next to the hotel. This hotel attracts lots of families, so probably not the place for a romantic getaway (although there was a wedding party staying there when we were there). The breakfast was ok, not great and the breakfast room was cramped. There were not allowing any early check-in when I was there.

The beach gets very crowded on hot days and the parking in the town is limited. The hotel has a parking garage, but if you have guests, they might be hard pressed to find a place to park.

Nice trendy places to eat nearby, within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

It was our first family vacation with 2 kids (2 yr old and 2 month old). The experience was great. Check-in was quick, and they upgraded us to an oceanfront suite for free. Our room was very clean and ltterally steps away from the beach. I sat on the patio and enjoyed people watching during the day and sounds of the waves at night. This hotel is right in the middle of all the excitement: park, beach, playground, shops, pier.

We took advantage of all the amenities the hotel had to offer. The free breakfast was a life saver because we didn't have to pack our kids up each morning and go to a restaurant. I was able to go to the galley and bring back breakfast for the family. The breakfast offered cereal, dounuts, bagels, bread, fruit, hot mini waffles, yogurt, juice and coffee.

Enjoyed it so much, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Fresno, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

We booked an ocean front room for 3 nights. Left after 1. Room was small. You can hear every word from other guests. Room was not very clean. With all that said- Our son is an extremly light sleeper. Wife is very picky. The view and location is great. Steps from the beach. Most people would like the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

My husband and I traveled to Avila Beach for the first time for a wedding and thought the cute, little beach town was beautiful! We drove from Huntington Beach without our 3 kids and arrived at 1:00 p.m. and even though check-in isn't until 4, we were able to do early check-in, ate at the restaurant next door, The Custom House?, and they called us by 2:15 letting us know the room was ready. We were lucky and received room 218 so we had a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. The pictures online make it seem like the grounds are a lot bigger than they are, so don't expect it to be a huge hotel. Also, there aren't any bellhops, but they have the carts in the elevator. We were only staying one night, so we didn't have a lot of luggage. One bummer was I wanted to work out the next morning and the battery for the key was dead so I couldn't get in because maintenance didn't arrive until 7 a.m., but it allowed me to jog around the beach and I felt very safe. I also checked the key when I got back, and it was already fixed. The weather the weekend of May 30th was also very overcast and it was very windy and cold. Loved the cute nautical decor, granite counters for bathroom and very small kitchen area, and Bath & Body Works in the bathroom. There was also a farmer's market Friday night, and Saturday there was an art show right in front of the hotel. I would recommend booking on their website because the price was less expensive than travel websites.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,872 reviews
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#12 of 27 in Pismo Beach

Been to Avila Lighthouse Suites? Share your experiences!