“Wonderful Birthday Getaway!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Santa Barbara, California
“Wonderful Birthday Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I came here for my birthday earlier in the year, after researching online for a nice hotel to stay at I decided on Avila La Fonda! What a wonderful decision that was truly. From the wonderful service, to the small touches such as the wine & appetizer hour, or the pies in the evening. The chocolate croissants in the morning were delicious. The room was very lovely, loved the jacuzzi and the guestbook. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but that was the only downside of the entire experience. My boyfriend and I have a new catchphrase ever since staying here: We are not in La Fonda anymore, would definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is one of the most pleasant and friendly hotels I have every stayed in. The service was excellent - a warm welcome upon arrival and friendly throughout. The room was well appointed with a lovely spa bath and balcony as well as a fire in the corner. There are many lovely little touches such as the freshly baked cookies every few hour

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

A wonderful, warm and inviting atmosphere with such lovely people, so friendly! I am telling all my friends to come and experience this hotel. I have never been to a property where I felt so much at home. When you walk in, you are greeted by the smiles of friendly staff and the smell of fresh pie. Tyler and Joe where simply amazing. Tyler gave me a tour of the property and answered all of my questions.

The only bad thing is the fact that I had to checkout the next day. I simply did not want to leave. I will miss the La Fonda and I hope I will have a reason to come back to visit in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a wonderful 2 night stay here. All the staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is very clean and our room was just the perfect size. It did lack a place to put your clothes so I had to live out of my suitcase. Fortunately we were only there 2 nights. Nice large flat screen TV and big jacuzzi tub. Walking distance to the beach and downtown. Don't stay here if you are looking for a view. Our room viewed the parking lot. Lots of complimentary things such as coffee, juice and croissants for breakfasts, wine and snacks in the afternoon and pie served after dinner. We did the wine package and had a great day touring the winery's in Edna Valley. I would highly recommend staying at the Aviila La Fonda Hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Inglewood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great customer service and nice touches of so many complimentary things for guests to enjoy. There was a large slice of cheesecake with candle for me and a full basket of snacks for us to enjoy during our two night stay. A wonderful, warm and inviting atmosphere with such lovely people, so friendly! I am telling all my friends to come and experience this hotel. WOW!!!!!!

Room Tip: Spa rooms are great! If you want to cook choose Great Room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a beautiful little hotel a block away from the beach. We stayed here with our entire crew so we had the "suite" which consists of two adjoining rooms. Each had a jacuzzi tub which the kids loved! Very quaint art work and decorating. Would be great for a romantic weekend. It was our anniversary so there was a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us! The "great room" has a full kitchen which came in handy with two starving children in tow! Plus we made a nice breakfast right there in our room the first day! We needed the time to relax after our trip! My only issue was with the air conditioning. There isn't any. With the windows facing the sun the room was horribly warm in the afternoon. They do have window a/c but the vent hose was split to heck and when we complained they got another unit and put it in the room. That was split as well. So my handy husband fixed it and the room was cool enough then. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. They have snacks, wine, and pie!! Great stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AvrilSuzanne
Fresno, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went here for our one year anniversary and we were very impressed. This is the definition of a boutique hotel. They had complimentary wine and snacks all around the clock. I would definitely recommend this to any couple wanting a great romantic experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,873 reviews
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#11 of 27 in Pismo Beach

Been to Avila La Fonda Hotel? Share your experiences!