“Pretty cool hike ”
Review of Bridge To Nowhere

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I found out about this hike and decided to try it today. It's in Azusa, CA and is pretty easy to find.

We took the 210 east, exited route 39 and drove north. The street gets windy and you take a right off of east fork dr. and get there about 6 miles after that. Get a parking permit! We didn't have one and got there pretty late in the day so some guys were nice enough to give us their day pass.

The hike itself is not difficult. It's just long and changes terrain quite a bit. There are a lot if creeks that you will have to wade through so bring water shoes or expect to get your feet wet. I did the hike in wet Nikes and I was able to so it just fine but it got annoying towards the end. The climb is minimal but you will have to scramble through some rocks here and there. We saw beautiful scenery throughout and even a ram on the mountainside!

I might attempt to bungee jump off of the bridge one of these days!

4  Thank A3459W

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is one of the best hikes of my life. Beautiful scenery and I love the fact that you can see old washed out bridges and roads along the way. If you can, don't go on a weekend unless you want big crowds. If you go on a weekend I guess you can pay to bungee jump. Depending on when you go, there can be a lot of water, especially after the snow melts. It is easy to find, though there is no exact trail. Just follow the water and you will get there.

1  Thank Skyler V
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Talk about an epically unforgettable experience. Not only was the 10-mile round trip hike awesome, but once we had finally reached our destination, our reward was bungee jumping! Bungee America offers bungee jumping all year round, rain or shine, off the Bridge to Nowhere. Check out our post on the awesome adventure we had, photos and videos included, enjoy! :)

2  Thank MrandMrsAdventure
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Hiking down the San Gabriel River, starting just above Wrightwood, initially the river was narrow and just carrying the recent snowmelt. The further we went downriver the water began to roar and the trail disappeared here and there requiring us to bushwhack our way through the vegetation and occasionally wade our way towards Azusa. You can imagine our surprise when we came to the Bridge and Tunnel to Nowhere.

Most people come up river and complain about the trail, or lack of, as they go to the Bridge to Nowhere. I challenge anyone to approach it from up river. It's at least a two day hike and thoroughly a challenge.

2  Thank Cavydad
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Did this hike about a year ago with a group of 50 of us, and there must have been 1000 people total on this 10 mile out and back trail. It still didn't seem crowded though. What is really fun at least for me is the stream crossings and the really truly odd site at the end where the bungee jumping is. The hike itself is ??? - well it's dry LA, and indeed it is hot in the summer (don't recommend it in the height of summer). The Yucca's are really pretty cool, and the areas of scrambling on the sides of a rock slope (only a ten foot fall if you slip - not too much injury) are mildly fun for this 60 year old. Not having done many river crossings, I really enjoyed the water crossings (about 15 of them). I don't rock hop even without a 50 lbs pack. If you "slog" through knee high rivers I recommend comfortable old hiking boots, and be prepared to hike 7 out of the 10 miles in wet boots (actually works better than you think - and my boots did not know the difference, nor my feet). Remember to face down stream, and poles likewise down stream and walk sideways). If your young and a gazelle, and don't want to get wet - then rock hop and go for it (it can be done). It was crazy at the bridge, and that was where the people were. Jumps every 5 minutes while I was there (it's very professionally done - I think they have had the contract for the past 20 years - "bungy america? might be the name of the company).

3  Thank DrJR17