“Great nights sleep”
Review of Stardust Motel

Stardust Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Azusa
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Checked in and was greeted with a very warm welcome . I was hesitant at first . I get into my room , honestly I was shocked . Everything was so clean and the room was big and spacious brand new and well taken care of . Best nights sleep i have had in a long time . I travel a lot so i have seen it all when it comes to hotels , I will for sure come back . Management was very accommodating and friendly .

Room Tip: cozy beds and very new linen
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Terri T

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This place would be a pretty good deal if it wasn't for the shady manager. I made a reservation which they apparently lost. No problem he said, and showed me and my friend to a room. The only problem was that there was only one bed. We needed two. Then he gave me the keys to another room with two beds. This time it reeked of smoke. I went back and said that we reserved a non-smoking room. He said no problem and gave me keys to another room. This one was also a smoking room. This time he tried to convince me that it was a non-smoking room even though there were ash trays in the room and it didn't have a non-smoking sign on the door like the others. When I didn't fall for that, he gave me some sob story about how he can't stop people from smoking in the rooms. I wouldn't have any of that so then he magically found another room that someone else had reserved but they hadn't checked in yet so he offered it to us. Now this was at about 11pm and we were exhausted from travelling so we took it. I hope that person wasn't actually going to show up and I'm sorry if I stole your room.

Also, take a look at nearly all of these 5 star reviews. Some of them are probably legitimate, but a lot of them follow the same pattern. First off, the reviewer only has one review. Then they say the motel is clean even though they didn't expect it to be. Then they say that the manager is the friendliest guy ever. Yeah right. I'm not buying it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank durkonion
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I loved everything about this place it was really clean the rooms did not smell the prices were pretty reasonable and the manager jay at the front desk was very friendly I will definitely be coming back to this place for sure

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Dshbrdfan7
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We very impressed with room. It was very clean and comfortable. I recommend it if you need a place to stay the night ; this is the place for you. The manager at the motel was very friendly an knowledgeble of the area..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank max f
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I went to this place not expecting much but as soon as I got to the room I loved it. It was nice and clean. Overall it was a very nice room. The manager was really friendly,professional and helped me out no problem. Because of him I will be here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Eddieboydtheone
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I did not have high expectations before coming to this motel, however I was very impressed. The rooms are recently remodeled and ours included a refrigerator. The bathroom was quite nice too. Easily the most memorable feature of this motel is that the room had a mirror above the bed! While it has provided many laughs and makes for a good story, it's probably a feature I could do without.

The only drawbacks I have about this place are that the staff is somewhat unfriendly and there is no ice machine. The area around the motel isn't great, but I never felt unsafe at any point here.

If you're visiting the Azusa area this is a great place to stay! I wouldn't recommend this place if you're looking to go to downtown LA because traveling there from the Stardust Motel would be a bit of a hassle.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Garrett L
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were in CA for 3 nights for a family event. The rooms themselves are very nice. You can tell that they have been remodeled. There are hardwood floors (thank goodness. No nasty carpets to worry about!!) and a fridge and microwave in the room. We booked on hotels.com and got a good rate. When we booked the website stated there were coffee pots in the room, which there was not. They also no longer have the spa. These were not major issues, but I wanted to note it, There was a 7-11 about a block away. The only draw back was the staff in the office was not very friendly. The rooms were very clean, and when we returned each night housekeeping had cleaned the room thoroughly. No restaurant on the property, but tons of dining close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank batgirl42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Azusa
Super 8 Azusa
Days Inn Of West Covina
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex

Been to Stardust Motel? Share your experiences!