“Nice....”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Azusa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice....”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My Motorcycle had broken down on my way to Oakland from Phoenix, and while waiting on repairs I stayed at this Hotel. It was last minute, but I got a reasonable rate and a clean room. The Staff was amazingly helpful, efficient and courteous. The location is near shopping, a variety of places to dine. The Asian Fusion Restaurant (Couwami) right out front was really good, and open on Christmas Day! Small pool and Hot Tub would have been nice if the weather had been warmer, & the pool guy came and cleaned that day! Coffee & Danish in the Lobby in the Mornings......Thanks Much for your hospitality during my adventure....!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Ray P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
We are thrilled to hear about your experience with us! Its great to hear that our staff was accommodating to all your needs. We look forward to seeing you during the warmer months of the year so you can enjoy the pool and spa. See you soon!

Ray Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Friendly staff at the desk in a large lobby with computers that helped us find our next hotel as we traveled north up the coast. Location felt safe and restaurant recommended by desk staff turned out to be an excellent choice for reasonable priced delicious steaks. Breakfast selection was very extensive with a super nice person seeing to all your needs. Food was also tasty when some other restaurants may advertise hot breakfasts they may not be as good as this was. Room large and very clean, comfy beds & pillows with plenty of clean towels. Pool & hot tub definitely a plus and well maintained. Definitely would recommend to everyone coming to this area to stay here. Again, what a great staff. Thanks who checked in us. Really appreciate.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the office are quieter and safer, As always, you know that.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
California, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The price was fine for what you get. Visually, the furnishings were blah, outdated and miss matched. Some paint chipping off wall in the bathroom. But otherwise, everything was clean and neat.
The bed was SOOO hard. We both woke up with stiff necks and/or shoulders. But we did get enough sleep..... barely. And the bedding seemed clean and crisp. It was just ok.
The bathroom had ONE thin, tiny bar of soap sitting on the large, empty counter, next to the sink. I don't know why it struck me as funny when I saw it. But I had to laugh at how silly it looked sitting there. The towels were clean and white, and soft to the touch.
This is a basic place, with no extras, except a refrigerator... plug it in right away, if you plan to use it. No iron, No coffee maker, No microwave, No bathroom toiletries, only 2 small pillows for the king size bed, etc. This place is not really comfortable. But we needed a place to sleep, in the area, on short notice. The staff was friendly enough. And I did enjoy a cup of fresh coffee, from the office lobby, in the morning. There was juice and some nasty looking honey buns in plastic wrappers available. Also some kind of dry cereal and milk, BUT........ We quickly left and had a healthier breakfast elsewhere.
All in all, we would NOT stay here again. Only because of the horrible, hard bed. It really was like sleeping on a board to us. We don't care about a bunch of extras! BUT...... we DO care about sleeping in a COMFORTABLE bed. That shouldn't be an extra. It should be the #1 concern of any hotel/motel.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are basically the same..... good luck!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hayward, California
Reviewed 13 October 2012

When my daughter went away to college, it is my home away from home. They are always friendly when I visit and make me feel at home. It is close to her college, stores, and places to eat. The pool and spa are enjoyable. Thanks for making it so easy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Upland, California
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Great accomodations for your family and friends when your house is just a little too full. The staff is awesome, accomodations are clean, feel like home. Thank you for making it so easy to have company.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cyndi R
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We requested for a non-smoking room and was given. Unfortunately the room given was strongly smell smoke. We called the front desk and was given another room immediately. Great place with acceptable price to stay. We plan for family vacation in 2012 and possible will stay for 4 or more days.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank laimtxuj1
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Not a nice place to stay. Dirty and poorly maintained. The carpet was stained and dirty with some kind of filmy, semi-translucent stains. The chair upholstery was dirty and torn. The bathroom was moldy with dirt in the corners. I checked the mattress for bedbugs (didn't find any bugs) and discovered a stained, filthy mattress. There were also deliberate cuts in the sides of the mattress which I assumed a guest used to hide things. There is a $$$ deposit for the TV remote control.

The manager did offer another room, but the first sign that things were off was that the door was propped open and a fan was being used to draw out the smell. I am not sure what the smell was but I couldn't stay in the room 1 minute let alone overnight.

I booked through my airline and after speaking with the travel rep, the manager did agree to refund my money (even the deposit for the remote control)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
abvilasvegas, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am happy that you were satisfied with your full refund. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. I assure you that your claims were corrected and hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Manager, Ray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Azusa
Super 8 Azusa
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex
Best Western Plus Route 66 Glendora Inn

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena? Share your experiences!