“The best Mexican?”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Newton, Kansas
“The best Mexican?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

One of my best Mexican food experiences in the US. Service was superior and the food was FRESH. I'm pretty sure everything is made from scratch. Go here if you are in the area. No excuses! There is also a little treat at the end!

• Visited April 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“Always tasty”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stop in Alamosa for lunch several times a year when I pass through on my way to central Colorado. This has become a regular stop. The food is excellent and I order off the menu although there is buffet also available. Their enchiladas, their salsa and their chips are all so good it makes it worthwhile to take a nice break from the driving and eat slowly. Service is good, friendly and speedy, location is right at a main intersection and there is parking. On one street nearby you can pull up with a trailer if you are towing something.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank GandGTraveler
Upstate New York
“Unexpected Surprise!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were headed to Great Sand Dunes National Park and just happened to stay in Alamosa one night. Looking for a decent dinner, we stumbled into Calvillos and were blown away! The staff was friendly, attentive, without hovering, there was a couple and little boy playing live music on guitars (smiling the whole time), the buffet (including hand made, fresh tortillas, made right in front of us) was amazing. I can't believe they can have all of those features for the prices they charge. I think we got the buffet and a drink for eleven bucks.
Later that night they had some kind of fun Mexican party/salsa lessons, but we couldn't stay (little ones in our group). It was truly one of the best experiences of eating out that I've ever had. HIGHLY recommended.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank JBerUpstateNewYork
Parker, Colorado
“Yay - real Mexican food!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It's pathetic how bad the Mexican food is living in Denver (and Colorado in general), so I was happily surprised at my experience eating at Calvillo's, especially since it's a buffet. Everything I tried WAS buffet food, prepared for a crowd (rather than to order), but it didn't feel that way. From the tamale to the excellent array of salsas, I wish I had a bigger appetite, it was all so good. The staff was friendly and helpful, as I didn't recogize some of the dishes. The lunch price was completely affordable considering the amount and various types of offerings. All-in-all, the next time I'm in Alamosa, I will be visiting Calvillo's again!

Visited March 2014
Estes Park, Colorado
“more choices than you can eat”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Very good Mexican restaurant and buffet. The buffet has everything on the menu and includes drink and desserts. Wonderful sopopias. A must s top I the San Louis valley.

• Visited March 2014