“Restaraunt staff AMAZING!!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Restaraunt staff AMAZING!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We did not stay in the hotel as we were passing through early in the morning. The dining room tables were set up in the hotel lobby, the waitress explained they were replacing the carpet in anticipation of a new Restaraunt. Our waitress couldn't have been more friendly or professional. This was better service than we had gotten the night before in CO springs at a steak house. It was very apparent that she was the only server in the place and it was busy!! Every table was occupied, or waiting to be cleaned. She quickly cleared us a table, brought us coffee and was back in a matter of moments to take our order. It was obvious she was stressed, but she smiled and was friendly every time she came to the table, we were never ignored. At some point a young gentleman began helping her, and as friendly as he was, I'm pretty sure it was his first day. A woman walked out of the dining room, followed by another man who said and I quote "How long will you be gone, Chef?" To which she replied, I will be gone most of the day. I was appalled that a chef would leave her staff that short handed, while they were that busy. Whoever owns this place should look for a new "Chef". Lucky for her she has that waitress!! I just wish I could remember her name!!! We will dine on our way back through, and I hope she is there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I found the staff very responsive to my needs in doing little things in my room as they were in the midst of a remodel. The hotel seems tot be the best location for a large gathering space and myself and three others stayed here for a training.

There were amenities I was not expecting such as a free two drink cocktail hour, and free cook to order breakfast. They were working on the water park so it was not available but I think it will be a nice amenity once it is completed. I expect the equipment in the workout room and activities area is likely to be updated by the time they are done too.

I say this because the staff want your stay to be a good one and there responses to our needs showed that, they were very helpful in connecting us to good food in the area too. I have to say the breakfast in the hotel restaurant was excellent.

I had a missing light bulb and nonfunctional refrigerator and all was addressed immediately after reporting it the morning after a late check-in.

Room Tip: Some rooms have sliding glass doors to the interior of the hotel, others are more of a typical exter...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Alamosa hotels
BEST WESTERN Alamosa Inn
#7 of 13 in Alamosa
Hampton Inn Alamosa
Hampton Inn Alamosa
#2 of 13 in Alamosa

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn

Property: Rodeway Inn
Address: 333 Sante Fe Ave., Alamosa, CO 81101 (Formerly Inn of the Rio Grande)
Region: United States > Colorado > Alamosa
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Rodeway Inn 2.5*
Welcome to the Valley's ONLY Full Service Hotel! Experience the best Alamosa has to offer! Relax in our hot tub or sauna, take a cruise down the 24 ft water slide in our fabulous Indoor Water Park. Hungry? We have you covered! Get a bite to eat at Country Kitchen on property. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner all day. Enjoy great food while in the water park, lounge or room service in the relaxation of your room. How convenient is that? Daily Happy Hour specials in the lounge with your favorite sport channel on one of our six flat screen TVs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.