“Wonderful in every way!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa

Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Magnolia, Delaware
“Wonderful in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We needed a place to stay as we traveled from Durango to Denver. This was a beautiful hotel, well appointed and conveniently located within walking distance to a new Walmart and Dollar Tree. The staff was well trained, friendly and helpful. the breakfast was the best I've seen for a Hotel and there were several attendants checking the temperature and quality of the food. The indoor pool and spa were immaculate and a very inviting shade of blue. Highly recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thanks for your comments on my hotel, we appreciate our guests taking time to rate us!
My staff and I are dedicated to our guests and i am excited to see that we met your expectations in every way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Denver, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

For the past few months, I've had to stay in Alamosa on a weekly basis due to my work schedule. As I have done in the past, I chose Holiday Inn Express due to consistency with their accomodations and overall facilities. After my first night, there was no doubt that I would be staying there till my work was done. The front desk (Janelle, Deanna, Brandi and Sara) are always friendly with a welcoming smile and ready to go the extra mile to make sure I have a pleasant stay. Housekeeping does a great job with the rooms, ( I must have stayed in all of them) always confortable and clean. Wendy and Desire' work very hard to have a hot breakfast ready by 6:30, ( service is better that many restaurants I have visited).
Never met anyone from maintanance, maybe because they stay on top of any issues so the guests don't have to worry?
Nice size indoor pool to relax in and a confortable exercise room next to it makes this a "home away from home".
With Wolf Creek Ski area an hour west and The Sand Dunes 30 min. east, this is the perfect hotel to stay at for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
THANK YOU for taking the time to review my hotel. THE TRUE TEST OF ANY HOTEL IS OUR LONG TERM STAY GUESTS for they see it all both the good and the not so good.
I am pleased that the hotel is your "home away from home"...we appreciate your business and your loyalty. I will pass your comments along to my staff...and as always
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Alamosa
GM-Deborah
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Rather than stick blindly to just one chain, I use TripAdvisor to select the hotels we use on our trips. This Holiday Inn in Alamosa has got to be a real jewel in their chain. It stands up to any hotel in its class and beats many of those more deluxe hotels that charge much more. The room had all the facilities, including a large counter in the bathroom, the new "easy to keep clean" TV remote, etc. An extra mirror above my desk was a nice touch. A good night's sleep is the first requirement, of course, and that was no problem here. The bed was very comfortable and we heard no noises at all during the night--very quiet. But the highlight has to be the breakfast room. It is large with regular, identical tables and chairs rather than a hodgepodge of different furniture. The layout was good, too, with good spacing to avoid congesting spots. And the ladies that work there are the real secret. Many breakfast areas have one person, maybe good, maybe not, trying to handle the whole thing. Difficult at best. I saw three different ladies, at least, working this breakfast, even though this was not a busy day and there weren't many guests eating. The breakfast hours are from 6:30 to 9:30. Would you believe I saw a lady bringing out fresh bacon at 9:22? By then, most would be shutting down already. So, well done, Holiday Inn. You could teach other hotels how to do business.

Room Tip: We chose a room away from the highway to avoid traffic noise. I don't know if it would have bee...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ArtColorado
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I thank you for your review of my hotel. We are fortunate for I believe we have the largest breakfast room ever!! The hotel mantra is "JUST DO IT RIGHT" and this is what the Holiday Inn Express Alamosa does.
I am pleased that you found your room accomodations pleasing also.
Come back and visit us real soon !
GM-Deborah
Lewes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Check in: Quick, efficient and friendly.

Room: Very clean and tidy but most of all very comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast: Very good quality with a good range to choose from.

Amenities: Ugh, no pool but there is a laundry

Room Tip: Note: There’s a WalMart across the parking lot like to shop or go WalMartian spotting!
2 Thank RoyandSue
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you for the review but i am a bit confused for we have a large pool, sauna and jacuzzi tub that is open daily. Thank you for the comments on the room aand please come back and see us soon.
GM- Deborah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've been staying at the Holiday Inn Express, in Alamosa on business, for over two months (Monday through Friday). The accomadations are perfect! Hot breakfast every morning and a spotless room when my day is done. The staff always wear a smile and are extremely pleasant. I have heard other visitors speaking very highly of the hotel as well (so I know It's not just me who feels this way).

If you're planning a stay in Alamosa, I highly recommend checking them out. Make reservations early, because they are always hopping.

I know you'll appreciate the hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank merlin80232
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for taking time writing a review..we DO appreciate your kind words and I will pass this along to the hotel staff ..we appreciate all of our long term stay guests and try hard to make this your "home away from home".
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

This manager has put together a STAFF that any "5 diamond" hotel would envy.
Truly Amazing folks in Alamosa Colorado.
The breakfast Ladies were amazing.
My lost bag (airline) was delivered to my room at 9:30 at night "Cheerfully"
You can't make this stuff up!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and couldn't hear anything, slept like a baby.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Doug H
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please come back and see soon.
england amersham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days in sept .Its situated on the edge of town with good parking close to Walmart .The staff on reception were warm and welcoming ,our room was great , large clean and well equipped . This included a large fridge microwave and wet bar great for self catering particularly with Walmart on the doorstep. .There is a small pool with hot tub and a small gym perfect for our needs .
Breakfast which was included was fine , mainly continental but a small hot selection too , again more than adequate , the lady's working on breakfast were extremely helpful and pleasant .
The hotel is a great stop off point if you are touring this part of Colorado , we visited the main recommended spots including the sand dunes and Zapata falls which were great fun.

3 Thank johnbowen87
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I will pass along to my staff your comments regading breakfast and the fitness center, and their professionalism when you arrived.
Come back and see us soon