The room at the Holiday Inn Express came highly recommended so that’s where we headed in Alamosa. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming. The room was a bit more expensive than what was shown on the TA site but still reasonable. We scored a room on the first floor again, very close to the front desk. They had cookies and lemonade on offer right as we checked in, which was nice.
Our room was awesome. Clean, for one thing: even the carpet was so clean that I felt bad bringing our dusty shoes in and leaving tracks. Nice and spacious, lots of amenities, even shower gel! Tons of pillows and towels and all very clean. One thing though – why do all these chains now have curtains if they don’t close? Aren’t drapes supposed to drape? We had the same issue as the previous night: this time we faced the back of the hotel so privacy was not an issue but a light they had on there shone into our room, so if you like pitch dark while sleeping, well, keep driving. Not sure what these hotels are thinking but curtains that keep the light out at night are GOOD. That said, the hotel was still very nice; we had another overenthusiastic heater but this time we knew what not do and simply set it on low cool and were very comfortable despite the below zero temps outside. After a great night’s sleep we discovered that the hotel also had a free hot breakfast. We don’t usually do hotel breakfasts but decided to make an exception and enjoyed good scrambled eggs, tons of crispy bacon and my favorite: biscuits with LOTS of yummy sausage gravy. I think you could make waffles too. And there was a lady checking on if we had found what we needed.
Great service and room and very good deal for the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guests voted Holiday Inn Express & Suites as ALAMOSA's #1 HOTEL IN THE SOUTHWEST/SOUTHEAST REGION 2014 !! Enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Alamosa, Colorado's best kept secret, with over 300 days of sunshine each year. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa welcomes you to the gateway of the Great Sand Dunes National Park, Rio Grande Scenic Railroads, the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. Our NEWLY RENOVATED 2014 hotel offers luxurious amenities to keep you comfortable. All our executive rooms are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, cable TV and FREE high-speed Wi-Fi Internet throughout the entire hotel. We have a guest laundry facility, fitness center, indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. The front desk is staffed 24 hrs a day, offering message and FAX services along with a business center with computer/printer use. Utilize our meeting/conference room and business center for your corporate meeting or your special occasion. After a restful night sleep, enjoy our DELUXE complimentary 16 ITEM EXPRESS START hot breakfast bar. Visit Alamosa, CO and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites where your satisfaction is our priority making your stay a memorable one while in Alamosa, CO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa Hotel Alamosa
- Holiday Inn Express Alamosa
- Holiday Inn Alamosa
- Alamosa Holiday Inn