“Family reunion!”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I just want to say that this hotel was extremely inviting! I felt like home, the beds were so comfortable! Staff was great, friendly, they always had a smile!
Breakfast was very delicious, except for
one thing. I took a bite of a moldy yogurt. It wasn't expired, yet there was still mold inside, might be worth investigating transport and storage practices. Again, this was an excellent experience for me and my family, thanks for the hospitality. I will be visiting and staying again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your comments on the hotel and staff. I also thank you for letting us know of the yogurt issue...we did investigate further and have contacted the vendor making them aware of the Greek Yogurt issue.
Thank you for staying with us...

Reviewed 31 July 2014

For a small town, this was a high class experience. Even though it's right on a busy road, the soundproof windows did their job and I slept very well. The staff was professional and friendly. The room was very nicely decorated and everything worked well. I drove back into town to have a glass of wine at the brewery. All in all, the most comfortable and welcoming of my four day trip to New Mexico from Colorado.

Room Tip: I was on the highway side and have insomnia and I slept very well. I was on bottom floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and the hotel met your expectations...we just renovated and i am pleased you enjoyed the decor.
Come back soon !!
Gm-Deborah

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We reserved a room for Friday night to attend a funeral for a family member. When I called to make the reservation and requested a bereavement rate, I was informed that 'bereavement rates can only be given on certain nights, depending on how full the hotel is.' That's a pretty sad policy, and one that probably should stay hidden from guests.

When I mentioned we had 5 kids (7 of us total), and needed a suite, she told me all the suites were taken, but that we'd be fine in a regular room. When I asked for a rollaway bed, she told me it would be a $40 charge. Obviously, tacking on a $40 charge to our already pricey room was not an option for our family.

When we checked in, there was a dirty plastic knife right in the middle of the floor, and the room could've used a deep clean. With family in Alamosa, we have stayed at this hotel several times, but may try something different next time we visit.

Stayed: July 2014
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I apologize for the inconveniece with the rollaway bed and for the room cleanliness. Is it possible to call me personally to discuss this furthere @ 719-589-4026 for i certainly wish all of my guests to have a great stay.
GM -Deborah

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Before I review, please just let me thank everyone at the HIE Alamosa! We were there for 3 nights and every staff member from housekeeping to management were pleasant, kind, courteous and professional. No matter where I passed a staff member, I was always greeted like he or she was happy to see me. I felt so welcome! Although the temperature outside was FREEZING, the minute we walked through the front doors we felt so much warmer! The reception area was nice, clean, uncluttered with warm finishes and a fireplace to make us feel right at home. The best part of the entrance was the smiles from the two SUPER FRIENDLY and COURTEOUS ladies behind the front desk. We just wanted to sit in front of the fireplace and relax, but alas, work prohibited that enjoyment! We arrived much earlier than we thought we would (10AM) and we were in our comfortable suite by 11! What a wonderful and happy thing! THANK YOU! This hotel felt and looked like a newer hotel; the phone in the bathroom gave away its age! Our room, just like everyplace else here was extremely well maintained and it is obvious the staff takes great pride in providing the highest level of customer service. Clean! Clean! Clean! It was awesome! I walked around my room in my white socks and they weren't dirty! I was surprised at how quiet our room was. We had two busloads of young adults but still slept like babies in a quiet room, on a comfortable bed, and with the best pillows EVER! Perfect location! Right off the main route and close to our venue. Additionally, we had a super Walmart just behind the hotel, as well as easy walking access to whatever we could possible need! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Alamosa area! It's on my "favorite list"!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CharlieCN
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and the hotel...I will pass this along to my staff.
The hotel takes alot "pride" to make every stay a memorable one, and I am pleased to see that your entire stay exceeded your expectaions!
Come back amd see us when it is warm...Colorado is beautiful in the summer and fall.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Provided plenty of snacks including freshly made cookies, snack bars, crackers & even juice. Breakfast was the same as other holiday inns. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Air conditioner in room was not working well so they immediately switched us to another room, typed a letter of apology and gave us 500 priority points for the inconvience.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kaitlyn013
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words , and i am pleased to see that my staff assisted you with your room issue and that the issues were solved promptly and efficiently!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stranded and injured by an automobile accident, the staff took us under their collective wing and things worked out just great. The property is new, clean and well cared for. The staff are friendly, caring and very knowledgable. Good breakfasts with coffee available 24/7. I don't think we could have landed in a better location given our situation. Definitely the place to stay in Alamosa. We may go back just to see everybody again.

Room Tip: We stayed in both the King Rooms and King Suites and liked each.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan M

Thank you for taking time writing your review....you are officially now family here :)
Come back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

From ariival on the staff was great. Always had time to answer questions about restaurants and local attractions. Great breakfast which made for a great start to the day! Clean and comfortable. Definitely on my lis of good places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JCD4

Thank you for your review!! Come back and see Alamosa and us soon.