“Stop in the summer!!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Eureka, California
“Stop in the summer!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My complaint is that those old fashioned, in the wall heaters are extremely loud!! There was no spare blanket in the room and only a sheet and very light duvet cover. I woke several times during the night curled up in a ball!! aching from being so cold.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hello 875Angela! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! I would like to apologize that you thought the wall heaters were extremely loud :(, but thank you for bringing that to our attention so that we can look into it. I would also like to apologize that you did not find the spare blanket provided in the rooms. We really wished that you would have contacted the front desk and notified us of ANY problems you were having during your stay with us, so that we would of had the opportunity to take action IMMEDIATELY! I am deeply sorry that you did not get a good nights rest and I also deeply apologize for your aching due to the cold. :( Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal and we do apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and hopefully then we will have met ALL of your expectations!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a nice property with inexpensive rates. Michael at the front desk was very friendly. He went above and beyond. The room was nice for the price, the bed comfortable.

The internet is terrible. The signal strength at my room (121) was weak. There was a certificate error preventing me from connecting which I had to figure out how to get around. Once connected, it was so slow that I tethered to my cell phone to get work done.

Breakfast was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hello Real-Colorado-N...! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for recognizing that we do indeed have a nice property for inexpensive rates! :) I am so glad that you found my staff (MICHAEL) to be very friendly, I am glad he went above and beyond to meet your expectations! I will make sure to pass your kind review about him on to him! I am very happy that you found the room to be nice for the price! :) And, I am also glad that you thought the bed was comfortable. One of our goals is to try to make sure our guests get a good nights comfortable rest, so thank you for noticing how comfortable our beds really are!! However, I would like to deeply apologize that you found the internet to be terrible :( We really wished you would have contacted the front desk immediately so that we would of had the chance to move you to another room as soon as possible and tried to solve the problem quickly. I am truly sorry that you had to tether your cell phone to get your work done. Thank you for stating that the breakfast was great, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and and hopefully we will have met ALL of your expectations.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Special thanks to Andy who was managing the desk during my stay! I was unfamiliar with the area and he was above and beyond the call of duty in giving me directions and printing maps. He was very helpful in chosing restaurants and saw to a really excellent breakfast, especially the eggs !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hello 766Sam! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! First of all, thank you so much for the 5 point review! That means so much to us :) ! . I am so glad to hear that my staff (ANDY) went above and beyond the call of duty in giving you directions and printing maps of the area! I am also glad he was very helpful in helping you choose restaurants, we do have a variety to choose from here in alamosa that we like to recommend! Thank you for recognizing that we do indeed have an excellent breakfast!! Most of our guests are 100% satisfied with our breakfast, and that is one of our main goals is to see our guests leaving full and satisfied! :) Again, thank you for your kind review and I will be sure to pass this on to ANDY!! We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip here to Alamosa!! :)
Springfield, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel was okay. I expected a little more from the name, but wasn't completely disappointed. Didn't like have to walk so far to the pool, and the Jacuzzi was out of order. What made the stay completely worth the price was the service we received from Andy at the desk. He went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. Very personable and helpful. He obviously believes in customer service! Thanks, Andy, for making our first trip to Alamosa comfortable!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello keli s! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! I am so sorry that you found the hotel to be just "okay" I am glad you were not completely disappointed! I am not exactly sure of what were more of your expectations, considering all of the hotels ammenities. Our ammenities include; full hot breakfast, wi fi, indoor pool, indoor hot tub, refrigerators, microwaves, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, guests business center, etc.... However, I would like to apologize for you having to walk so far to the pool. When you book ahead, you can always request a room near the pool and we will accomodate your needs! I would also like to apologize for our hot tub being out of order :( . It is now currently fixed and in use again :).. So if you stay with us in the future we hope you will take advantage of it! I am very happy that Andy went above and beyond to make your stay pleasant!! I will be sure to pass your kind words on to him and hopefully you will stay with us in the future and we will have met ALL of your expectations!
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at the BW in Alamosa and it was great! the guy at the front desk was awesome, the room was very nice and the breakfast was excellent! Definitely will be staying here again! we have stayed at many BWs and this one was the nicest! the room was very clean and modern. the entire property was very clean. When we first pulled up we saw that there were no vacancies, which concerned us at first for the breakfast. However, the guy on the front desk did great keeping all the items stocked and fresh. we had no problem getting fed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Hello Vbaby705! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us! I am so glad that you had a great stay! :) I am happy to see you say that the guy at the front desk was awesome! Thank you for recognizing that our rooms are very nice and I'm glad you found the breakfast to be excellent! I am very happy to know that you will definitely be staying with us again!! It also makes me VERY happy that you found our BW property to be the nicest one you"ve stayed at..WOW!! Thank you so much for noticing that our rooms and our entire property are indeed very clean and modern! When it comes to our guests we strive to do our best in making them happy in all of the hotel departments! I do apologize that you were a bit concerned when you saw our no vacancy sign, but I am glad that my staff did a great job for you by keeping all of our breakfast items stocked and fresh! Again, thank you so much for your kind review and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future!! :)
Canon City, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The location, service and room were great. The only problem was the we had picked the hotel because it had in indoor pool When we went to go swimming the pool was freezing and the hot tub was drained. The breakfast area was a little small but the food was good and there was a big variety of things to choose from. It was not a bad experience just a little disappointing that we could not use the pool or hot tub.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello Erin R! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for saying that the location, the service, and the rooms were great about our property! :) I would like to deeply apologize about the swimming pool water being freezing & also about the hot tub being drained. We were totally unaware of the hot tub draining, so thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. We are currently getting it fixed. However, I do not understand why the water in the pool was freezing cold but we are also currently looking into that right now. I do apologize that our breakfast area is a little bit small, but thank you for noticing that the food is good & that we do offer a variety to choose from! :) I am pleased that you did NOT have a bad experience with us. And again, we apologize for your not being able to use the pool & hot tub. We hope that we will have a chance to see you again in the future and hopefully we will have met ALL of your standards and expectations.
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I spent one night at the Best Western Alamosa Inn in October 2013 remembering that a few years before I had had a positive experience there. This time I was offered a different kind of room, definitely simpler than the one I could remember, somewhat not at the best level of the Best Western brand, but nevertheless ample, clean and functional, including microwave, fridge, coffee maker and wi fi connection.The staff is kind and professional and unlike other motels here's offered every morning a full complimentary breakfast without affecting the room rate.The location is good, almost within walking distance from downtown and all shopping options on Hwy 160. Would I stay there again? Yes

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Hello d8889! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! First of all, I would like to thank you for returning to our property because you had had a positive experience with us! :) However, I would like to apologize that you were offered a different room then before. Whatever the difference was from the last time you stayed with us was, my staff and I wished that you would have brought it to our attention so that we would have had the chance to address the situation immediately! I would also like to apologize that you felt it was not somewhat the best level of the BEST WESTERN brand. We try our best to go above and beyond the BEST WESTERN'S standards, so we do apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Thank you for recognizing that our property is clean, functional, and all of our ammenities. I am glad that you found my staff to be kind and professional! I will pass this on to them. And yes breakfast is always included in the rate and there is no need to charge extra because we love to see our guests coming back! I am glad the location was convenient for you! Thank you so much for saying you would stay here with us again. We are looking forward to your future stay with us and hopefully we will have exceeded all of your expectations during your next stay!!