“Clean, quiet, friendly atmosphere”

Best Western Alamosa Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I would definitely stay here again The hotel was busy but we did not hear any other guests. The breakfast was good and everything was kept full and fresh. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary H
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Mary H! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! :) I am very pleased to see you state that you would definitely stay here again!! :) I am so glad that you were not disturbed by any of the other hotel guests! Thank you so much for recognizing that our breakfast is indeed good, and is kept full and fresh!! I am very pleased that my staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, to us, our customers come first, so I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to them!! :) We look forward to seeing you in the future, so that we may once again have the opportunity to meet your standards and expectations! If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns...please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or you could e-mail us at bwalamosainn@gmail.com.. Again, thank you for your review on trip advisor!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a pretrip, to check the arrangements for a group of friends coming to stay at the hotel in July for the Rio Grande concert train and golf. We were very pleased with room 120, it was very clean, felt spacious and had a great bed. The grounds are exceptional and Anna and the staff were helpful in assisting with our arrangements for our July return. Would definitely recommend this property and look forward to our coming visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in back seem quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Essie47
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hello Essie47! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business!! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! :) I am very pleased that you found your room to be very clean, I am glad it was spacious enough for you, and I am also glad that you had a great bed!! :) Thank you for recognizing that our grounds are indeed exceptional!! :) I am pleased to hear that my staff, (Anna) was helpful in assisting you with your arrangements for your return in July. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to her!! :) I am also so pleased to see you state that you would definitely recommend this property, and we are also looking forward to your future stay with us as well!!! Again, thank you and we will see you soon!!! :)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Standard drive up motel, but kept very clean. Room was spacious and small green park in central area was perfect for family picnic and dog. Breakfast was very good and staff friendly and helpful. Stayed here on vacation to the Sand Dunes- would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David M
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hello David M! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means a lot to us!! :) Thank you for recognizing that our standard drive up motel is INDEED kept very clean!! I am glad that you found the room to be spacious, and I am also glad that you and your family got to enjoy a picnic in our courtyard area!! :) Thank you for stating that the breakfast was very good, and I am very pleased that you found my staff to be friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to them!! :) I am also very pleased that you stated that you would definitely do it again!! We are looking forward to seeing you in the future, so that we may once again have the opportunity to meet your standards and expectations!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was an excellent value for the price. Best priced Best Western Motel I've ever stayed at.The room was very spacious, very clean and very comfortable. Staff was very courteous. Enjoyed the stay here very much.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike9922
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hello mike9922! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! I am glad that you found our hotel to be the best priced "BEST WESTERN" you have ever stayed at! Thank you so much for recognizing that our rooms are indeed very spacious, very clean, and very comfortable!! :) I am happy to hear that my staff was very courteous, I will be sure to pass your kind comment on to them! I am also very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us very much!! We are looking to seeing you in the future, so that we may once again have the opportunity to meet your standards and expectations!!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Fantastic place with plug-ins for at least 10 diesels. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Best Best Western I have stayed at in years. What a find! While you're here, go to the San Louis Valley Brewery for a good meal and some great beer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bartlett M
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hello Bartlett M! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! :) Yes, we do have a fantastic set up here for our guests driving diesels and other big trucks! I am glad that you found my front desk staff to be extremely friendly and helpful! Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction!! So, I will be sure to pass your nice comments on to them! WOW!! I am so pleased to see that you stated that this is the best, "BEST WESTERN" you have stayed at in years!!! :) And, I do agree with you, the San Luis Valley Brewing Company is a GREAT choice for restaurants in our area!! :) We are looking forward to seeing you in the future!!!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

flew in from NYC into Denver and drove to Alamosa; spent one night to then drive to Durango... Alamosa is very basic and Best Western is your best option although very basic took the time the following day to go see the Great Sand Dune National park (beautiful!) didn't have b'fast at the hotel, went to the Safeways and had a Starbucks b'fast the hotel is clean and practical

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura F
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hello Laura F! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for choosing us as your place to stay, and also thank you so much for stating that we, the BEST WESTERN, is the best option!!!! Yes, I do agree with you that Alamosa is basic, but Alamosa also has alot of other entertainment, such as...The Alligator Farm, Zapata Falls, The Cumbres & Toltec Railroad, The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad, and of course as you mentioned The Great Sand Dunes National Park! And yes, it is very beautiful, it is one of Alamosa's biggest attractions!! I would like to apologize that you did not get to take advantage of our full hot breakfast buffet that we provide for our guests. :( Next time you are in the town we hope that you will stay with us again and that you will take advantage of it, it is DELICIOUS! Thank you for recognizing that our hotel is INDEED clean and practical!! :) We look forward to seeing you in the future!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had a bad time here. No one liked it. The only reason that we even gave it 2 stars was the breakfast.

Pros:
Breakfast was great
Anna was manning the front desk and was able to fix our problems while managing breakfast.

This is the bigger part. Cons:
We booked a Expedia Mystery Hotel Rate, so we didn't know what room we were going to and they gave us a 2 double.
They gave a group of 4 (2 kids (7&10) and 2 adults) a 2 double room. This is impossible and TERRIBLE judgment.
When we moved for a cheap upgrade ($10) to a 2 queen the room was bad. We had to move all of the stuff for a week long road trip on day 2 to a new building all the way across the hotel.
The 1st change had a paper bag over the shower, which we found out after everything was in the new room, so we had to move.
After that it was good.

All in all we will NOT be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caribbean556
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello Caribbean556! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! I would like to apologize for you having a bad time here :( . Thank you for recognizing that we do indeed have a great breakfast!! I am glad that Anna was able to fix your problems! I do apologize that you booked a Expedia mystery hotel rate and that you didn't know what room you were going to. However, keep in mind, whenever you book on-line, we the hotel do not have any control over what you have booked. Please note that when you are booking reservations on-line, you are normally booking a 2 double standard room. If you would have booked ahead with the property direct we would have been to accomodate you into the 2 queen bed rooms with no hesitations! I do not seem to understand what was bad about the the room with the 2 queen beds that you stated?? I am sorry that you had to move all of your stuff to the building of where our upgraded rooms are, I deeply apologize for that. I seem to be totally confused of why you state that there was a paper bag over the shower. We have not recently, nor in the past have ever had paper bags over our showers. So again, I apologize for your having to move. But I am glad to see you say that it was good after that! Although you state that you will NOT be staying here again, we hope that you will give us another chance by boooking with us directly in the future and hopefully we can meet ALL of your standards and expectations!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alamosa
Comfort Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa
Best Western Movie Manor
Best Western Movie Manor
#1 of 4 in Monte Vista

Been to Best Western Alamosa Inn? Share your experiences!