“Excellent for a Best Western that is not a Plus. ”

Best Western Alamosa Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Napa Valley, California
“Excellent for a Best Western that is not a Plus. ”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We always look for a Plus level but none was available. This is an older motel but they have done an excellent job of trying to keep it updated. We were surprised at the condition of the whole place. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara A
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello Barbara A! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business!! I would like to apologize that we do not have a BEST WESTERN PLUS in our area :(. Yes, our motel is just a little bit older, but thank you so much for recognizing that we have indeed done an excellent job of trying to keep it updated!! :) We will do whatever it takes to keep our guests coming back!! :) I am glad that you seemed to be satisfied with the condition of the whole place!! Thank you so much for stating that you would definitely recommend this hotel, that really means a lot to us!! :) We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567, or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com. Again, thank you for your business, and for your review on trip advisor!! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mountain Top, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I would definitely stay here again The hotel was busy but we did not hear any other guests. The breakfast was good and everything was kept full and fresh. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Mary H
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Mary H! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! :) I am very pleased to see you state that you would definitely stay here again!! :) I am so glad that you were not disturbed by any of the other hotel guests! Thank you so much for recognizing that our breakfast is indeed good, and is kept full and fresh!! I am very pleased that my staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, to us, our customers come first, so I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to them!! :) We look forward to seeing you in the future, so that we may once again have the opportunity to meet your standards and expectations! If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns...please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or you could e-mail us at bwalamosainn@gmail.com.. Again, thank you for your review on trip advisor!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a pretrip, to check the arrangements for a group of friends coming to stay at the hotel in July for the Rio Grande concert train and golf. We were very pleased with room 120, it was very clean, felt spacious and had a great bed. The grounds are exceptional and Anna and the staff were helpful in assisting with our arrangements for our July return. Would definitely recommend this property and look forward to our coming visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in back seem quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Essie47
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hello Essie47! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business!! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! :) I am very pleased that you found your room to be very clean, I am glad it was spacious enough for you, and I am also glad that you had a great bed!! :) Thank you for recognizing that our grounds are indeed exceptional!! :) I am pleased to hear that my staff, (Anna) was helpful in assisting you with your arrangements for your return in July. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to her!! :) I am also so pleased to see you state that you would definitely recommend this property, and we are also looking forward to your future stay with us as well!!! Again, thank you and we will see you soon!!! :)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Standard drive up motel, but kept very clean. Room was spacious and small green park in central area was perfect for family picnic and dog. Breakfast was very good and staff friendly and helpful. Stayed here on vacation to the Sand Dunes- would definitely do it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank David M
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hello David M! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means a lot to us!! :) Thank you for recognizing that our standard drive up motel is INDEED kept very clean!! I am glad that you found the room to be spacious, and I am also glad that you and your family got to enjoy a picnic in our courtyard area!! :) Thank you for stating that the breakfast was very good, and I am very pleased that you found my staff to be friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to them!! :) I am also very pleased that you stated that you would definitely do it again!! We are looking forward to seeing you in the future, so that we may once again have the opportunity to meet your standards and expectations!!!
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was an excellent value for the price. Best priced Best Western Motel I've ever stayed at.The room was very spacious, very clean and very comfortable. Staff was very courteous. Enjoyed the stay here very much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike9922
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hello mike9922! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! I am glad that you found our hotel to be the best priced "BEST WESTERN" you have ever stayed at! Thank you so much for recognizing that our rooms are indeed very spacious, very clean, and very comfortable!! :) I am happy to hear that my staff was very courteous, I will be sure to pass your kind comment on to them! I am also very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us very much!! We are looking to seeing you in the future, so that we may once again have the opportunity to meet your standards and expectations!!
Tucson
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Fantastic place with plug-ins for at least 10 diesels. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Best Best Western I have stayed at in years. What a find! While you're here, go to the San Louis Valley Brewery for a good meal and some great beer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Bartlett M
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello Bartlett M! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that really means alot to us!! :) Yes, we do have a fantastic set up here for our guests driving diesels and other big trucks! I am glad that you found my front desk staff to be extremely friendly and helpful! Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction!! So, I will be sure to pass your nice comments on to them! WOW!! I am so pleased to see that you stated that this is the best, "BEST WESTERN" you have stayed at in years!!! :) And, I do agree with you, the San Luis Valley Brewing Company is a GREAT choice for restaurants in our area!! :) We are looking forward to seeing you in the future!!!
NYC, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

flew in from NYC into Denver and drove to Alamosa; spent one night to then drive to Durango... Alamosa is very basic and Best Western is your best option although very basic took the time the following day to go see the Great Sand Dune National park (beautiful!) didn't have b'fast at the hotel, went to the Safeways and had a Starbucks b'fast the hotel is clean and practical

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Laura F
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Hello Laura F! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for choosing us as your place to stay, and also thank you so much for stating that we, the BEST WESTERN, is the best option!!!! Yes, I do agree with you that Alamosa is basic, but Alamosa also has alot of other entertainment, such as...The Alligator Farm, Zapata Falls, The Cumbres & Toltec Railroad, The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad, and of course as you mentioned The Great Sand Dunes National Park! And yes, it is very beautiful, it is one of Alamosa's biggest attractions!! I would like to apologize that you did not get to take advantage of our full hot breakfast buffet that we provide for our guests. :( Next time you are in the town we hope that you will stay with us again and that you will take advantage of it, it is DELICIOUS! Thank you for recognizing that our hotel is INDEED clean and practical!! :) We look forward to seeing you in the future!!!