“A convenient and great place.”

Best Western Alamosa Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Scottsdale, AZ
“A convenient and great place.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Alamosa was the last our last stop in Colorado. We spent a night here in our way to Taos, NM. The room was very clean, very well kept, spacious and the bed was comfortable. It has a great spa and great laundry facility. We were greeted by a friendly and cheerful front desk receptionist. That was the beginning of a great stay.

The WIFI is weak and we had difficulties staying connected. The place a bit noisy specially early in the morning when the motorcyclist are ready to depart.

A Continental Breakfast is provided and it is augmented with freshly made waffles, scramble eggs, and a breakfast meat; sausage was the meat provided the morning we were there.

The room rates are reasonable. We will consider staying here next time we visit Alamosa.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MMasumoto
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello MMasumoto! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for recognizing that our rooms are indeed very clean, very well kept, spacious, and that our beds are comfortable!! :) Thank you for noticing our great spa (we also have a great indoor pool as well) and our guest laundry facility! I am very pleased that you were greeted by my friendly and cheerful front desk receptionist, I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to my team! I am glad it was the beginning of a great stay for you! I do apologize that you state the wi fi was weak and that you had difficulties staying connected. We wished you would have brought it to our attention, so we could have been able to trouble shoot for you. I would also like to apologize about it being noisy in the morning when the motorcyclist are getting ready to depart :( Yes, we do provide a full hot breakfast, and it is indeed augmented, we love to see our guests leaving full and satisfied, because breakfast is the most important meal of the day!! :) Thank you for noticing that our rates are reasonable and thank you for stating that you would consider staying here next time you visit Alamosa, that really means a lot to us!! :) Again, thank you so much for your business, and for your review on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com..:)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had a room with a single king bed. It was spacious and well furnished, although the decor was a bit spartan. I appreciate that they have soap and shampoo dispensers, instead of the little bottles that end up half-used in the trash. I wish they had in-room recycling like the hotel I was at in Denver.
The wifi connection had a couple of hiccups.
The breakfast was standard, but I enjoyed the outdoor eating area. The morning was cool and perfect for eating outside.
The only serious down-side was that the walls are a bit thin. I was woken up by a Harley starting out in the parking lot and a conversation on the walkway outside, which was a bummer, because other than that, this was the best sleep I've had in a week of being on the road. I attribute that to the wonderful hot tub.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Canyon_cat-herder! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! I am glad you found your room to be spacious and well furnished! :) I am sorry that you felt the decor was a bit spartan, our maintenance department tries to go above and beyond to try to make our hotel looking as nice as possible! Yes, we do have soap & shampoo dispensers in our rooms, because we do that for the Go Green Eco Friendly Environment reason! I do apologize that we do not have in room recycling like the hotel you stayed at in Denver, and I would also like to apologize of the wi- fi connection having a couple of hiccups. We really wished you would have contacted the front desk to let us know of the issue, so that we would of had the opportunity to solve the issue for you. Yes, our breakfast is the standard, full hot breakfast, and I am glad that you enjoyed our outdoor eating area! So many of our guests really enjoy it as well! :) I do apologize that you felt that the walls were a bit thin, and I am also very sorry that you were woken up by a Harley starting out in our parking lot, and by a conversation on the walkway outside. :( I would like to inform you, that we do have a 24 hour front desk staff, and we also wished you would have brought that to our attention as well, and we would of kindly and respectfully asked those other guests to quiet down. I am very pleased that this was the best sleep you've had in a week of being on the road!! :) Thank you so much for stating that you attribute to our wonderful hot tub, we really appreciate that! :) Again, thank you so much for your business, and for your review on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com..:)
Westminster, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were overall very pleased with our visit and accommodations. The room was clean, comfortable, and attractive. We all especially enjoyed the use of the beautiful pool. We took our family dogs and they enjoyed the stay as well. They were welcomed and had a designated nearby area for their activity. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello Sally C! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! I am very pleased that you were overall pleased with your visit and accommodations!! :) Thank you so much for recognizing that our rooms are indeed clean, comfortable, and attractive!! :) I am so glad that you all enjoyed the use of our beautiful pool!! :) I am also glad your dogs enjoyed their stay as well, they are always welcome! Thank you for stating that my staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, my team and I try to go above and beyond to make sure each and every one of our guests is 100% satisfied with their stay here! :) I will be sure to pass you kind comments on to them! Again, thank you so much for your business, and for your review on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com..:)
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a older motel but it has been upgraded in several areas such as front windows and carpet. It has a swimming pool and hot tub. The office area is newer and ample room for the breakfast area. The breakfast is typical but good. Plenty of parking and several fast food restaurants close. There is a local brewery nearby (good beer). Many Mexican (and other kinds) of restaurants. I would rate the motel at 3.75 of 5.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello DUANE F! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Yes, this hotel is a little bit older, and thank you for recognizing that it has indeed been upgraded in several areas, such as, front windows and carpet! We strive to do our best at upgrading any departments in our hotel when needed! :) Yes, we do have a swimming pool and hot tub for all of our guests to enjoy & relax! :) Thank you for noticing that our office area is newer and is indeed ample in our breakfast area! :) Yes, our breakfast is typical (full hot breakfast) and I am glad you enjoyed it! We do have plenty of several fast food restaurants close by, so thank you for noticing that as well! The local brewery nearby is called the San Luis Valley Brewing Company and yes I agree with you it is good, it is highly recommended in our area! I am not sure as to why you would rate us 3.75 out of 5, but if there was something that you were unsatisfied with, we really wished you would have brought it to our attention, so that we may have had the opportunity to fix the problem. Again, thank you so much for your business, and for your review on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com..:)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We reserved a hotel room four months in advance. We were supposed to pay $90 a night, but when we got there they had lost our reservations. Our friends who made a reservation at the same time ended up with a room. We were upset because we were supposed to have rooms right next to each other. We were ready to go to a different hotel/motel but Bina (the general manager) told us she could "fix" it and gave us a room. We were very happy until we checked out, and they charged us $130 a night!!! We told them we thought we were only paying $90 a night, and they told us we had to call Bina to change it. Well, we called her, and after talking to her (I might as well have been talking to a wall) she wouldn't even CONSIDER changing the price to what we had originally reserved it for. So, we ended up paying $80 more than our friends, and felt like we had been completely deceived. We could have stayed almost anywhere in Alamosa for that price. Beware! They will try to rip you off if they can.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hello Eryn K! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! First of all, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your standards and expectations :( I seem to be a little bit confused on how you would state that we lost your reservations. As you checked in, you stated you had 2 rooms, but you only had 1 confirmation number. I also seem to be confused on how you state that you were upset because you requested to have 2 rooms next to each other, but you somehow say they were not, when my folios show that your party was in room #'s 116 & 117 and those rooms are definitely right next door to each other here at this property. I would like to inform you that the reason your friends got the rate they did, was because they did book in advance and had a valid confirmation number. However, I would like to deeply apologize that you had to pay the $130 a night, but the night that you checked in was a peak night, and peak nights means that is one of our busiest nights, I am sorry that you felt completely deceived, but if you would have been able to provide me with the second confirmation number I would of been more than happy to honor the same $90 rate as your friends. I do, however, disagree with you when you state that we would rip anyone off if we can, that is not, nor never was, meant to be our intensions, so I do apologize that you did not have a 2nd confirmation number nor did not call us to confirm your reservations. We hope that you would give us a 2nd chance in the future and hopefully we can exceed all of your standards and expectations. Again, thank you so much for your business and for your review on trip advisor, and if you ever have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com...:)
Elko, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Traveling on motorcycles, this was a great stop for the night. Did not have reservations, but the check-in staff were most helpful to get us an easy access room far from the bus load of kids also booked there. Room was western/new mexico styling, had a great sleep on clean beds. Breakfast was simple and fair.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello David B! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for stating that our property was a great place to stop for the night! :) I am very pleased that my check -inn staff was most helpful to get you and easy access room far from the bus load of kids that were also booked with us here! Yes, our rooms are kind of western/New Mexico styling, and I am glad that you had a great night sleep! :) Thank you for recognizing that our beds are indeed clean, and that our breakfast was simple and fair, many of our guests enjoy it as well! Again, thank you so much for your business, and for your review on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com..:)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Best Western was clean, comfortable and well situated. They have a little park/picnic area that was great for our group to use. We (20 of us) had our dinner and drinks out there on a Saturday night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Essie47! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for recognizing that our BW property is indeed clean, comfortable, and well situated!! :) Yes, many of our guests also enjoy our little park/picnic area as well, & I am glad it was great to use for you and your group! :) I am very pleased that all (20) of you enjoyed dinner & drinks here on a Saturday night! We invite you to stay with us any night of the week to always enjoy all of our hotel amenities! Again, thank you so much for your business, and for your review on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you should have any other questions, comments, or concerns... please feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (719) 589-2567 or you could also e-mail us at anytime at bwalamosainn@gmail.com..:)