Lane Guest Ranch
Free cancellation until 27/05
US$144
US$138
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$177
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

US$255
US$242
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$87
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$278
Orbitz.com
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$165
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$149
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Columbine Inn(Estes Park)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$97
US$88
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$342
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhite water raftingjewelry makingkids camphorseback ridesall agesbreathtaking viewscooking classfamily reunionhot tubof rocky mountain national parkactivities includeovernight tripboxed winebend over backwardsprime ribwhite cheesefishing
Reviewed 26 January 2011

First stayed by myself in summer of '09, stayed in cabin #7, nice clean cabin, private hot tub right out back door. Rooms are nice, but keep in mind this is a ranch, not a suite @ the Ritz. bed was very comfortable, nice Tv, not that it's really needed. The people are out of this world, wait staff excellent, bartender outstanding (Aaron) Wranglers, go way out of their way. Clark (tour guide), on off day took me and another guest for a private trip through RMNP, once in a life time event, had lunch by a mt. stream. Paul (manager) also went out of his way to make you feel 2 home. because I was traveling by myself, he took me into Estes Park one day, toured the Stanley Hotel (The Shining) another unforgetable day. I liked it so much my wife found time to go Aug. of '10. She loved it as much as I did, food excellent. the quality is 5 star, service OUTSTANDING, EVERY DAY, EVERY TIME. She did wine and cheese, perfect pictures.
Have already booked week in June of this year for wife and I.
My wife and I do not have children and travel a fair amount, this is hands down one of the best weeks of our lives. To give you an idea of our tastes, we have stayed @ Grand Lido in Jamica, over 20 times, Frenchman's reef in St. Thomas, vacation in Bald Head Island, N.C., Captiva, Naples, Marco Island FL. If you like excellent service, where people call you by first name, but are not pushy, clear blue skies, breath taking views, this is the place. Life is good!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank John60133
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This is not the first ranch we have been to, but it's the best one. Unlike some ranches, there is way more to do here than just ride. There are so many activities to choose from. We went on the photography hike and it was great. The hikes into Rocky Mountain National Park are excellent too. The horseback riding is fun and there are rides set up for any skill level from pathetic (me) to advanced (my wife.) There are art-related classes, evening entertainment some nights (karaoke night is a blast) and morning and afternoon fishing, too. The surrounding scenery is beautiful and it's an easy ride to Estes Park for shopping.

The facilities are very nice-- there's a pool, communal hot tub and sauna; many cabins have their own hot tub, there are hammocks, etc. The lodge/dining room is pleasant, with porches to sit on and dine in as well. And the food is really good-- much more sophisticated than the average ranch and with a great deal of variety. The chef is very inspired and his dishes, like the homemade granola, the duck breast, and the
many soups he makes, are delicious.

Best of all, the staff is the nicest bunch of people you will ever meet. They range from college kids to grizzled veterans over the age of 70. but they all have one thing in common-- they want to make sure you have a great vacation. And you will, whether you are a couple by yourselves, a family or a big group... this is a terrific place to go for a Western adventure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dx2etc
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I travelled with 2 girlfriends to LGR last summer. One of my girlfriends had posted a review, but I think she was a bit too crass so it was removed probably for that.
Anyway, back to the review. We met there for our yearly get together. We mainly went for the horsebackriding which was absolutely fantastic! Ashley, the head wrangler, was superb!! She really knew her stuff and made each ride memorable!! She took us of some of the beat and paths to show us scenary second to none. How fun was the shopping ride!!! I loved the care she insisted the horses get too. Can't say enough about her. Stephanie (blond short haired Stephanie, can't remember last name) was a hoot! She also knew her horse stuff, but I can't remember when I laughed so hard!
The food was awesome!! The kitchen and wait staff were great too! No complaints here!
Now the negative, and that came in the form of 2 people, but one in particular. The fishing guide Mark and the bartender Aaron. Now I can't complain too much about Aaaron. For the most part he was a gentleman, but when he got around Mark and had a couple drinks, he could become a bit obnoxious, but never what I could call out of line. Mark, on the other hand, was a different story. In the bar in the evenings, he could pound the drinks down with the best of them, but he is an employee and would definitely cross the lines on several occasions. He acted like this was his own personal frat party (did I mention he was in his 40's?) and as my friend had indicated in her review, had hit on all 3 of us. We were warned by many of the female staff members to watch ourselves. They said with each new week they would take bets to see how long it would take Mark to hit on femaled guests. Also, he did brag about his "conquests" to us, which was definitely more than what I wanted to know!
My girlfriends and I did talk about returning in 2010, but upon learning Mark was going to be there, we changed our minds. We love everything except for that and unfortunatley, we were quite uncomfortable with Mark there.
It is so sad when 1 person can affect a vacation so much. I hope fishing guides are easy to replace as I feel this is something management definitely should consider.
I would definitely recommend this ranch to my friends (and another trip for me!), if not for the fishing guide, Mark.
Thank you for taking time to read my long review.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
15  Thank amyhNewYork
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We booked this trip solely based on what we read online -- and were glad we did! The setting was beautiful, the staff went out of their way to provide personal service and accommodate everyone's needs, there was plenty to do, and the food was fabulous. The rooms are basic,and a bit dated, but it is a ranch after all, and you soon find that you won't spend much time in your room anyway. The bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean, so we were good! Temperatures in June reached the low 70's in the day. If you want to feel like you've truly gotten away from everything and had the opportunity to be active, this is a great vacation for couples for a family reunion, and for families. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lzmOverlandPark_KS
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We have just returned from spending time a Lanes and what a fantastic time we had! The food, cooked by Michael was fabulous, Aaron on the bar was wonderful, Melissa, Tom, Linda, Clark, Paul and Corey and everyone else at the lodge were brilliant and so friendly. The Wranglers deserve a special mention, Ashley, Kate, Kate and Dave who really worked hard on making the horses the happiest and healthiest around. We could not have wanted for more, other than an extra week there! The whole holiday was relaxing, adventurous and rewarding. The rooms were comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping at all. The hot tub was great and I would recommend anyone staying to book a cabin with a hot tub - very useful after half a day riding!! The evenings were fun with lots of laughter especially the Lanes famous Kareoke night!!! The ranch is high altitude but we didnt suffer particularly from it, as long as you drink lots of water. It was definately one of the most relaxing, fun, enjoyable and adventurous holidays we have ever had and in such stunning scenery too!! We will definately be going back as we still have so much left to do that we didnt get time for. The ranch caters for everyone, couples, families, groups but please remember you are not staying in a luxurious hotel you are staying on a ranch!!! The activities include Horse riding (obviously), hiking, fishing, jewelery making (and you get to keep your creations!), photo hike and instruction (what a great place to learn), drawing and I could go on and on.....

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple