“Perfect secluded spot to unwind”

Review of Rock Creek Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

Ellen G
“Perfect secluded spot to unwind”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I don't know why this cottage isn't booked more of the time. It was the perfect place to get away from the crowds in Estes Park after a day of hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. The cottage is immaculate, superbly decorated with rustic furniture and it has all the amenities anyone could want. The only thing that kept us from rating this 5 stars is that the shower was difficult to use. The water stream was too light to take a quick, efficient shower.
Being right next to a stream was soothing. Sitting on the porch every morning with our coffee, looking at the scenery, birds and squirrels, was the perfect way to start the day.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The secluded location
Liked least: Shower
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
11 Aug 2014
Thank you for your nice comments on FlipKey and in the guest book at the cabin. We do get a lot of bookings for this cabin. It's very popular.

The shower head gets sand in it from time to time and slows down the flow. Had I known, we could have fixed that problem right away.

Again, thank you.

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Management Response
3 Sep 2013
Thanks so much for your great comments!

Sandy Nelson

Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Christine...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“We left after 2 nights but paid for a week; phone call not returned”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

The cottage itself is cute and has cute decor, but it is cramped, not very clean, the floor is covered in soot, and the water is apparently not potable. When I booked, I specifically informed the booking agent that we were traveling with our 7 month old baby, and she assured me the cottage would be plenty comfortable for us and our baby. We were miserable the two nights we stayed. The cabin was heated by floor space heaters which would burn our baby, so we either had to hold him or trap him in his play yard the entire time. When we turned off the heaters and let them cool off so that he could crawl around a little, his hands, knees, arms and feet were covered in dirt and soot (presumably from fires in the wood fireplace). The water was not potable, which was not disclosed in advance of booking and you would only know from reading an indirect statement in the little book on the counter, which directed us to use the bottled water for drinking and cooking. Obviously, that's not convenient or acceptable for washing bottles or nipples for a baby! The pictures somehow make it appear roomier than it actually is - I think the living area of the cottage is actually more cluttered than in the picture, and there are cabins very close to this one. The "morning room" with a day bed and dinette is the most open, non-cramped space, but you would not sleep there when it would be cold overnight (as it was during our stay), because it is very cold and drafty and there was no heater in that room. Plumbing appears to have been done by an amateur - the shower was small, with a cheap shower curtain that was retrofitted to some exposed pvc pipes, and the hot and cold water faucets in the kitchen were reversed. The shower curtain had a large obvious hole (come on, you can't replace a cheap shower curtain??), which perhaps was made by the mouse they were trying to catch with the mousetrap that sat right behind the hole in the shower curtain. The bathroom was cute but very cramped, particularly with the plug-in heater (warm to hot to the touch) in there to warm it. The small bed in the "master bedroom" was uncomfortable because the bedroom was very small, and the plug-in radiator type heater right next to the bed posed a burn hazard, particularly where 2 people are already cramped in a small bed. This cottage may be acceptable for single people or a childless couple who wished only to hike (and even then it would have been overpriced), but for the agent to completely misrepresent to me that the place was acceptable and comfortable for a baby, while not disclosing that the water wasn't potable, the heat came from floor heaters which would burn a baby, the floors were sooty, and the cottage was dusty, makes me question the honesty of the owner and agent. My opinion was further confirmed by the fact that I called after we left early to inform the owner we found the place unacceptable for us and I asked for a return call, and, like another reviewer here, my call was never returned. We pre-paid for a full week but stayed 2 nights and, because the key lock box did not work (or there was some trick to it my husband and I could not figure out), I mailed the key back early from Estes Park. Still no contact from Pinebrook Vacation Rentals until they mailed back my cost deposit (over 2 weeks later) with a form letter pretending like they had neither received my telephone call nor received the key back before we were to have vacated the cottage, as though pretending they were completely unaware we had left early because we were uncomfortable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The nearby stream was nice
Liked least: Cramped, unacceptable for small children, non-potable water
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tx
Reviewed 12 January 2012 for a stay in August 2011

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing