“Great Mountain Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alma
Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Alma B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2009

I would recommend the Mountain Comfort B&B to anyone looking for a great mountain escape. It's convenient access to major ski resorts, great snowshoeing / hiking trails, and other mountain fun makes it easy to get away for the weekend. The breakfasts were fabulous and the Inn Keepers were incredibly friendly. Whether you simply want an easy way to hit the slopes or hiking trails, or are looking to relax and sit by the fire, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2009

We had a wonderful getaway in Fairplay, CO, at this B&B. The owners are the most hospitable hosts I have encountered in a B&B. Our room had an amazing view of the mountains, with a fireplace, flat screen TV, and jacuzzi tub. Last, the breakfasts and late night snacks were amazing and filling. I highly recommend this B&B for a getaway, whether it be a romantic getaway, time with friends or family, or even a small wedding. We will be going back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2009

My husband and I haven't been able to take a trip by ourselves in a few years. We needed to get away and just enjoy life a little bit. Staying at the Mountain Comfort Inn was amazing. We felt very comfortable and very relaxed. We will deifinetly be coming back to Alma. Ernie and Sandy are outstanding Inn Keepers. The food was wonderful and the view is breathtaking.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2008

Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast is among the best lodges you'll find in Colorado. Nestled quietly between Fairplay and Alma, Colorado, Mountain Comfort is conveniently located just off of the highway and offers easy access to some of the state's best skiing, rafting and anything else you can imagine doing in the outdoors.

I was impressed the moment we stepped out of our car. The view outside the lodge was absolutely breathtaking. I guess it helps when you're surrounded by 5 of Colorado's tallest peaks!

Once inside the lodge, we found everything to be in pristine condition and very clean while still feeling warm and cozy. Sandy and Ernie welcomed me and my friends as if we were family and we all felt comfortable and welcome the entire time.

I highly recommend Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast for anyone wanting a taste of mountain living. We've already made our reservations for a trip back in January for some high country skiing!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We are another couple who watched as this wonderful B and B was being built. We are long time skiers, who have no real desire to pay the high cost for low quality accommodations in Breckenridge itself. We took the tour soon after they opened and booked our first weekend for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. We discovered our new “family” in the awesome care of Ernie and Sandy. They have a “frequent lodger” card that we soon filled (for a free night), and now we have started working on the next one. Mountain Comfort is a great place for anyone – any time of year. We’ve stayed in a lot of B and B’s. This is by far the best. It’s our home away from home – in the mountains, close to our favorite ski and mountain biking areas..

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wgm4biz
Reviewed 15 May 2008

We watched the Mountain Comfort being built on our travels up and down Hwy 9 through Alma and when we finally stayed there we were sorry to took so long to find out what a neat, comfortable, clean and friendly place it was. Sandy and Ernie Dumas bring a level of hospitality and great food that Park County (or, for that matter, Breckenridge) can really use. There's easy access to Breckenridge for skiing and night life, but access to some of the best and most interesting hiking and old mining sites is right across Hwy 9 in Buckskin and Mosquito gulches in the summer. Wonderful, comfortable guest rooms and a great room with a view seldom matched in the Rockies.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whisky6
Reviewed 14 April 2008

First let me say, that I can not take credit for finding this amazing bit of Paradise. My brother Larry and his wife Margie are to get all the credit. The pictures he showed me on line do no justice as to how magnificent this place really is. When we first arrived the home owner Ernie was there to greet us at the door. Once inside my mouth remained open and I felt my throat tighten as he gave us the grand tour of “Mountain comfort “. Each room was just as beautiful as the next. My brother worked real hard in finding the most perfect Bed and Breakfast Colorado had to offer and he certainly succeeded in finding one. As we strolled through their Log Cabin Ernie explained that Sandy was busy upstairs making home made Banana nut bread and would be down shortly. You have to know that each and every room is perfectly decorated to the Theme. We ourselves had the Pine room; every bit of décor is done beautifully. Ernie gave full credit to his wife in how she coordinated the tiniest detail to the Pine Theme along with every other Theme in their home. My brother and his family stayed in the Wolf room and even the bathroom shower curtains went with the Wolf Theme it was just amazing to see how long and hard Sandy worked at transforming every single room in their home. They had a Moose room that I will say was my favorite because of how much sunlight came into the room; there are 7 bedrooms in all. They ranged from the Bear room, the Log cabin and the Wilderness and one that I apologize I can not recall the name. You will not go wrong in any of these rooms. Every one of them will offer you all the amenities you could ask for. There are 3 floors to this Log Cabin and when I say Log Cabin I mean this is the Real McCoy! It had been a dream of mine to always stay in one, but never in all my dreams did I imagine that our stay could be as wonderful as it was. The entire Cabin is truly some thing out of Architectural Digest Magazine. The top floor is the place to retire with its 70 inch screen TV with a DVD player, a nice long leather couch with a recliner or for the more energetic vacationers a nice new exercise bike to start or end your day. When Sandy entered the room to meet up with us it was easy to see why this Bed and Breakfast was so fantastic. Ernie and Sandy are the most incredible hosts you could ask for. We all felt like we had become part of their family. From baking us the Banana nut bread to the delicious home made cake to hot chocolate, hot apple cider board games galore they made us feel completely welcome into their home. I will tell you that my friend Lynn and I live in Long Island NY and we are no strangers to Bed And Breakfast resorts. Over the last 10 years we have stayed in quite a few of them through out NJ and New Hope Pennsylvania and they are widely known for there large number of different B & B you can choose from, and I for one am extremely particular about where we stay. Well folks Ernie and Sandy earn the 5 Stars for their Mountain Comfort B & B…The morning we left after an incredibly delicious breakfast that was to Die for, we said our good byes and was once again moved to tears as they embraced us as if they had known us forever. Colorado is without a doubt a Gorgeous State to visit but one can not leave their vacation until they experience the hospitality and beauty that the “Mountain Comfort has to offer, no visit could possibly be complete without experiencing at least one night at this resort. We will cherish our memories for the rest of our lives!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank ARLYNNS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
A Riverside Inn Hotel
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
Frisco Lodge
Frisco Lodge
#1 of 2 in Frisco

Been to Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!