“Great burgers at 10,000 feet”
Review of South Park Saloon

South Park Saloon
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It's great to find a good place to eat at the end of a long day in the mountains. We have driven through Alma dozens of times and never stopped to eat. I'm glad we did this time. The South Park Saloon doesn't look like much from the road, but when you walk in the door, it's a warm, inviting bar/restaurant in the Colorado mountain town fashion. The burgers we had were great, generous, fresh and well-prepared. Service was fast and friendly.

2  Thank Canyonpainter

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stopped while on a tour and had a variety of sandwiches. All good, good service, and a nice place to stop. Bar conversation with local news and some interesting posters on the walls. Would recommend this for a good lunch while touring Colorado. Try the BBQ.

2  Thank Buck M
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was by far the worst dining experience I have had in years. First off, the service was terrible. It took over an hour to get our food and once they finally brought it out, every single order was wrong in some capacity. Not only were the orders slow and wrong, but they charged us extra for 'correcting' the order (i.e. forgot the side of fries on one order - charged $5 to add;, forget a side of mayo - we were charged at least 6 different $.75 'adds', forgot Bacon on the burger, but we were charged). Unfortunately we didn't realize this until after we had already paid, so basically they tricked us into paying at least $10 more what the bill should have been through these [--] "add-ons". We just wanted to get out of there ASAP so whatever.

The fact that the food was slow, wrong and expensive wasn't the worst part. There was one particular employee/waiter/possibly a manager who was extremely unprofessional and rude to us from the get go. He started out with an attitude and progressively got worse as time went on (pretty sure when we asked for our orders to be corrected is what set him over the edge). After this point, he was slamming our drinks down, talking crap about us to other patrons, pointing at us from other tables, and so on. It was embarrassing and completely out of line. If I owned this place, I would have fired him on spot. If he is the owner, I'm pretty sure he'll run himself out of business.

Don't waste your time or money.

1  Thank Periwinkle77
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We just accidentally stopped in Alma for lunch. What a great surprise we received when we ordered our food. We had great hamburgers and when I say great I mean great. I also had the fries. These were no frozen fries, they were freshly made. The wait staff was wonderful and greeted us right away. I will go back again for sure when we pass through. Loved this place and have no problem recommending them.

2  Thank Evie D
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Alma is a nice little place to stretch your legs between Fairplay and Breckenridge but unless you're really wanting to reminisce about all those great times on East Colfax, I'd pass on this place. I'm not kidding, we entered 'after work' and it was packed with locals and the beers of choice were Coors and Bud. In fairness, they do have three Colorado beers but let that sink in for a moment. They have three craft beers but mostly Coors and Bud. Just know what you're in for.

2  Thank Alan C