“Good Service”

South Park Saloon
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

It was a rainy night with good hamburgers and fries. The place was busy for a Labor Day weekend. The service was good. We hung out played some cards. It was fun. Thank you. Rita Bennett and Steve Nordstrom from Westminster Colorado.

1  Thank ilovetotravvel2
There are newer reviews for South Park Saloon

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I'm really sad to give Southpark Saloon a poor review. My husband and I have visited several times and always have had decent service, average saloon food but we love supporting the local businesses and its close to our cabin. After today though we will not be back due to the horrible manager. I ordered a burger/medium. My husbands burger was also ordered medium and came out as he ordered. Mine on the other hand was well well done, actually had a burnt flavor and was super dry. I usually don't sent my food back but this was seriously not even well done but even more so. After telling my waiter he came back and said the manager would take half off. I let him know, in a nice way, I wasn't going to eat it so if they couldn't make me a new one to take it off the bill. He came back and said they would make me a new one. Not more than 2 minutes later the manager came by and said "are you the one who ordered the burger medium"? I said yes, he then proceeded to walk away as he rolled his eyes and said "we'll that burger was just about medium" in an extremely passive aggressive way. HE IS THE MANAGER, I am the paying customer?! Very rude and unacceptable way to treat a paying customer. The second burger came out medium and again average saloon food but we won't be back which is sad because I do love supporting the locals. Our waiter however was very friendly, too bad for awful management. Oh, and we also saw the manager carrying food and drinks under his arms, a straw touching his armpit once. If you like average bar food, and don't mind eating food that isn't to your order (or risk being treated like crap from the management) then you might enjoy. (My husband wanted me to add they do lack in beer selection). And to top it off,it is my birthday today!

1  Thank Cakes2772
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It's great to find a good place to eat at the end of a long day in the mountains. We have driven through Alma dozens of times and never stopped to eat. I'm glad we did this time. The South Park Saloon doesn't look like much from the road, but when you walk in the door, it's a warm, inviting bar/restaurant in the Colorado mountain town fashion. The burgers we had were great, generous, fresh and well-prepared. Service was fast and friendly.

2  Thank Canyonpainter
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stopped while on a tour and had a variety of sandwiches. All good, good service, and a nice place to stop. Bar conversation with local news and some interesting posters on the walls. Would recommend this for a good lunch while touring Colorado. Try the BBQ.

2  Thank Buck M
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was by far the worst dining experience I have had in years. First off, the service was terrible. It took over an hour to get our food and once they finally brought it out, every single order was wrong in some capacity. Not only were the orders slow and wrong, but they charged us extra for 'correcting' the order (i.e. forgot the side of fries on one order - charged $5 to add;, forget a side of mayo - we were charged at least 6 different $.75 'adds', forgot Bacon on the burger, but we were charged). Unfortunately we didn't realize this until after we had already paid, so basically they tricked us into paying at least $10 more what the bill should have been through these [--] "add-ons". We just wanted to get out of there ASAP so whatever.

The fact that the food was slow, wrong and expensive wasn't the worst part. There was one particular employee/waiter/possibly a manager who was extremely unprofessional and rude to us from the get go. He started out with an attitude and progressively got worse as time went on (pretty sure when we asked for our orders to be corrected is what set him over the edge). After this point, he was slamming our drinks down, talking crap about us to other patrons, pointing at us from other tables, and so on. It was embarrassing and completely out of line. If I owned this place, I would have fired him on spot. If he is the owner, I'm pretty sure he'll run himself out of business.

Don't waste your time or money.

1  Thank Periwinkle77