“Fantastic pizza and great service!”
Review of South Park Saloon

South Park Saloon
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in Fairplay and because it was Monday our historic hotel restaurant was closed, so we journeyed the 6 short miles up the hill to eat at this place, based on our hotel owner's recommendation. Our drinks were perfect, the service was great, and my husband and I were both really surprised at just how good the pizza was! We also had wings cooked well-done the way we asked and they were perfect. He also had a dessert-- the warm brownie sundae--which I tasted and it was delicious! I agree that the prices were a bit high be we notice that fairly often in the isolated mountain towns. We will return again next time we are in the area--and bring some family too! We like how it has just enough of a bar vibe but booths and tables appropriate for family.

1  Thank Heather H
There are newer reviews for South Park Saloon

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stopped in after skiing Breck one afternoon with a friend. We sat at the bar and had a fun time over beers and nachos. Bartender/chef was friendly and provided excellent service. Nachos were the best we'd ever had. Definitely on the list to stop here again after skiing!

1  Thank Kudro64
Reviewed 24 February 2014

stopped for Breakfast on way up to Copper Mtn skiing Sunday am. Really good Breakfast, great coffee and wonderful friendly service. Love to support locals, and this place is deserving. Will stop again. (Also alot of homemade soups and stew;s for lunch, so will try next time.) Hard to rate a 5 star unless amazing in my book, but 4 plus stars for the Saloon! Yay!

1  Thank Mountaineer85
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped by one night while visiting the area to ski. Friendly staff, and clearly a local watering hole. Had the pizza which was fantastic, albeit a bit pricey. I look forward to visiting again soon.

Not a lot to choose from, but a local said it was all good. I saw several families with kids, so it's safe. I'm told AOB is the spot to not take kids. Didn't go in so I can't confirm.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying in the area and wanted to get a bite to eat. We went to the SPS on a Friday night - which was quite busy for the small town.

4.5 STAR SERVICE RATING: One of the locals had put in a personal request with the Cook for some comfort food (that was not on the menu) for my boyfriend and he happily complied - and it looked like a good meal. Our waitress was also very friendly and helpful.

3 STAR FOOD RATING: My chicken sandwich was pretty good but the fries were limp and greasy. I also asked for coleslaw - which I was told was mayo based but it was actually vinegar based (the flavor was good and it looked like it was homemade but I can't have vinegar/acidic foods and I specifically asked because of my restrictions).

There was local entertainment which was lively and fun but a little loud for the small bar - but it was still family friendly as there were several children that were entertained by the live music and taking part in the dancing. Because the music was so loud we barely enjoyed small bursts of conversation - but others were definitely enjoying it. All in all, it is what it is - a bar/saloon. Just keep that in mind - I would still recommend if you are in the area.

1  Thank nickel_travels