US$165
  • Pool
The Inn at Tomichi Village(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$141
Travelocity
Comfort Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$216
Travelocity
Quality Inn Gunnison(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$140
Econo Lodge(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$131
The Alpine Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$147
US$150
US$147
Long Holiday Motel(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$119
Rodeway Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$140
RodewayInn
All reviewsfly shoptaylor rivercrested buttefly fishingrafting tripsmokehouse restauranthot tubscreened in porchwhite watermain storeupper taylorriverfront cabinlarger cabinsrv spacesbedroom cabincoffee filtersfamily weekend
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late April which is their off-season. There was plenty to do and see. Unfortunately a lot of the Forest Service roads and trails are closed at this time but there are lots of beautiful drives around. The resort is ideally situated between Gunnison and Crested Butte, and Blue Mesa and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison are relatively easy drives. The folks in the shop and office are uniformly nice and helpful.

The fishing was a blast. I am a beginning fly fisher but I caught many brown and rainbow trout although I did not land a cuttthroat trout. The resort leases private land, and has guides to take you there or to public access land. The guide we used, John, was really excellent and taught me more about fly-fishing than anyone else has. He did not fish all day, just helped me, and provided excellent value for the modest fee.

The facilities are quite adequate and clean although not fance. We stayed in a riverside 1 bedroom with loft. I would not have wanted to be in there with more than 2 people or maybe 2 adults and a couple of kids. The lofts are not usable really by adults. Also I am 6 feet, 1 inch tall and about 200 pounds. If you are much bigger than me, I would suggest you get one of the larger cabins. The one bedrooms are pretty tight in some places.

All in all, I recommend it highly as a fishing/family resort. Just please do not hire John as a guide when you go; I want him available when I go back.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We love Three Rivers - our kids can't wait till our next trip! The cabins are cute and comfy and the location is awesome. It's great to have your own space but still be near other people. We have stayed in one of the homes on the property and plan to stay in one of the remodeled cabins over the river this summer. We look forward to the hot tub and grill on the deck overlooking the beautiful scenery.
The property itself is gorgeous, on the river with mountains surrounding. There is a barbecue restaurant on site if you don't want to cook. The cabins and homes all have kitchens too so you can cook yourself. Or you can take the short drive to Gunnison or Crested Butte to visit their restaurants.
Three Rivers has great fishing guides and fun white water rafting too. It's a great destination for adults or families with kids. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed in one of the riverside cabins at Three Rivers Resort in September 2012. We've been visiting the Gunnison/Almont area for the past 25 years for fly fishing and general relaxation. We had been staying at another property in the years past and only started staying at Three Rivers Resot three years ago - we are so glad we found Three Rivers Resort !!! Our cabin was right on the Taylor River and very nice, clean, quiet, and well appointed. The staff at Three Rivers are all wonderful, and very friendly and helpful (Mark "Stake", Vito, Jenn). Fishing guide John B. and shop manager Lendol in the WillowFly Anglers fly shop on the premises are also excellent folks and friendly and helpful. I give Three Rivers Resort my highest recommendation - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kilgore_Trout_88
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed in one of the remodeled cabins (#20) overlooking the Taylor River. The cabin was clean, modern and had plenty of room. The kitchen is upgraded and had everything we needed to cook dinners for two nights. The deck has a private hot tub, gas grill and table/chairs. There is a screened in porch as well. The resort and fly shop staff were great. We also used Willowfly Anglers (the fly shop on the property) to guide my husband and I for two days on the Gunnison river - the guides were professional, knowledgable and able to handle two wading fishermen with no trouble. (We are experienced fly fishermen so we have some experience with other guided trips in the past). The restaurant on the the resort was really good as well - great ribs, wine and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose one of the cabins overlooking the river (the remodeled ones - they are the nicest).
Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

After searching through lists of cabins for a spontaneous weekend getaway, we chose the Three Rivers Resort in Almont. It was one of the only places with availability for a very last-minute booking. The location was perfect, as we wanted to explore around Crested Butte (absolutely adorable town with a gazillion bicycles). Gunnison is just about 10 miles down the road, so convenient for things to do "in-town".... BUT, the rivers, waterfalls, pretty-much-anything-outdoors, hiking, rafting, SUPing, scenic driving was all-too abundant for just a quick 2-day trip. Cabin #23 was great, very cozy with a full kitchen & at the end of the row of cabins... so also very private. We saw a bear crossing the river just up the road & took a very scenic drive over Schofield Pass... really incredible. I would definitely recommend Three Rivers for anyone looking for a rustic & cozy outdoorsy type or cabin camper. The Death Fries at the restaurant were delicious (cheesy fries with bacon, bbq & ranch!). Thank you, Three Rivers!

Room Tip: Cabin #23... an end unit, sleeps 4 with a nice bathroom & full kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple