“Fishing Vacation”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Management Response
15 Sep 2011
We take all customer feedback seriously and I would like to respond on a number of the points brought up here. My Reservations Manager, Mark Stakemiller, remembers taking your reservation as well as checking you in. He remembers telling you that we were full that weekend and had limited cabin selections, only "park model" chalets left. While we have plenty of cabins on the river and plenty of non-park model cabins, there were none available at the time he spoke to you and explained that. Additionally, our website clearly shows where these cabins are located and what they are. We have described them in detail including the small low ceiling loft. Some people love these and some don't. From what I understand Mark gave you a chance to check out the lodging unit before you committed to stay at check-in. You chose to stay. These are new units (within 5 yrs) and have very nice amenities for a park model. Other CO resorts charge $200+ for the same units. A local hotel chain charged $180 for a standard room (no kitchen, grill, deck, etc.) this same weekend. We feel that our prices are fair and in line with the market and we check them often. "Housekeeping cabins" are much different than hotels. We do not offer coffee, shampoo, free ice, etc. as hotels do. With cabins, you are expected to bring certain food/toiletry items with you and that also is pretty standard for cabin resorts across the board. Additionally, you had a full refrigerator/freezer to make ice. I am sorry that we were not able to fix the porch light and while there is patio furniture supplied, we will consider additional chairs. Regarding the restaurant, it is a Smokehouse and BBQ is the feature but apparently you missed the other tasty items offered. There are plenty of other restaurants available within 10 minutes and we would have been happy to recommend another. We have received nothing but rave restaurant reviews all summer and yes, if you don't like BBQ, a smokehouse is probably not the place for you to dine. Overall, it sounds like we couldn't have done anything to please you and ultimately we don't pretend to be the right place for everybody but we do give you as much information as possible upfront about what the accommodations will be. Everyone has a different opinion of what a "mountain cabin" should be.
Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$125
/ Night
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing