“I lived on the East Coast and this rates!”

Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Arvada
More attraction details
Owner description: Arts peerformance center with art galleries, classes and a children's playground.
Boulder
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I lived on the East Coast and this rates!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I lived in Philadelphia and the NYC area for fifteen years. I'm an artist and teacher. It's taken me eight years here in CO to really take advantage of this wonderful center, assuming it was just a suburban area hobby-oriented center. I attended a conference there and saw the quality of the work in the upstairs gallery. I've since been to at least four shows and all of them have been well worth the trip from the Boulder area to see. The work is thoughtfully curated and of very high quality. Not at all a place to just see landscapes and flowers. In the case of the last show I attended, I thought it was better than the one in Denver at the Museum of Contemporary Arts (though I really like that venue too). Now I am taking a ceramics class where the other attendees are dedicated to a vital creative path. Not at all hobbyist. If you have little ones, it would be a fun trip to climb on the gigantic dragon sculpture outside with a picnic and maybe you could convince them to take a quick tour through the galleries! Make sure you see the upstairs galleries. Very good work up there too.

Visited April 2014

Arvada, Colorado
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Oh dear”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We have well over 220 breweries in Colorado and the manager here simply doesn't understand beer. If you know what IPA means - forget this place.a

Arvada, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arts and Theater in Arvada”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Wonderful Arts and Cultural Center in Arvada! Great art pavilion showcasing new and emerging artists as well as renown artist. Theater events are professional and the list of plays and musicals are on par with Broadways best! Concerts in the summer and children's theater for family fun!

Visited October 2013
Arvada, Colorado, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Arts and culture in the suburbs!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have enjoyed the plays at the Arvada Center for the Arts for many years. With three stages, including one outdoor theatre, and great plays at an affordable cost you can see professional artists at work on awesome sets. Besides the plays the Center also offers great displays in their gallery - which is free! The historic room displays a life in years past and is worth checking out. Besides the galleries, plays, historical museum the Center also offers classes in the arts including dance, pottery and acting. This is a great way to enjoy a day of arts and humanities.

Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 342 helpful votes
“Good, Small, Local Concert Venue”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have only seen one concert here - Robert Cray (for those of you under 21 he's an actual musician, that probably wouldn't interest you). I could tell you about how much I enjoyed his music selection, performance, etc. but that wouldn't focus on the venue.

The venue is small (I think it holds like 1,400 people) which, for me, is a huge plus. We sat on the general admission lawn in which I have a couple of complaints - 1) the slope is a little too steep, we kept sliding down the hill while trying to stay on top of our blanket, 2) it rained just prior to the concert which increased our downhill times and soaked our butts.

However, this place is newer and very nice. They do have seats right off the stage that are covered under a big wooden structure (don't know what you actually call it). My favorite thing about the concert was the sound quality however I don't know if that's a compliment for the musician or the venue. It was loud enough that you could hear every instrument and vocal but not too loud that your ears rang. The sound dynamics were probably the best I've ever heard at a concert which was great because I could hear every beautiful sound coming from this artist's guitar.

They also had a small concession that served beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc. You can also bring in your own cooler. We brought in crackers, cheese, smoked salmon & prosciutto (Hey, this place is located not too far from Boulder so do as the Romans do).

I would definitely like to see a concert here again, next time I'll make sure to get a covered seat!

Visited August 2013