“bring a shovel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Arvada
Wheeling, Illinois
“bring a shovel”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I asked for a smoking room and was told because my reservation came from a discount site as a nonsmoking reservation that it would be treated as a "request" and she would try to get me a smoking room the next day.Something smelled fishy about the way they emphasized "request" so I had my girlfriend call and ask for a smoking room for the same dates as my stay.She was told that a smoking room would not be avail. until the end of my stay.SO how did they think they would have any chance of honoring my "request" when they knew one would not be avail. until the end of my stay.If they were truthful about the rooms availability up front I would have accepted it and not be writing this.They chose to lead my on when they could have just been upfront with me.Theres a good reason it was the cheapest 2? star hotel on the discount site.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank fred r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 July 2014

that kitchenette saved me hundreds of dollars! wife and kid along with me. room was awesome! tv was awesome! i didn't use the internet, even having a cable i couldn't connect. it would say "connected but unable to use internet." a ip address was given, but it wouldn't log on. i asked about it and was told it should start automatically after turning wifi off and restarting the computer. this of course didn't work. i decided not to bother them with it, and used my hotspot on my phone. i don't use social media anyway. the hotel had everything i needed! pot, pan, plates, cups, microwave, coffeepot and fridge. the thin walls thing is over exaggerated, incredibly. room service came frequently. there's stores all around you. easy access to freeways. some of the "residences" are questionable, especially when doing laundry. they seem to feel entitled. but for the most part, they are very friendly. i would definitely stay here again. the staff is great! i mean great!! they really try to be there for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank the-vacation
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

So, I booked a room through Kayak.com, I reviewed the terms and conditions, the credit card policies, and rules and regulations.
I prepaid for the hotel stay $99.27
I arrived late on friday night, after 11pm. The front door is secured so there was not front desk person. you call a number to let you in. Fine. I spoke to Mario. Mario said they need to make a photo copy of my credit card, I said, no, I don't feel comfortable with that. He said, it's our policy to make a photo copy of everyone's credit card. I said, no, I won't allow you to make a photo copy of my credit card. He then says', well, I can't let you stay then.
I then walked out. I slept in my car because no hotel in Denver or surrounding area within 1 hour didn't have a room, since it was July 4th weekend, an Education Conference, and some tournament.
So, I called the General Manager Kim, she was rude to me. I asked her well on Kayak's website it doesn't state that your hotel is required to make a photo copy of anyone's credit card. She said, My corporate office says it's on ALL websites. I said, no, that 's not a fact. When I booked the room I booked it through Kayak.com, Travelocity Network Parnter. She then argued that I booked it through Orbitz. I said, no, I can't forward the email to you. She then said rudely, My other phone is ringing, I'm placing you on hold. So I waited, and waited for her to return. She never did, she had me on hold for over 10 minutes. I then hung up. It's been 1.5 hours since and she hasn't called me back. Because the customer friendly thing to do is, call someone back.
They won't refund me the money, I complained to the Attorney General of Colorado, the Better Business Bureau, and I'll be disputing the charge through my creditcard company.
STAY AWAY IF YOU WANT SIMPLE TRAVEL ACCOMMODATIONS. IF YOU WANT YOUR LIFE TO BE HELL< STAY AT THIS DUMP>

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Terry S
Blooming Prairie
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Drug deals, Prostitution, Policemen patrolling the halls, Undercover police staying at the hotel, NO staff support with problems within the hotel, maids stealing personal items. That is what the savanna suites Arvada is about! I stayed here for 3 months for work from January 2014 until march 2014. I would not let my Cat stay here! Noisy, scary, unsecure, dishonesty, thievery, sleepless nights because of noise from adjacent rooms and rooms above. Motel staff neither cared or did anything about this, mostly mocked us for complaining!! We were also promised flat screen tvs because our company occupied so many rooms, Did not happen!!!! Do yourself a favor, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!! Sincerely Rick Christensen, Blooming prairie MN. 507 440 8831

Room Tip: there are no good rooms maids are thieves
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Robin C
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

On the receipt it says free wifi but that's a flat out lie. Too expensive. The rooms are not clean. High speed internet is not WiFi. Better options are available. Old TV's the rooms have a weird smell.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank davidmesaaz
Mackinaw, MI
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel after cancelling the hotel I had reserved due to poor service. The price was moderate compared to properties in the area. It was very clean, though somewhat industrial looking. No pool, but had a nice workout room and laundry facility. Full kitchen, but all the typical amenities you expect(like coffee for your pot) is sold in a vending machine. No hair dryer in room and had to ask for hangars. The service upon check-in was very good. The young woman was very personable and accommodating. I was there for 4 nights, slept well (firm mattress), felt safe, and overall had a good experience. This is really more of a long term stay hotel, but I did have housekeeping service daily. The office closes at 11, so you have to call to get in if you don't have a key. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LadyBister
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel over 3 months on business and the staff and management went over and above to make my stay pleasant. They reacted quickly to every request. I travel 6 - 9 months a year and highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are very clean and come with the cooking supplies you need to be able to fell at home and cook for yourself. I will stay here again when in the Denver area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
afarmerss, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Arvada. We are delighted to hear that our staff was able to make you feel at home during your stay at the hotel. We strive to provide all guests with the best customer service and can't wait to have you back during your next trip to Arvada!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arvada
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Quality Inn Denver Westminster
Quality Inn Denver Westminster
#15 of 19 in Westminster

Been to Savannah Suites Arvada? Share your experiences!