“A Relaxing and Enjoyable Meal in Downtown Aspen”
Review of Wild Fig

Wild Fig
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Two blocks down in front of the Hotel Jerome
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The menus between restaurants in Aspen appear to be very similar in product. Designed to take advantage of good outdoor weather in the summer, we enjoyed our winter meal at the Wild Fig. I would recommend their Fig Salad as a staple item for a starter. My guest really enjoyed the duck confit appetizer.

Previously, we ranked Chef Ripert’s truffle fries as the best in the world. He has two restaurants, one in New York, the other in Cayman Islands. We experienced his truffle fries in Cayman Island, and were surprised to find the Wild Figs’ truffle fries to be better than Chef Ripert’s truffle fries.

The Wild Fig restaurant has a very extensive wine list, which complements the meals well. As I normally drink red wine, and opted for the fish in a bag, I asked the waiter for his recommendation on wine. Being from Paris France, the waiter did not disappoint.

The evening ambiance was very relaxing. Service was prompt and professional. The meal was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

After perusing the reviews, our group was ecstatic to try this venue. The salad (with pears) was very good. However, 3 of us chose a heavy ragout pasta dish which didnt blend flavors well. We left feeling like a cement mixture. Granted, we took the advice of the waitress' favorite dish. I think we all just expected flavors to explode, which they did not. To be fair, one of our party got a fish dish and she enjoyed it. I like places with lots of choices of appetizers and dont remember a great 'different' selection here.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We (myself and kids) enjoyed our dinner here. The food was very good indeed, and service very good too. We ate early (we were given 6pm booking) and almost had the place to ourselves, so we can't comment about rubbing shoulders with others as previous reviewers have noted. We would definitely return here when back in Aspen.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Went with a group of folks and the food was dreamy. really good food and great service. The restaurant was super busy but we didn't have to wait and the service was great.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Good food, and the fish in the bag is a good recommendation. Food in general is good, nothing exceptional, but very good. What really bothered me was how close the tables were and their rush to turn tables. I couldn't literally move my chair without bumping someone on my side or behind me. And I am not even mentioning that my shoulders were almost touching people sitting at other tables on both sides. And it was easier to talk to someone next to me than to my partner. In my opinion, this is not cozy, it is somewhat annoying. And they rush too much, something quite common in Aspen. They take out the starters and bring the entrees in 30 sec. I felt like they wanted to get us out there so they could seat the next customer.

Not sure if we will come back.

1  Thank Rodgoncalves