“The customer is King”
Review of Grateful Deli

Grateful Deli
Ranked #53 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had the best roast beef and cheddar non sandwich. I am Gluten free and the "guys" were very accommodating. They made me a "sandwich in a boat" and added oil and vinegar. It was terrific, as was my husbands "regular" deli fare.

There are newer reviews for Grateful Deli

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Aspen is pretty expensive but this is a great value little deli. I only wish we'd found it sooner on our trip! Definitely worth a visit - would be great for a sandwich to take on your hikes as they come in a handy little cardboard tray.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visited The Grateful Deli this past weekend in Aspen. It was a charming little shop with The Grateful Dead as the theme (there were folks waiting that weren't aware of the band...) I had the Stella Bleu panini. The bread was grilled, a good balance of veggies, and it was huge. All the sandwiches looked delicious. There are a couple tables outside otherwise I would recommend getting take away. It is very small inside - not for seating. Overall, it was a great sandwich and perfect for a relaxed lunch.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We ate here during the USA Pro Championship bike race because they had outside seating (only) right on the finish of the race. We didn't expect much but the sandwiches we got were really good. I got the Garcia (what else would you get here?) and my wife got the hot roast beef. The sandwiches were so big we should have just split one. They were mad just right with really good bread. You go inside, make your order, and wait for your name to be called. They were really really busy when we were there, but that did not affect their courtesy or quality of the food.

1  Thank Chuckospringpatch
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Several people recommended the Grateful Deli, on Main St., for sandwiches. We were also told that they were very generous. So, my daughter and I shared turkey & avocado on a panini. With chips and a drink, we were each more than satisfied with our delicious 1/2 sandwich. The downside is that the place is tiny and there are only two benches and 4 small tables on the sidewalk in front. But, since a lot of the business seems to be take-out, we didn't wait long to find a place to sit. Although I am only here two more days, I may go back to try a different sandwich - I was very impressed : )

1  Thank DCLizzy