“great sandwiches”

Ranked #56 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Atlanta, Georgia
“great sandwiches”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

this place is great!! very small take out place but the sandwiches were very tasty, service was fast and friendly. priced accordingly and great variety.

Visited August 2013

Auburn, California
“The customer is King”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had the best roast beef and cheddar non sandwich. I am Gluten free and the "guys" were very accommodating. They made me a "sandwich in a boat" and added oil and vinegar. It was terrific, as was my husbands "regular" deli fare.

Visited September 2013
“Great little find”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Aspen is pretty expensive but this is a great value little deli. I only wish we'd found it sooner on our trip! Definitely worth a visit - would be great for a sandwich to take on your hikes as they come in a handy little cardboard tray.

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, AZ
“Unique, delicious sandwiches in a tiny shop based on The Dead”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visited The Grateful Deli this past weekend in Aspen. It was a charming little shop with The Grateful Dead as the theme (there were folks waiting that weren't aware of the band...) I had the Stella Bleu panini. The bread was grilled, a good balance of veggies, and it was huge. All the sandwiches looked delicious. There are a couple tables outside otherwise I would recommend getting take away. It is very small inside - not for seating. Overall, it was a great sandwich and perfect for a relaxed lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Springfield, IL
“Great Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We ate here during the USA Pro Championship bike race because they had outside seating (only) right on the finish of the race. We didn't expect much but the sandwiches we got were really good. I got the Garcia (what else would you get here?) and my wife got the hot roast beef. The sandwiches were so big we should have just split one. They were mad just right with really good bread. You go inside, make your order, and wait for your name to be called. They were really really busy when we were there, but that did not affect their courtesy or quality of the food.

• Visited August 2013