“Thought there would be views of Ajax Mt.”
Review of Element 47

Element 47
Ranked #22 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring St.
Description: It's been called Aspen's "finest spot to wine, dine and unwind." The name element 47 pays tribute to silver, the precious metal that first put Aspen on the map, and to the finest silver service cuisine -for breakfast, lunch, apres and dinner, 7 days a week. Our team of culinary and wine professionals is one very good reason we have enjoyed the rare 5-Star, 5-Diamond ranking for so long. Whether you ski in for lunch, drop in at the bar for a more casual rendezvous, or join us for the most special of occasions, you'll be greeted with warmth, not formality. You'll find the ambience - ceiling-height glass cases with some of our rarest wines, art by Michelle Grabner, Cameron Martin, Angel Otero, Scott Reeder, Philip Vanderhyden, Jose Lerma - as fine as the dining.
maryland
“Thought there would be views of Ajax Mt.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stopped by after arriving in town in the early afternoon. Service was excellent; friendly. Carrot soup was interesting with flavors of coconut milk and lemon and cilantro. Nice glass of Albarino. Sat outside near pool. Wish I could have seen the mountain from the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sueeMaryland

Greenwood, Indiana
“Nice setting-- great service”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My daughter and I had breakfast at restaurant on August 10. Ate outside...beautiful setting. Food was really good and service was excellent. We debated going back the next day again.. But it was a little pricey for breakfast 2 days in a row.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Liz H
Texas
“Nice outdoor dining; expensive wine list”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

E47 had just made extensive changes to the menu so they may have been in "shakedown" mode on some dishes. Lamb was very good. Wagyu tatare was good, not wonderful. Foie gras appetizer was a miniscule portion whose flavor was overwhelmed by the accompanying fruit. Portions are small across the board. The wine list, particularly reds, is a very extensive list but really expensive. I'm not talking sort of expensive; I mean very expensive.

Outdoor seating is the place if the weather is cooperating. There was almost nobody dining inside and the outdoor tables were full.

This is a nice hotel restaurant and the food is good. I would go back but I wouldn't rush back.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank wirepaladin08
Marco Island, Florida
“Good but very expensive!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This restaurant is part of the Little Nell and is the typically expensive hotel restaurant. I think the men in our group left hungry; we girls thought the portions were just right. They make a cocktail called the Silver Leaf that is to die for fabulous and tasty and very potent. That's my favorite thing at this restaurant. It is typically pretentious Aspen at it's worst. However, it's location is really lovely if you want an outdoor venue for your dinner. Just buyer beware . . . $100 per person is an average cost of dinner!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ShouldbeaBrit
Colorado
“Excellent Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I just had lunch today. We have heard very mixed and not so positive reviews, and we decided to give it a try. I thought it was superb. From the hostess to the busboy, everyone was friendly and responsive. Lovely warm bread in a six part muffin tin to begin with. We shared a beef tartar appetizer which was a very creative and delicious preparation. I followed it with the Kale salad which was unbelievable. I never take leftovers home. I took this salad home. My husband had the Cobb Salad which was also delicious. We could have shared a salad after the bread and Beef Tartar. We each had a glass of wine by the glass from a menu with plenty of choices and price points. We sat on the patio, which was lovely. The inside is very attractive, as well. We looked at the dinner menu, and I would definitely come back for dinner sometime.

• Visited July 2013