“Fresh, local, and fabulous!”
Review of Plato's Restaurant

Plato's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 164 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We offer a shuttle service every half hour (full and half hour) to town and back, stopping at Ruby Park and the Hotel Jerome.
Description: CURRENTLY UNDERGOING RENOVATION - WILL REOPEN JUNE 2018 Plato's Restaurant "The first and greatest of necessities is food, which is the condition of life and existence." - Plato's Republic, Book 2 Bask in the golden sunset as you dine on the finest and most inspiring cuisine in the city at Plato's Restaurant, featuring local and regional fair as flavorful as the surroundings. Our exceptional Culinary Team selects the perfect seasonal ingredients to make your meal a truly memorable one. Come early and unwind with a glass of wine or specialty cocktail by the fire in the Hefner lounge. The magnificent view becomes as much a part of the experience as the delicious meal. Thank you for a wonderful winter season. We look forward to seeing you in June!
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I love the ever changing menu. In the summertime Plato's sources most of their ingredients from local, organic farms and butchers. They are always cooking what's seasonal. The view is also really spectacular.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food, the service, the view, the drinks! It's all great and I love being here! Last time I was here the night couldn't have been better! The food was incredible, the staff was attentive, the wine list was phenomenal! I really love Plato's and will continue dining here so long as I live in this town! Hands down the best view at sunset in the entire valley, which is quite a statement!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was lucky enough to experience a wine dinner at Plato's recently. The meal was spectacular, the I still dream of the duck cassoulet that started the dinner. They paired every course beautifully with an amazing Michael David wine, including two varietals from their Inkblot series. I don't know that I could have asked for more. Service was stellar, the team was on top of our every need. The food was divine, every dish embraced the intricacies of the wines they paired with it. Plato's is hands down the place not to miss when dining in Aspen, between the view, the food, and the service, the entire experience is remarkable!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

if we define Aspen as a refined but intimate venue, where the beauty of the landscapes combined with luxury and sophistication but the permanent feeling of relaxed and intimate atmosphere makes a unique destination, Plato's Restaurant at Aspen Meadows represents the best of this town.
I visited the best restaurants in New York, Milan, Paris, Hong Kong, Mexico city, and Plato’s has nothing to envy them all; the service was excellent, the quality and freshness of the ingredients was supreme, all this in combination with the incredible chef skills made the most unforgettable dinner experience.
I can assure that this is a hidden gem and a must if you visit Aspen

Ashley L, Manager at Plato's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us! We do have a truly amazing view, and our cuisine is top notch! We hope to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The restaurant had a $120 per person menu. Most people at our table enjoyed the quality of the food. Service was good. Not many people there so it was intimate.

1  Thank A T