“Best on-mountain food I've ever had”
Review of Lynn Britt Cabin

Lynn Britt Cabin
Ranked #59 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best on-mountain food I've ever had”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My family and I loved this little gem. We first went on the evening snowcat dinner and that was definitely a wonderful experience. The food was great and riding on a snowcat was a wonderfully memorable experience. On to the food. The charcuterie, admittedly, wasn't really anything special but it was good. The second course was a roasted tomato bisque that was great. We all LOVED it. The flavors were very well developed. The salad was yummy too but nothing special really. For the main we all happened to order the pheasant and some of us even added the foie gras. The foie gras had mixed reviews among us because it didn't look right since the color wasn't what we were used to. However, it tasted great with the pheasant and I was rather pleased. The side was a truffle risotto that was perfect (someone who works there is a risotto wizard because I had their seafood risotto special the next day and it was also beyond tasty with IDEAL consistency). The desert was a bread pudding which even my uncle devoured...and he ALWAYS just orders some ice cream (before he tasted it he was upset he couldn't order what he wanted but afterwards....HEAVEN). The staff is super nice and the wine list was pretty good...we had Joseph Phelps Insignia and Sterling (I don't remember the years). On to the lunch. Like I mentioned, I tried the seafood risotto which was YUMMY. I also had the pan seared Colorado trout with sliced almonds on a bed of haricot verts, and carrots in a deliciously light broth. This I came back for the next day so trust me when I say it was very good. My dad ate the stroganoff special and I almost wish I had gotten it myself (although the trout was AMAZING too). The outdoor seating is first come first served but, If you want to ensure seating, make a reservation for inside.

• Visited March 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just doesn't get better than this”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The ride in a super sized snow cat was a blast! The driver even tucked us in with warm blankets before being whisked up to the quaint cabin where we were greeted with hot mulled cider.
The charming cabin was warm and toasty andna great bluegrass musician was strumming away as we entered. The whole process was seamless and fun and definitely off the beaten track of glitzy Aspen.the meal is five courses set menu with a few choices.mthe soup a cram of mushroom was voted by our entire party as the best soup we have tasted anyplace! Entre choices were SeaBass, Pheasant and Buffalo Prime Rib. Our party of six sampled all and each enjoyed every bite. The staff was friendly and so very efficient considering that the entire cabin is served in unison. The wine list was very good. Just a wonderful experience and we definitely would head back! So treat yourselves..if you have one Aspen/Snowmass splurge..look no further!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lake1957
Powell, Ohio
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We at at Lynn Britt Cabin for their evening meal in 2011 and 2012. The sing along with their guitarist is one of the most enjoyable evenings you will ever spend. It's very cozy inside (maybe crowded) but the singing and joviality makes it worthwhile. This year we hiked up for lunch and it, too, was quite memorable. The food is great, though the chocolate cake dessert seemed more like a mass-produced hard brownie than the lava cake we anticipated. Still, we will do a ski-in/ski-out lunch next year.

Visited February 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Love the Lynn Britt for lunch”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Tuesday Special is Bison Meatloaf - just wonderful, so we went back the next week. Went a third time, not on Tuesday, and the trout was excellent. Pasta dish for my wife not so great.

Visited February 2013
Santa Fe, NM
“Really worth the stop”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Had a great lunch at Lynn Britt with my family. It was a sunny day and we sat outside. We were tired of the fast food in the lodges. The fresh well-prepared salads and soups were delicious. We will make this a Snowmass regular event!