“A real treat!”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the St. Regis Aspen this past January and had the most amazing stay. The staff was extremely attentive and the property is beautiful and very well maintained. The St. Regis also has the perfect location for exploring the town of Aspen. I would also like to make special mention of the fantastic service provided by Miguel (the Front Desk Manager). He was there to anticipate all of our needs and always did so with a gracious smile. Miguel was also able to help us with restaurant suggestions, as well as activity recommendations. Miguel really made out stay special! I highly recommend the property.

• Stayed: January 2013
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your January stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am delighted to hear that you experienced the full benefit of our bespoke service through our staff and our Front Desk Manager, Miguel. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the future.

Kind regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Aspen Resort

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We recently spent a few days at the St Regis in Aspen. The location is great. They have recently redone the decor downstairs and in the rooms. We stayed in the residence part of the hotel. The new suites are beautiful. Before they were very dark and cave like, now they are modern and bright. The lobby has been redone as well. It's a hit and miss in my opinion. Overall the hotel is beautiful.
The service is iffy at best. We went to the lobby two different days after skiing for drinks and the service is terrible! We would place an order and wait 15 -20 minutes for a bottle of beer! Both days we ended up walking over to the bar and getting the order ourselves. One day we asked for our bill and 45 minutes later we still didn't have it. We finally went to the bar and told the bartender what we had and he wrote one up so we could pay. There is no excuse for such terrible service in a five star hotel!
We had reservations at the restaurant the Chefs Club at 8:30 on valentines day. We specifically asked for the chefs table. They told us it was open and we could have it. When we arrived at 8:20 they had our reservation, but the chefs table was full and instructed us to take a seat in the bar. We waited 30 minutes without ever being waited on. We finally went back to the front desk to ask what was going on and were informed the the group eating at the chefs table had been seated there about15 minutes before we arrived. They were trying to hurry them up but it would be about 30 more minutes. We told them we would take another table, which of course they didn't have. They finally found a high top to seat us in. We waited at least another 15 minutes before the waiter even came over to take our drink order! Needless to say the service was terribly slow. We were there until after 11 PM. The food was just okay, and outrageously expensive. We never received an apology or anything for our inconvenience. I hope we never have to go back there. I realize it was valentines day, and they were packed, but they knew what to expect... They (supposedly) take reservations!
I did go to the spa Remede. It was wonderful! You don't have to stay at the hotel to make a spa appt.
So the rooms are beautiful, the location great but the service not so much. It's very pricy, so if you want pampering you might look else where, unless you are looking for a spa, then consider Remede.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to stay with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort for the Valentine’s Day holiday. I am very pleased you found your overall experience in our residences to be inviting, and that you enjoyed the changes we made during our renovation of the Residence Club. However, I am concerned by your observations regarding your experience in our lounge and at Chefs Club. Service beyond expectation is a top priority with all of our associates here at the resort and we are truly sorry that you did not have the experience that you were anticipating. This certainly does not meet our standards, nor certainly your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.

I do hope that we may welcome you to the resort again in the future where you will have our promise for an uncompromising stay. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further concerns or questions.

Kind Regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Spent the afternoon in Rèmede spa and got drinks in shadow mountain lounge afterwards. The spa treatment was a couples massage. Afterwards my fiancé and I moved to the lobby lounge. The service in the lounge was exceptional. Peter the australian bartender was a great conversationalist and
talking futbol with Mariano was a great way to end my relaxing afternoon. Thank you everyone who was involved in my tranquil day! I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Peter and Mariano were amazing bar tenders, pretty hilarious guys. Recommended me some good whisky, I wasn't disappointed with their suggedtion. The waitress Gianella sweetess girl ever, nice smile very polite. Two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here over New Years and for the price we were paying, I was extremely underwhelmed.

First the high points:
Concierges were amazing and did a fantastic job of getting us dinner and lunch reservations at an extremely busy time. The female concierge who's name I've forgotten was particularly friendly and helpful. Really great.
The Chef's club: WOW. A truly spectacular dining experience. If you are staying in the hotel do not miss the opportunity to eat here. Our waiter Mark answered all our questions and could have talked about the food all evening. The food and service was fantastic.

Now for the low points:
We arrived late in the evening but I felt our check in experience was disappointing. There was no warm welcome. The guy seemed inexperienced and nervous. Not what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel.
The room: beautiful furniture and fittings and a comfortable bed. Maybe we were just unlucky with location. We were at the side of the hotel with little natural light and mostly looked out on to wall with the jacuzzis to the side.
We left early in the morning to ski but 2 out of 5 days arrived back after 4pm to find our room still wasn't made up. Overall wasn't impressed with the housekeeping. Very standard. Rang twice for an iron which never appeared.
The Lifts: There's two lifts but one was broken our whole entire stay and the other kept breaking so you'd find yourself either taking the service elevator or waiting for up to ten mins for the lift.
Hot water: There was no hot water at one point. Again not what you'd expect at a 5 star hotel but again probably one of those annoying things that broke and was fixed asap.

If I was returning to Aspen in the future I believe my money would go further in some of the other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
TheStRegisAspen, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, we truly value the feedback from our guests. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the services provided by our concierge and at Chef’s Club by FOOD & WINE. We are proud of this innovative concept that brings the pages of the illustrious FOOD & WINE magazine to life, showcasing some of their Best New Chefs at our resort.

We are sorry however, that we fell short of expectation in other areas like at check in and housekeeping. We also sincerely apologize for the issue with the hot water and elevator, these unexpected service issues are always a disappointment not only to guests but to us as well. While we were able to fix the hot water quickly, the elevator unfortunately needed a special order part and took longer than expected to arrive.

We hope that you’ll return to The St. Regis Aspen Resort again so we can show you the signature St. Regis service we are known for.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

During my stay at St Regis I decided to stop at the Shadow Mountain Lounge and try a few of the cocktails I've read about. Impressive! Byron was first class and extremely fast. Our cocktail waitress Tara was very socialable and provided top notch service! You MUST visit the St. Regis when you're in Aspen!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Awesome_Dude1

Thank you so much for your feedback, we truly delight in hearing from guests about their experience while in residence with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the signature St. Regis service we are known for and that in particular the associates in the lounge were able to make your stay one to remember. We hope you return to Aspen soon and visit The St. Regis Aspen Resort again.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Although it was summertime when I visited here, I had wonderful time here.
Butler service and ride service satisfied me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business