1,083 results
All reviews butler service oxygen lounge champagne sabering remede spa mary pat chefs club lobby bar ski shop beautiful hotel turn down service in town shadow mountain concierge desk luxury hotel little nell ski gear one bedroom suite
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

And we spent one night at the hotel in March. Love the location, the ambiance, the room and the staff. Not inexpensive, but nothing in Aspen is inexpensive. For my money, the St Regis is the best hotel in Colorado.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your March stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I appreciate your kind recommendation of our property and the bespoke service you received from our staff. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Having been a repeat visitor to Aspen for the past few years, we've had the luxury of staying in all the 4 and 5 star hotels in town. This year we split time between our old favorite, the Limelight, and a first-time visit to the "renowned" St. Regis. Having read the reviews here and paying what I am paying per night, I naturally expected top-of-the-line in everything.

Unfortunately, the first three things greeting us when we checked in were all entirely unacceptable. The first was that they put us in the wrong room - I had specifically reserved a patio/balcony room facing the mountain. The room faced the mountain but had no balcony (and every traveler has their one or two quirks and mine is a balcony); the front desk said they had no more balcony rooms available and offered me no remedy.

The second thing was that the in-house restaurant had cancelled our dinner reservations for tonight without telling us (we just happened to confirm with the concierge and otherwise would not have known this until 7:30 when we would have been in a bit of a jam). "A special party reserved the entire restaurant" we were told; okay, but it would have been nice if someone would have notified us of this and maybe made us a dinner reservation at another restaurant.

The third thing was when we tried to go skiing we were told that the hotel does not offer complimentary shuttle service to 3 of the 4 mountains, nor any other sort of transportation (they did tell us how to get to the city bus station). Every-other-single hotel we've stayed in has shuttled us free of charge not just to all four mountains but to anywhere we want to go (Limelight especially is incredibly indulgent in this regard). But to have the only options available from the St. Regis being a city bus or $85 private car?? When you're paying more than a thousand dollars per night?!

What is especially galling is that we moved over from the Limelight (spent five nights there), where they got our special room reservation request right, got our dinner reservations right and offered us free transportation to any peak or anywhere else we wanted to go. And we paid 1/3 what we're paying at the St. Regis.

I'm still waiting to see the hotel's response to my complaints. So far...regarding the shuttle service to the 3 mountains that are not next door to the hotel, they've offered explanations about insurance and licensing, but nothing in terms of a remedy (so I guess we're taking the city bus tomorrow). For the dinner cancellation without notifying us they've offered an "I'm sorry" and called to attempt to make us a last minute reservation somewhere else for tonight.

And for the room issue - something that I had confirmed upon making the reservation AND no less than three other times, including yesterday - Shaun, the on-duty manager, found us a balcony room (when the front desk said there were none).

In all fairness to the St. Regis, I will write a follow-up review after our stay. So far Shaun solved the biggest problem, but we're still trying to resolve the other two problems.

As an aside - and I will address this in a separate review of the Limelight hotel - that hotel went way overboard treating us special (in addition to the incredible value you get there). Another fantastic stay at the Limelight - and needless to say we'll be returning there again next year.

Room tip: Having good luck seems to be the key.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
StRegisAspen, Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the resort. I am very sorry to hear that your experiences with us thus far have been less than what you expected during your stay and I sincerely apologize that the service you have received from our front office, concierge and valet team has been below par. Please know that I take all comments posted very seriously and appreciate the feedback as it is of the utmost importance to me to help in maintaining and improving our service standards here at the Resort. Thank you for taking the time to bring these items to my attention. Please reach out to my office directly at richard.wales@stregisaspen.com so that I may further assist you with these issues.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The St. Regis Aspen Resort again in the future where you have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay.

Kind Regards,
Richard Wales, Director of Rooms

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Been coming here for years & once again Top Drawer stay. Their concierge staff Head Conceirge Stephanie Madrid & her assistants Mary Pat Rysdon & Brittany Bobbitt take care of your every need. They make you feel as they are part of your family.

The entire staff of the hotel is always so pleasant. The attached ski shop os Aspen Sports managed by Billy Meeker for years is so knowledgable & service oriented to the guests of the St. Regis.

Room tip: Jr. Suite is much larger than deluxe rooms with sofa & club chair & large living area
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such heartwarming comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always a pleasure to have return guests here at The Resort and I am overjoyed by your recommendation of our concierge service and the service you received from Billy and his team at Aspen Sports. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis and Jose our Butler made it extra special. The lobby area is a nice place to hang out after a long day of skiing.
It is walking distance to Ajax and one block to public transportation to Buttermilk and Snowmass.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I appreciate your kind recommendation of our property and the bespoke service you received from Jose. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future for another ski trip!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

AMAZING spa, great food!

We stayed next door at the Hyatt, but with the St. Regis 10 feet away we spent a lot of time at this hotel. This review is for the spa and the restaurants.

Russell at Remede is one of the best masseuses I have ever had. He knows anatomy and is a real professional, yet makes the massage feel good so you know you are at a spa and not the physical therapist. The 90 minute massage came with a parafin wax foot treatment, and scalp and hair mask. It was glorious. The spa also had oxygen machines, and i'm not sure if they did anything but are supposed to be great for people struggling with the altitude.

We also ate at the Chef's club one night for dinner and had dinner and breakfast at the italian restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great!

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your comments and experiences from your recent visit to the Remede Spa at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am glad you enjoyed the service of what CN readers rate as one of the top 25 spas in the world. It is such a pleasure to have read your kind remarks. I am also delighted to hear that you received uncompromising service from Trecento Quindici Decano and Chefs Club by Food & Wine while here at the Resort.

I sincerely hope that you might consider staying with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort when you return to Aspen in the future.