“Comfortable safe and welcoming hotel”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Comfortable safe and welcoming hotel”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The St Regis Hotel in Aspen is comfortable, service is very polite and attentive, the spa services are excellent, the beds are comfortable, they pick you up and drop you off in the village, they will pick up prescriptions for you from the local pharmacy if you get high altitude sickness like I did, they have an oxygen spa re same with a huge fireplace to make you feel comfortable, they bring you warm tea in the oxygen room. I cant ever go back to Aspen because I get altitude sickness so it wasn't worth it for just 5 days but I know I will stay in St Regis hotels in other locations around the world. I highly recommend this hotel. I wasn't feeling well and they helped me and made me feel looked after. Susan

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good from what I can tell - the views are all good - its a beautiful location.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us. I am elated to hear that you found our facilities to be so comfortable and that you received uncompromising service from our staff during your stay.

I am also pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities, especially our acclaimed Remede Spa and oxygen lounge, while on property. I apologize for the difficulties you experiences in adjusting to the high elevation here in Aspen. It is regrettable that the issues you faced with the altitude will keep you from visiting us again in the future. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you once again for your kind remarks.

H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We are staying at St. Regis Aspen Resort and we are HIGHLY disappointed. While the room is nice and the hotel is well located, their service is absolutely terrible. There is no sense of hospitality and the staff is rude and incredibly uninterested in making for a good experience as opposed to client centric. We have had hiccup after hiccup and they have not cared in the least bit. To make matters worse, we checked into our room and as were getting ready to use the restroom facitiy, we found a used and "unsanitary" washcloth in a corner from prior guests. GROSS. Don't even want to think about what it was. The hotel's response: "we'll send housekeeping up". How about at least a sincere apology? Also, how about a concierge telling us to go online to find out some info instead of informing us herself?! (just one of the few examples of their svc level). How about asking for turn-down service @ 8pm (they asked us at what time we wanted it) and them banging on the door @ 6:50pm instead? What's the point of sharing your preferences (upon their requests) if they won't stand honor them? Or the room by the elevator when we requested a quiet room away from elevators? Yep-- not impressed at all. Loud room. Oh and when we shared our initial concerns with the new manager, there wasn't much concern other than trying to explain themselves out of things. Not worth it. Plenty of other amazing hotels in Aspen. Not St. Regis level in the least bit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danimatt08
StRegisAspen, Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us at has failed to meet your expectations of our resort and our brand. I apologize for the issues that you have encountered with our housekeeping services and front office. This certainly does not meet our standards. Your feedback is critical to the development of our associates and we thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable experience in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office directly at richard.wales@stregisaspen.com so that I may further assist you with these concerns.

Richard Wales, Director of Rooms
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

And we spent one night at the hotel in March. Love the location, the ambiance, the room and the staff. Not inexpensive, but nothing in Aspen is inexpensive. For my money, the St Regis is the best hotel in Colorado.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your March stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I appreciate your kind recommendation of our property and the bespoke service you received from our staff. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Having been a repeat visitor to Aspen for the past few years, we've had the luxury of staying in all the 4 and 5 star hotels in town. This year we split time between our old favorite, the Limelight, and a first-time visit to the "renowned" St. Regis. Having read the reviews here and paying what I am paying per night, I naturally expected top-of-the-line in everything.

Unfortunately, the first three things greeting us when we checked in were all entirely unacceptable. The first was that they put us in the wrong room - I had specifically reserved a patio/balcony room facing the mountain. The room faced the mountain but had no balcony (and every traveler has their one or two quirks and mine is a balcony); the front desk said they had no more balcony rooms available and offered me no remedy.

The second thing was that the in-house restaurant had cancelled our dinner reservations for tonight without telling us (we just happened to confirm with the concierge and otherwise would not have known this until 7:30 when we would have been in a bit of a jam). "A special party reserved the entire restaurant" we were told; okay, but it would have been nice if someone would have notified us of this and maybe made us a dinner reservation at another restaurant.

The third thing was when we tried to go skiing we were told that the hotel does not offer complimentary shuttle service to 3 of the 4 mountains, nor any other sort of transportation (they did tell us how to get to the city bus station). Every-other-single hotel we've stayed in has shuttled us free of charge not just to all four mountains but to anywhere we want to go (Limelight especially is incredibly indulgent in this regard). But to have the only options available from the St. Regis being a city bus or $85 private car?? When you're paying more than a thousand dollars per night?!

What is especially galling is that we moved over from the Limelight (spent five nights there), where they got our special room reservation request right, got our dinner reservations right and offered us free transportation to any peak or anywhere else we wanted to go. And we paid 1/3 what we're paying at the St. Regis.

I'm still waiting to see the hotel's response to my complaints. So far...regarding the shuttle service to the 3 mountains that are not next door to the hotel, they've offered explanations about insurance and licensing, but nothing in terms of a remedy (so I guess we're taking the city bus tomorrow). For the dinner cancellation without notifying us they've offered an "I'm sorry" and called to attempt to make us a last minute reservation somewhere else for tonight.

And for the room issue - something that I had confirmed upon making the reservation AND no less than three other times, including yesterday - Shaun, the on-duty manager, found us a balcony room (when the front desk said there were none).

In all fairness to the St. Regis, I will write a follow-up review after our stay. So far Shaun solved the biggest problem, but we're still trying to resolve the other two problems.

As an aside - and I will address this in a separate review of the Limelight hotel - that hotel went way overboard treating us special (in addition to the incredible value you get there). Another fantastic stay at the Limelight - and needless to say we'll be returning there again next year.

Room Tip: Having good luck seems to be the key.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the resort. I am very sorry to hear that your experiences with us thus far have been less than what you expected during your stay and I sincerely apologize that the service you have received from our front office, concierge and valet team has been below par. Please know that I take all comments posted very seriously and appreciate the feedback as it is of the utmost importance to me to help in maintaining and improving our service standards here at the Resort. Thank you for taking the time to bring these items to my attention. Please reach out to my office directly at richard.wales@stregisaspen.com so that I may further assist you with these issues.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The St. Regis Aspen Resort again in the future where you have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay.

Richard Wales, Director of Rooms
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Been coming here for years & once again Top Drawer stay. Their concierge staff Head Conceirge Stephanie Madrid & her assistants Mary Pat Rysdon & Brittany Bobbitt take care of your every need. They make you feel as they are part of your family.

The entire staff of the hotel is always so pleasant. The attached ski shop os Aspen Sports managed by Billy Meeker for years is so knowledgable & service oriented to the guests of the St. Regis.

Room Tip: Jr. Suite is much larger than deluxe rooms with sofa & club chair & large living area
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such heartwarming comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always a pleasure to have return guests here at The Resort and I am overjoyed by your recommendation of our concierge service and the service you received from Billy and his team at Aspen Sports. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future.

New Orleans
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis and Jose our Butler made it extra special. The lobby area is a nice place to hang out after a long day of skiing.
It is walking distance to Ajax and one block to public transportation to Buttermilk and Snowmass.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I appreciate your kind recommendation of our property and the bespoke service you received from Jose. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future for another ski trip!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

AMAZING spa, great food!

We stayed next door at the Hyatt, but with the St. Regis 10 feet away we spent a lot of time at this hotel. This review is for the spa and the restaurants.

Russell at Remede is one of the best masseuses I have ever had. He knows anatomy and is a real professional, yet makes the massage feel good so you know you are at a spa and not the physical therapist. The 90 minute massage came with a parafin wax foot treatment, and scalp and hair mask. It was glorious. The spa also had oxygen machines, and i'm not sure if they did anything but are supposed to be great for people struggling with the altitude.

We also ate at the Chef's club one night for dinner and had dinner and breakfast at the italian restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your comments and experiences from your recent visit to the Remede Spa at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am glad you enjoyed the service of what CN readers rate as one of the top 25 spas in the world. It is such a pleasure to have read your kind remarks. I am also delighted to hear that you received uncompromising service from Trecento Quindici Decano and Chefs Club by Food & Wine while here at the Resort.

I sincerely hope that you might consider staying with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort when you return to Aspen in the future.