“Great stay”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The resort was beautiful in the staff was very helpful but we had to wait for service for housekeeping that took a while and in the bar that other than that was very positive stay. Recommend it to anyone. And I intend on returning.
Everything was gorgeous.

Stayed July 2014
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I am delighted to hear that our staff assisted with making your stay memorable, I am sorry that our housekeeping staff and bar did not meet your expectations. When you return for another extraordinary visit, I hope we can make all aspects of your trip noteworthy.

H. Steenge-Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

All in all, my wife and I had a great time. Staff is extraordinary, rooms are tastefully done and food is fantastic.

There are a few drawbacks. Furniture in main bar area off lobby is badly worn and in need of a makeover. Fitness center is pretty dreary as its located in the basement with no windows.

Would recommend SR to everyone but it could stand some upgrades.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeffery,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuble feedback and compliments of our staff and food! I am thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. We strive to create a custom elegant environment throughout the hotel with unique style and decor. I am sorry to hear that our furniture does not live up to our esteemed expectations.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort for a more refined stay.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Sigh. We should've paid closer attention to earlier reviews. You can't deny that this hotel is perfectly located and beautiful. And our first impressions from airport pick-up to hotel arrival were fantastic. But the minute you hit the front desk, that's where the charm ends and the frustrations begin. Upon check-in, our room did not match the category on our reservation and this took 15 minutes to rectify. Five minutes after we finally arrived in our room, as I was stretching out on the bed with my laptop, the door opened (!!) and in walked two people, just as a surprised as we were. They had just been checked in to the same room. The concierge staff is not much better. When we stopped by the desk to inquire about details for the hike we had booked, the response was "I'm sorry, we don't do that. Go check with the Outfitters shop." No offer to help, no directions, nothing. Granted, we were likely in the wrong place, but for something booked through the hotel, wouldn't a little assistance or nudge in the right direction be welcome? For us as visitors, the difference between the two wasn't transparent. Housekeeping was very slow. We'd be gone all morning, to find ourselves back in the late afternoon for a rest and find housekeeping just getting started in our room.

On the plus side, the valet and bell staff are outstanding. It's hard to imagine that St. Regis has two separate training tracks for front line employees, but in this property they clearly must. The valets and bellmen are pros, while the front desk, concierge and housekeeping staffs lack polish, professionalism and even the drive to solve problems.

Finally, make sure you experience Remede Spa. Far and away the highlight of our experience. Opt for a massage and relax in the oxygen lounge, skip the facial if you have limited time. The massage and water experiences are out of this world and not to be missed.

Overall, there are great things and lousy things at this hotel. It's an uneven experience at best.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view to avoid the noise of the street and car park area
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aty555
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments and observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you were able to enjoy the beauty of Aspen and our recent renovation, I would like to express regret for the shortcomings and difficulties you experienced with regards to the service you received from certain departments. I am sorry that you were not provided with exemplary service by our front desk, concierge and housekeeping teams. This certainly does not meet our service standards, nor your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.

We sincerely appreciate online reviews as they highlight areas in need of enhancement here at the Resort and your feedback allows us to make proper improvements for the future. Thank you for bringing to my attention the frustrations you encountered with service throughout your stay. We will address these issues with our staff, so we may continue to grow as a team and as a luxury Resort. I am pleased to hear that you received uncompromising service from our bell and valet team during your time at the Resort.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Kind Regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The location of the St. Regis Aspen Resort is perfect, and it's a beautiful hotel. This was my first time visiting Aspen in the summertime, and I will definitely be back during this time of year. The design in the rooms seems a bit cluttered, but still beautifully visioned. The whole time we were there, however, I couldn't help but feel that the service, while well-intended, was inexperienced. Our room was not serviced until 5pm at night when I had to call to request to have it cleaned. The request to add my husband's name to our hotel room was not followed through with, and he was given a hard time at the front desk when he asked for a key (which annoyed him, because he was the one paying for the room in the first place!). Someone else's luggage was loaded into our car when we departed. Things like these are honest mistakes, but for the caliber that is expected from St. Regis, there were quite a few noticeable missteps, which was quite surprising. The staff was very nice, but perhaps a little green and in need or more training to smooth out some of these edges. I did not visit the spa on this visit, but have visited in the past and can say that it is one of my favorites for a post-skiing massage and relaxation. The airport shuttle service is convenient from Aspen airport.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor or above.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tap1
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed Aspen in the summer and the resort style. Your feedback is valuable and are happy you shared your experience. We look forward to you returning in the future and allowing us the privlege of exceeding your service expectations next time.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Walk into the hotel, turn left and down the stairs. The SPA is the place to hit anytime during your stay in Aspen. The O2 lounge provides you a comfortable chaise to lie down on while you breathe in pure oxygen at Aspen's high elevation. Sip champagne, enjoy the warm fireplace even in July, and get ready for your massage. I highly recommend Mollie, whose hands, touch, and professionalism were outstanding. A 90-minute massage went quickly but not without reaching the sore spots and working them out. Afterwards, enjoy some snacks, tea, water, and time in the locker room. Not your average locker room, the sauna, showers, hot tub etc., are calling. Excellent service and high value make this spa one for everyone. Pricey but you're worth it. I know I am.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RAVLOTS
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Remede Spa! It is our ultimate goal that our guests have an extraordinary and flawless time in all the areas as you did. We are pleased to hear that you had an uncompromising experience again, and hope to welcome you back soon for another glass of champagne and an afternoon of bliss.

H.Steenge-Hart
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My experience at this hotel was terrible from start to finish. The service was SO AWFUL that on two occasions during my stay when I complained directly I was told new interns had just started and they weren't trained yet, which is why the service was so horrible. If low wage interns is the St. Regis's business model (at a 5 star $500+/night hotel) I would think they would try to keep this a secret. Not advertise it and certainly not use it as an excuse to explain the lack of attention to guests.
The low lights:
-the front desk. I made my reservations (2 rooms) in January, with multiple email confirmations. I confirmed my rooms the week before, the morning of arrival, and when I arrived there was still great confusion. Isn't this what a hotel does? Book rooms? I guess the interns hadn't made it to that step yet. Furthermore, when I checked out my folio was incorrect, another guest's charges were posted to my room.
-the onsite restaurant. Not 1 waiter, but 2 waiters over the course of 45 minutes came to take my elaborate lunch order (Caesar salad with grilled shrimp). After 45 minutes a 3rd waiter appeared to take my lunch order for the 3rd time. Needless to say I left. One of my colleagues told me the exact same thing happened to him the night before. He was dining with 5 people, and after 60 minutes he still had not received his meal (everyone else was finished before they finally brought him his order.
-service at the pool (see above) Identical experience.
-housekeeping. Shampoo and conditioner were never replaced (over a 3 night stay).
-the unkempt common areas. Early in the morning (7:30 -8:00 am) trash could be found under the chairs, behind the couches, etc. One leather chair (beige in color) was so FILTHY I took out a wet wipe from my purse and wiped it down. The dirt and debris on the wipe was so disgusting I had to change seats.
-the General Manager. Given how this hotel functions (or dis-functions), it's not surprising the GM also lacks attention to detail. After reviewing a mistake on my folio (a chit that was signed by another guest, with their name clearly printed on it was posted to my bill) the GM told me she had credited my account with 10,000 SPG points. After ten days, when the points still had not posted to my account I followed up with the hotel. They told me it was just another mistake. Those damn interns....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Ana M
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Ana M.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Our Area Managing Director will be contact with you to discuss your concerns.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Outstanding hotel. Outstanding location. The mountains are so stunning they don't look real. This hotel lives up to the location. Great service. Excellent rooms. You can't go wrong here. I would happily find an excuse to come back here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business