The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

As you would normally expect at a St. Regis, the service was excellent and the entire hotel was well appointed. Being in downtown Aspen, almost everything was within a 10 minute walk and it's only 2 blocks from the lift / gondolas. The pool was small but they had 3 jacuzzis. They do have a cool tradition of serving champagne at 5:15 PM everyday... And they open the bottle with a saber!

Helpful tip: they are quite dog friendly. Call and ask details but we saw quite a few dogs there and I was told they would provide a dog bed upon request.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A group of us - 4 couples stayed at the St Regis in August for my husbands 40th. What a perfect vacation. Everyone loved the St Regis - the hotel is beautiful and the location couldn't be better. The service was top notch especially the concierge who was able to get us out of a dinner reservation that was going to charge our credit card $100 pp for not showing up. We would 100% go back to stay at the St Regis!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony - it is just so beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis for 2 nights (not nearly long enough) at the end of July. We visit Aspen at least once a year but this was our first time staying at the St. Regis. The property is absolutely gorgeous and the staff attentive and professional. We were upgraded upon check in to a deluxe king room with a partial mountain view. Loved the furnishings and the decor of our room. Unfortunately, we did not partake in the spa offerings so I can't comment on Remede. We did lounge by the pool for a couple hours one afternoon and the service was great! We can't wait to return to the St. Regis in Aspen!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a better view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heatherlovesshoes30
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Heather,

Thank you for the outstanding review from your recent stay! I am happy to hear that you and your husband chose to stay with us, and gave us the opportunity to make your trip to Aspen more memorable. I appreciate your compliments of the staff and service you encountered during your visit. When you return to Aspen next year be sure to visit Remede Spa, voted #1 spa in the world by Travel + Leisure readers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The resort was beautiful in the staff was very helpful but we had to wait for service for housekeeping that took a while and in the bar that other than that was very positive stay. Recommend it to anyone. And I intend on returning.
Everything was gorgeous.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I am delighted to hear that our staff assisted with making your stay memorable, I am sorry that our housekeeping staff and bar did not meet your expectations. When you return for another extraordinary visit, I hope we can make all aspects of your trip noteworthy.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

All in all, my wife and I had a great time. Staff is extraordinary, rooms are tastefully done and food is fantastic.

There are a few drawbacks. Furniture in main bar area off lobby is badly worn and in need of a makeover. Fitness center is pretty dreary as its located in the basement with no windows.

Would recommend SR to everyone but it could stand some upgrades.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeffery,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuble feedback and compliments of our staff and food! I am thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. We strive to create a custom elegant environment throughout the hotel with unique style and decor. I am sorry to hear that our furniture does not live up to our esteemed expectations.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort for a more refined stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Sigh. We should've paid closer attention to earlier reviews. You can't deny that this hotel is perfectly located and beautiful. And our first impressions from airport pick-up to hotel arrival were fantastic. But the minute you hit the front desk, that's where the charm ends and the frustrations begin. Upon check-in, our room did not match the category on our reservation and this took 15 minutes to rectify. Five minutes after we finally arrived in our room, as I was stretching out on the bed with my laptop, the door opened (!!) and in walked two people, just as a surprised as we were. They had just been checked in to the same room. The concierge staff is not much better. When we stopped by the desk to inquire about details for the hike we had booked, the response was "I'm sorry, we don't do that. Go check with the Outfitters shop." No offer to help, no directions, nothing. Granted, we were likely in the wrong place, but for something booked through the hotel, wouldn't a little assistance or nudge in the right direction be welcome? For us as visitors, the difference between the two wasn't transparent. Housekeeping was very slow. We'd be gone all morning, to find ourselves back in the late afternoon for a rest and find housekeeping just getting started in our room.

On the plus side, the valet and bell staff are outstanding. It's hard to imagine that St. Regis has two separate training tracks for front line employees, but in this property they clearly must. The valets and bellmen are pros, while the front desk, concierge and housekeeping staffs lack polish, professionalism and even the drive to solve problems.

Finally, make sure you experience Remede Spa. Far and away the highlight of our experience. Opt for a massage and relax in the oxygen lounge, skip the facial if you have limited time. The massage and water experiences are out of this world and not to be missed.

Overall, there are great things and lousy things at this hotel. It's an uneven experience at best.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view to avoid the noise of the street and car park area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aty555
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments and observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you were able to enjoy the beauty of Aspen and our recent renovation, I would like to express regret for the shortcomings and difficulties you experienced with regards to the service you received from certain departments. I am sorry that you were not provided with exemplary service by our front desk, concierge and housekeeping teams. This certainly does not meet our service standards, nor your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.

We sincerely appreciate online reviews as they highlight areas in need of enhancement here at the Resort and your feedback allows us to make proper improvements for the future. Thank you for bringing to my attention the frustrations you encountered with service throughout your stay. We will address these issues with our staff, so we may continue to grow as a team and as a luxury Resort. I am pleased to hear that you received uncompromising service from our bell and valet team during your time at the Resort.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Kind Regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The location of the St. Regis Aspen Resort is perfect, and it's a beautiful hotel. This was my first time visiting Aspen in the summertime, and I will definitely be back during this time of year. The design in the rooms seems a bit cluttered, but still beautifully visioned. The whole time we were there, however, I couldn't help but feel that the service, while well-intended, was inexperienced. Our room was not serviced until 5pm at night when I had to call to request to have it cleaned. The request to add my husband's name to our hotel room was not followed through with, and he was given a hard time at the front desk when he asked for a key (which annoyed him, because he was the one paying for the room in the first place!). Someone else's luggage was loaded into our car when we departed. Things like these are honest mistakes, but for the caliber that is expected from St. Regis, there were quite a few noticeable missteps, which was quite surprising. The staff was very nice, but perhaps a little green and in need or more training to smooth out some of these edges. I did not visit the spa on this visit, but have visited in the past and can say that it is one of my favorites for a post-skiing massage and relaxation. The airport shuttle service is convenient from Aspen airport.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor or above.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tap1
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed Aspen in the summer and the resort style. Your feedback is valuable and are happy you shared your experience. We look forward to you returning in the future and allowing us the privlege of exceeding your service expectations next time.