“Absolutely Terrible Service!”

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Washington DC
“Absolutely Terrible Service!”
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I recently traveled to Aspen for a conference and was incredibly disappointed with the St. Regis. I have stayed in Starwood resorts all over the world and have come to expect a certain level of service which I certainly did not find here. Several other hotel guests commented that this was by far the worst St. Regis they had ever been to. Doors were not opened, the staff was rude and general unhelpful. The answer to any request was No. Not, let me see what I can do for you, just No! I would highly recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank braindoc78
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2009
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments. Please know that we take all comments posted very seriously and appreciate the feedback as it is of utmost importance to us in order to help us maintain and improve our service standards. It was a little disconcerting to read your comments about our associates being rude and unhelpful as that is one of the areas where we at the St. Regis Aspen consistently receive very high marks from our guests. If you happened to encounter the exception rather than the rule during your stay, please accept our sincerest apologies as that type of behavior neither meets St. Regis standards nor certainly your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience and to discuss it with you if you would care to. If so, you may e-mail me at info@stregisaspen.com and it would be my pleasure to contact you directly. Sincerely, S. Geray, General Manager, St. Regis Aspen Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
vancouver, canada
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Over the top service. Free pickup and drop off at the airport.

Decent rooms, but not my style. I was expecting a bit more for nearly $1000 per night.

Ridiculously overpriced breakfast buffet - paid $40 for some toast and eggs.

Great concierge was very helpful. The entire staff went out of their way to be polite, helpful, and gracious. We had no issues throwing a large party until 4AM at night in one of the suites... Great location - Aspen is awesome!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank CanadaMatt
SoccerDad&Son
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The creme de la creme! The absolute best hotel experience I have had in 10+ years in the travel industry! I would put full faith in the management of this hotel to execute the highest level of customer needs. Our conference included guests used to skiing the Alps and they were simply blown away. Although I expected a high level of service from the St. Regis flag, the staff totally blew me away and has won me over for our January board meeting. Please note that I am rating this hotel in comparison with other hotels in its class, not of all properties in general...this is a 5 out of 5 for a 5 Star property! Our group had some very unique requests and everything went without perfectly as planned. I would rate this as a top 5 desination in the Americas and top 25 in the wolrd that I have stayed at. I have no affiliation with hotel other than my customer loyalty. I can't wait to be back in 2010!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Soccer_Dad_and_Son
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Hotel is in a great location... Very close to all the shopping and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and the rooms were great. This is a great place to stay if you visit Aspen.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Every single aspect of our trip to the St. Regis Aspen was absolutely sublime. It was my first trip to the hotel and to Aspen: I can't wait to return to this fabulous city but most of all to the St. Regis. The staff went on beyond. The hotel facilities are gorgeous, from the cozy lobby bar, to the fantastic rooms and the outdoor jacuzzis. We paid for the stay with Starwood points - I can't imagine paying $1000+ to stay at any American hotel, but I can see how the St. Regis Aspen gets away with it. It is 5-star perfection. Definitely not the "scene" you might get at the Little Nell if that's what you're looking for, but the location was amazing and so was everything else. It was a dream of a trip. I can't understand any negative reviews St. Regis has gotten on TripAdvisor - I thought it was totally fantastic.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RLB_NYC
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Stayed here in the summer when our drive to Aspen from Denver turned into an all-nighter. Hotel was very accommodating. Room was exceptionally nice with plasma televisions and Bose stereo and a decent value given that they were the only high-end hotel in town and had us hostage. Staff was very nice. We had a good time. 4 stars, only because the hotel itself did not have that many amenities.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Rooms/restaurant buffet are nice but very overpriced in my opinion, especially the breakfast buffet. There's a McDonalds closeby so I suggest if you have taken kids with you to go there for breakfast because the buffet will cost you a fortune. I have stayed at several luxury resorts/hotels that were far less pricey, .i.e. Hawaii, Vancouver, Costa Rica, etc.

Location is perfect as it is within walking distance to most anywhere we wanted to go. I found the service to be excellent and the staff very, very friendly. Most went out of their way to offer me bottled water, asking if I needed anything, etc.

The spa was wonderful, a little overpriced but same as with most luxury resorts. My technician's name was Laura and she was fabulous, the best massage I ever had, I highly recommend you ask for her when scheduling a massage. I heard several others from my group say they did not get the same service from their technician as I did from Laura. Besides giving me a great massage, she offered me several oils to choose from for her to use and a special one for my scalp. She offered me water and/or tea afterwards and showed me around the shower area and all the amenities it afforded. Nobody else that I talked with got this same treatment. After your massage check out the huge round shower with the 12 jet sprays aimed at evey part of your body. The hot water beating all over me after my massage felt heavenly.

I also used the oxygen lounge which was a godsend when I started to have a problem with a little altitude sickness. I don't drink so I know that's what it was. A couple of trips to the lounge made all the difference in how I felt.

One of the nice things is that once you've had a spa treatment everything else in the spa area is available to you for free use all that day, i.e. the oxygen lounge, hot tub, steam room, etc.

All in all a very pleasant stay and I enjoyed myself tremendously.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business