“Fabulous St. Regis, Aspen”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 14 September 2009

The St. Regis Hotel in Aspen was such a great experience from beginning to end! We arrived by car, and smiling gentlement quickly and efficiently retrieved our luggage, brought it inside and waited while we checked in. When we asked about places for dinner and dancing, we had a wonderful list from our bellman. The front desk offered two very parched people bottled water, and fruit. So nice to be pampered.
The furniture in the room was beautiful and the view was Gorgeous! The bed was deliciously comfortable, everything worked. The maids came and went without notice. The bar service, the bartenders, wait staff, soooo lovely and helpful. Not to mention they have a killer Happy Hour!! Food in the restaurant was delicious. How I love Aspen and now how I love the St. Regis Hotel. They are both meant for each other because they are both perfect, beautiful and make you want to come back for more.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 September 2009

This hotel is now my favorite of all time, replacing the Broadmoor and the W Seattle. We came up for the weekend as a 6th anniversary getaway. Everything about this place is first class, and the service is about as professional and genuine as you can get. Entire common area is charming, being laid back but still totally luxurious. Room was nice sized, we had a view overlooking the courtyard. We loved the pool and the fire pit outside a lot. Honestly, I can say without a doubt this is probably the nicest hotel I've stayed in. Of course, this luxury comes at a price- $500/night. But it's worth the splurge.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My stay at the St. Regis was a real vacation. The ambiance, service, ammenities was total relaxation and luxury. Ben Mollere, Director of sales and Marketing, greeted us when we arrived like we were honored guests and spent time with us each day introducing us to the best Aspen network.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kathrynoutskiing
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We recently returned from a four night stay at the St. Regis, and from beginning to end it was flawless perfection by the St. Regis staff! We arrived at the airport to be met promptly by valet, and enjoyed a stress-free experience relating to hotel-provided transportation. We had an early flight and, although we were anticipating the need to store luggage and check-in at a later point in time, the desk staff member went out of his way to accomodate our early arrival and after a brief time, had us checked-in and placed in a wonderful balcony room as we had reserved, with a great view. As we had such an early start to our travel day due to flight schedules, it was such a relief to be able to check in, unpack and relax a bit prior to starting our Aspen adventures. The concierge was very friendly and helpful, the housekeeping was timely and excellent, the turn-down service was also prompt and well done, and the bell service was efficient and friendly -- the entire staff was very professional, very cordial and seemed eager to please; overall, it was truly a perfect and relaxing stay! All of this and a great restaurant with fine service as well!!
Thank you St. Regis for providing us a stress-free escape!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dffcpa
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful place to stay than the St. Regis Aspen. Everyone we encountered was friendly and attentive to every detail. The hotel was beautiful and comfortable and a short walk from anywhere that you'd want to visit in Aspen.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed at the St. Regis for a three day weekend. While this was a nice hotel, I expected top notch service given how expensive this hotel is. Normally, I wouldn’t complain about some of these things, but I was irritated that we paid about $500 a night and still received mediocre customer service. It took about 15-20 minutes to check-in even though there was only one person ahead of us. There was only one employee behind the check-in desk and she was dealing with a difficult guest. We were left standing there for almost 20 minutes before the manager came out to help her and we could check-in. While we were waiting, I asked the concierge some questions and she was stand-offish. She would answer me with a curt “yes” or “no” without elaborating, forcing me to ask follow up questions to get a full answer. I thought the concierge should have been more friendly and forthcoming. We were not in our room most of the day and despite this, our room was never cleaned before we returned. We always had to leave again so it could be cleaned. The housekeeper didn’t speak or understand English very well, but fortunately, I spoke her language and could communicate with her. The comforter on both beds had brown and yellow stains on them. The worst service I encountered was at the valet. Most of the employees there were young kids (teenagers or twenty-something) and probably don’t have much experience or understanding of customer service. My friend and I walked up to the stand to ask the valet for walking directions to a restaurant, the young valet saw us and still, without a word to us, walked away to talk a delivery man. We idled by the valet stand while the young valet made small talk with the delivery man. He finally acknowledged our existence and helped us after about 10 minutes. When we checked out, the bellman said our bags were packed in our car trunk. My husband checked the trunk and found no luggage inside. After a little searching, they found our bags in a corner somewhere. I can't believe how close we came to driving away without our bags. When the hotel is charging such high rates, they should do better than stained bedding, housekeepers who can't communicate in English and slacker dudes for valet and bell service. I admit that I didn't complain to the manager because I didn't want to waste what little time I had in Aspen tattling on the employees. Also, a hotel of this caliber shouldn't have to be told to step up their service.

The restaraunt was the best part of the hotel. It had some of the best food we encountered in Aspen and the service was excellent. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The location is excellent- dozens of shops and restaraunts within a 15 minute walking distance. Other than the subpar service I mentioned before, we enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank krmik
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I must first say that this hotel is amazing! Many reviews say that this hotel is messy or has bad service etc... Do not listen to them. This hotel is perfect for almost anyone. The rooms are spacious and have great views. If you're traveling with young children, the cleaning service will often leave complimentary teddy bears. The staff is always happy to help and can give great ideas for how to spend a day. The location of the hotel is charming. Tucked away from all the bustle, it's only takes a couple minutes to walk downtown. Here you will find Aspen's best restaurants, clothing shops, and other places unique to aspen. One of the most exciting things I did here was dog sledding. You cannot compare anything to the thrill of being pulled down a hill by enthusiastic dogs. Transportation to and from the hotel and mountains is good. You have to walk a block to get to the bus stop, but once you're there it can only be a five minute wait, tops. Because the St. Regis is not on a mountain it takes the busses a few minutes to get to them. Buttermilk, the nearest mountain, does not take long at all. I have traveled here many times and have always found it remarkable. Don't let the other reviews scare you away, this hotel is a work of art.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family