“Great Time”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis from 09/25/09-10/02/09 for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We were picked up at the Airport in a Mercedes Benz SUV and had access to a convertible and sedan Benz for the duration of our trip for FREE. Jose picked us up at the airport and he was funny and had a great personality. The wife and I took the convertible to Independence Pass and had the top down. It was beautiful. The front desk was awesome and we were upgraded to a room with a fire place and had a bottle of bubbly delivered to our room the first night as a gift from the hotel, All the workers went above and beyond their duties. The hotel restaurant had some great food. I had the lamb chops and potatoes and the wife had the chicken and rice. Both were very tasteful. One of the waiter's was not all that friendly but everyone else was friendly. During turndown at night the maid folded our dirty clothes and place them in neat piles. The also turned on the humidifior and romantic music.

Aspen Food:
Social Restaurant: This is a tapas restaurant and the most of the food was great. The service was good. We had the skirt steak, mac and cheese, raw tuna and dolce Deleche Bannanas. The tuna was ok but it was too much raw tuna for us. Everything else was really good.

Big Wrap: Local sandwhich shop. We had the Swift kick and Bab B Que wraps. There were ok.

Boogies Diner: The food is not worth the price you have to pay. The gigantic burger was ok. Milk Shakes cost $6.50 each and were no bigger then a small Mcdonalds milk shake,

Hickory House: Their claim to fame is the best ribs in Colorado. I got the beast combo. The beef and pork were dry. The wife got the fried catfish and that was really good. The mashed potatoes were good. The coleslaw was good. The potatoe salad was nasty. If this is the best rib place in Coloroado I feel sorry for people in Colorado.

N9NE Steakhouse: This was the best and most expensive meal we had in Aspen. Evan our waiter was great. The wife had the Kobe Steak and it was great. I had the Kobe burger and it was no better then any other hamburger I have had, Mac and cheese and Gina's potatoes were really good.

NY Pizza: We had this the last night we were there and the pizza was big like in NYC and it was tasty. Each slice cost $4 for one topping.

Entertainment:

Independence Pass: This is a must see. Take the convertible and let the top down. The ride up to the pass and back down is beautiful. You will pas on several narrow roads and people ridig bikes up and down the pass. The ride is about 45-60 min from the hotel but it well worth it. Take a few minutes to look around at the pass and take pictures.

Silver queen Gondola: It was fun riding up to the top of Aspen Mountian and taking pictures.

Shopping: There is plenty of HIGH END shooping in the 4 square miles of the city of Aspen. Everything is within walking distance of the St Regis.

Ironbridge Golf Course: The couse to play. It is about 45 min for the hotel but again you can take a Benz to play. Pictures or descriptions don't do this course justice especially the back 9. The prettiest hole in Number 12.

I am from the south and am used to southern hospitality. Most of the people in the stores were polite and greeted you when you came in and left. Their was one art store where they did not speak at all so I let myself be known. The people do not speak to you on the street. That took some getting used to.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2009

The St. Regis Hotel in Aspen was such a great experience from beginning to end! We arrived by car, and smiling gentlement quickly and efficiently retrieved our luggage, brought it inside and waited while we checked in. When we asked about places for dinner and dancing, we had a wonderful list from our bellman. The front desk offered two very parched people bottled water, and fruit. So nice to be pampered.
The furniture in the room was beautiful and the view was Gorgeous! The bed was deliciously comfortable, everything worked. The maids came and went without notice. The bar service, the bartenders, wait staff, soooo lovely and helpful. Not to mention they have a killer Happy Hour!! Food in the restaurant was delicious. How I love Aspen and now how I love the St. Regis Hotel. They are both meant for each other because they are both perfect, beautiful and make you want to come back for more.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2009

This hotel is now my favorite of all time, replacing the Broadmoor and the W Seattle. We came up for the weekend as a 6th anniversary getaway. Everything about this place is first class, and the service is about as professional and genuine as you can get. Entire common area is charming, being laid back but still totally luxurious. Room was nice sized, we had a view overlooking the courtyard. We loved the pool and the fire pit outside a lot. Honestly, I can say without a doubt this is probably the nicest hotel I've stayed in. Of course, this luxury comes at a price- $500/night. But it's worth the splurge.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My stay at the St. Regis was a real vacation. The ambiance, service, ammenities was total relaxation and luxury. Ben Mollere, Director of sales and Marketing, greeted us when we arrived like we were honored guests and spent time with us each day introducing us to the best Aspen network.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kathrynoutskiing
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We recently returned from a four night stay at the St. Regis, and from beginning to end it was flawless perfection by the St. Regis staff! We arrived at the airport to be met promptly by valet, and enjoyed a stress-free experience relating to hotel-provided transportation. We had an early flight and, although we were anticipating the need to store luggage and check-in at a later point in time, the desk staff member went out of his way to accomodate our early arrival and after a brief time, had us checked-in and placed in a wonderful balcony room as we had reserved, with a great view. As we had such an early start to our travel day due to flight schedules, it was such a relief to be able to check in, unpack and relax a bit prior to starting our Aspen adventures. The concierge was very friendly and helpful, the housekeeping was timely and excellent, the turn-down service was also prompt and well done, and the bell service was efficient and friendly -- the entire staff was very professional, very cordial and seemed eager to please; overall, it was truly a perfect and relaxing stay! All of this and a great restaurant with fine service as well!!
Thank you St. Regis for providing us a stress-free escape!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dffcpa
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful place to stay than the St. Regis Aspen. Everyone we encountered was friendly and attentive to every detail. The hotel was beautiful and comfortable and a short walk from anywhere that you'd want to visit in Aspen.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed at the St. Regis for a three day weekend. While this was a nice hotel, I expected top notch service given how expensive this hotel is. Normally, I wouldn’t complain about some of these things, but I was irritated that we paid about $500 a night and still received mediocre customer service. It took about 15-20 minutes to check-in even though there was only one person ahead of us. There was only one employee behind the check-in desk and she was dealing with a difficult guest. We were left standing there for almost 20 minutes before the manager came out to help her and we could check-in. While we were waiting, I asked the concierge some questions and she was stand-offish. She would answer me with a curt “yes” or “no” without elaborating, forcing me to ask follow up questions to get a full answer. I thought the concierge should have been more friendly and forthcoming. We were not in our room most of the day and despite this, our room was never cleaned before we returned. We always had to leave again so it could be cleaned. The housekeeper didn’t speak or understand English very well, but fortunately, I spoke her language and could communicate with her. The comforter on both beds had brown and yellow stains on them. The worst service I encountered was at the valet. Most of the employees there were young kids (teenagers or twenty-something) and probably don’t have much experience or understanding of customer service. My friend and I walked up to the stand to ask the valet for walking directions to a restaurant, the young valet saw us and still, without a word to us, walked away to talk a delivery man. We idled by the valet stand while the young valet made small talk with the delivery man. He finally acknowledged our existence and helped us after about 10 minutes. When we checked out, the bellman said our bags were packed in our car trunk. My husband checked the trunk and found no luggage inside. After a little searching, they found our bags in a corner somewhere. I can't believe how close we came to driving away without our bags. When the hotel is charging such high rates, they should do better than stained bedding, housekeepers who can't communicate in English and slacker dudes for valet and bell service. I admit that I didn't complain to the manager because I didn't want to waste what little time I had in Aspen tattling on the employees. Also, a hotel of this caliber shouldn't have to be told to step up their service.

The restaraunt was the best part of the hotel. It had some of the best food we encountered in Aspen and the service was excellent. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The location is excellent- dozens of shops and restaraunts within a 15 minute walking distance. Other than the subpar service I mentioned before, we enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business