“Had a great weekend stay”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Had a great weekend stay July 16-19th.

We were "upgraded" from a Deluxe 2 double bed room to a Grand Deluxe, which is just an upgrade to a mountain view.

The staff was very friendly and the service was excellent. The trail mix must not be an SPG Plat welcome gift, but a general welcome gift for the room. There was a ton of stuff going on in Aspen during our stay: Free music on top of the mountain, art festival, farmer's market, and the Aspen music festival.

The free car service was a great way to get around town. Some of the music festival's concerts were about a mile away and the car service was a very convienit way to get around. The driver was very friendly and picked us up within 5 minutes of placing a call. I might even take the time out to call the hotel and thank them for the great service provided by the young driver.

For turndown service they take the time to actually pull out, fill up, and turn on the humidifier to make the room more comfortable. They even brought up a spare toothbrush. The gym is huge! They offer classes and personal training for an extra charge. An interesting item in the cabinet are oxygen shots ($18) to help with altitude sickness. The window had a great view, but there were a few people at the pool late at night that were pretty loud. The noise was not loud enough to be an issue in our room after closing the window. I can only imagine how great the view looks during the winter!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Astroph

Reviewed 22 July 2010

This was our 3rd time at this property and was our best stay ever. I found the maid service to be particulary prompt and attentive, they would swoop in after we left the room in late morning and would have things done before we could return to the room. They also found a way to get the turn-down service squeezed in each night and re-stock the room w towels, toiletries, chocolates, etc. It seemed to me the soft goods were all brand new, including bath sheets instead of bath towels for after showering, everything was in top condition from the shower curtains to the linens.

Staff is always very friendly and with all the kids and dogs around it has a nice laid-back vibe, nothing stuffy or snobby. Concierge staff is very motivated and helpful.

The pool is great, the chaise lounges all have terry covers and each has a unique throw pillow which I found very comfortable, plus a large antique wardrobe full of fresh towels right at poolside to make it easy to grab as many as you need. It was hot when we stayed and at times it was hard to get a chaise, but there are tables/chairs as well. Service pool side is attentive.

The front drive staff is great, they have a number of Mercedes SUVs to ferry you around town free. One nite I had to run out and get a cream from the supermarket, the valet drove me there and waited for me to come out and bring me back. They also picked me up at a trail-head on Red Mountain after I was done hiking.

Aspen itself is such a pleasure. We took advantage of both the music festival and the Art festival, the hotel took care of shipping the paintings back to home for me, very nice. We rented bikes for the week and the valet staff would put them away each nite, otherwise they left them in bike racks by the drive so you could just hop on and go whenever you wanted.

My one complaint was my Wife needed a ride to a local stable to ride horses. The hotel arranged a private transfer which wasfine. But I later read in the St. Regis magazine that they had Mercedes cars available to guests for free as a sort of test-drive program. On the weekend they were booked but during the week this would have been a great alternative the the private limo transfer, but no one brought it to our attention.

This is a lovely property w a great in-town location, had a view of Aspen Mtn, had to ask for more!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

everything was fabulous. your concierges great unless I am a problem customer and thats why they dont forget me. made the stay hea venly

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Great location with walking to town and restaurants. This is where the great stops. Unhappy employees are always a flag of underlying issues. No hot water in my room was accepted as my problem but we soon found out more generalized issues. Paid for upgraded fireplace room and was offered a great room with a view of the loading dock and trash dumpster. C-153, not what you expect in Aspen at the hotel prices. $30 breakfast buffet per person was absurd for nothing more than I would get at a Hyatt Place for a third of the cost. Still have not figured out how my rental car drove 279 miles while we can account for about 120. We saw a car like ours with the new paper license plate in the window driving around Aspen, could not fully accept that it may have been ours to explain the extra milage? Would definitely not return to this hotel but would to Aspen. Be sure to hike at Maroon Bells, Rockies at their best.

2  Thank jerryfmd
STRASPEN, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for your posting regarding your recent stay at the St. Regis Aspen. I would really appreciate it, if you are willing, to contact my office at 970-920-7312 or e-mail my assistant at stephanie.swan@stregis.com so that we may get some further information from you, i.e. your rental car information, name, and dates you were here, so we may review our security cameras in the garage in order for us to get to the bottom of your concern about your car being driven by others, and also give me a chance to speak with you. Thank you very much. S. Geray, General Manager.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

All of us want to make a great 1st impression. Our 1st impression of St. Regis was when we drove up, with 2 small kids in car, to find 2 people smoking by the valet parking area. It was a major turn-off to think of unloading our car and our children into toxic cigarette smoke.

The rest of our stay was great, and we would consider returning, but would also explore other Aspen resorts with a strict non-smoking policy.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Lincoln888
Reviewed 16 June 2010

The hotel is nice, but would not be worth the full price. I needed to check out one day early for a 5 night stay and they would not refund the last night's stay, during off-season. It took arguing to allow me to use the last night's stay towards incidentals.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank bigblue6276
Reviewed 10 June 2010

The Hotel was great and the staff was amazing. We also brought along our dog and they were great to her as well. They only thing I would say is that people who arent staying at the hotel frequent the pool and take the best spots. I hope they get a handle on this quickly as we are thinking about making another trip up this summer, but this would make us choose another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple