“Lots of fun” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aspen Whitewater Rafting

Aspen Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Nobody does whitewater river rafting in Aspen and Snowmass better than Aspen Whitewater Rafting. Owned and operated by a professional staff that has been guiding our local rivers for more than 20 years. We offer a range of personalized, fun and safe whitewater adventures. We provide exemplary customer service to all our clients, something larger companies would be hard pressed to match. Our priorities are safety and fun, and we do our best to cater to each individual’s needs in order to create the perfect Roaring fork rafting experience. We have some of the best guides in the valley (over half are class IV/V guides), new equipment, outstanding lunches, and small group sizes, yet we offer our trips at an affordable price. Compare our Aspen rafting prices!
Austin, Texas, United States
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

First off, we went kayaking not rafting, as the water levels were too low for very exciting rafting. We were picked up right on time from our hotel with another couple and taken a few minutes away to pick up our kayaks and a few other people. I felt our instruction was good; we had been kayaking before but only in a two man and I didn't realize how much of the real skill my husband provided! We had beautiful sunny weather for which I was very grateful quite soon. I did feel that they should have warned us to stay a little distance from the other kayakers, as right off the bat we went over a relatively difficult drop, and the boat behind me ran into me, knocked me into a large rock, and i was STUCK. By the time we got me unstuck I had definitely turned over and cooled off for the morning! It was fine, just embarrassing. I later turned over again, due to poor technique on my part. Just saying, it was really fun, and even if you're not very good, as I evidently am not, and you fall in, you will be fine and have a great time.

Visited September 2013

Sheridan, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what was promised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Signed up for an intermediate 1/2 trip. We were on the water for an hour, and there were only two spots with anything that could be called a rapid. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, though.

Visited July 2013
James I, Owner at Aspen Whitewater Rafting, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We are sorry to hear that your trip was not what you expected. For those looking for great whitewater trips in the area please give us a call and we would be happy to give you details on which trip would be best suitable to you.
michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great guides and wonderful trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went on the Intermediate level whitewater trip, and it was terrific. Enough rapids to be challenging and exciting. The guides were all incredibly knowledgable and got us out of a couple jams expertly, as the river's water level was quite low the day we went. Our guide, Shane, was just wonderful and clearly knew the river incredibly well. The bus ride over Independence Pass is spectacular, and they maneuvered the hairpin turns as efficiently as they did the rafts. I would highly recommend this company if you are in the Aspen or Snowmass area....it was a highlight of our trip.

Visited July 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Browns Canyon Full day trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Frasier, our guide, is awesome, and made the trip fun, informative, and enjoyable. You meet your guide in Aspen and they drive you in a very comfortable van over Independence Pass to the Arkansas River Buena Vista put in for Browns Canyon. Just being driven through this gorgeous pass was a treat, and Frasier stopped there on the way back so we could walk around and take in the beauty of it all. This is a smaller company than some of the others with only one raft on this trip and four customers, which created a very nice relaxed more personal experience. My boyfriend Tom who had never been whitewater rafting was all smiles throughout the day and so was I. Fun rapids, incredible scenery, personable guide, made for an excellent day!!!

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“nice rafting trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I recently went on a trip down the raging forks. It was very scenic and fun at the same time. The outfit was very friendly and professional. A recommend this trip for anyone looking for a little adventure in aspen.

Visited June 2013

Been to Aspen Whitewater Rafting? Share your experiences!