“Good food, service lacking”

Annette's Mountain Bake Shop
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I had some wonderful hummus and flatbread at Annette's, and a HUGE chocolate chip cookie. But the owner of the shop is not particularly interested in helping out customers. It took me about 20 minutes just to get a small container of hummus. Crazy.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank sbsmithfl

Waterford, Connecticut
“The Best Cookies and Sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Annette's is a small place and very busy when we were there and with good reason. The food is outstanding. I was able to get a fresh cookie that was amazing. I used to go to Paradise Bakery, not any more

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Bad attitude from woman who runs it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I got five minute tirade of bad attitude for daring to be first customer of the day and asking to buy 6 muffins and 6 scones!!!!!
Produce was tasty if overpriced but the bad attitude isn't worth the hassle!

1 Thank jamesa0330NewYork
Colorado
“Best Bakery in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My wife and I happened onto Annette's about mid morning while window shopping in Aspen. She had the cranberry banana muffin and I had a cheese croissant. Absolutely delicious!! While we were there, we also saw them making sandwiches for lunch. Our mid morning snack was so good that we went back to sample their sandwiches for lunch. Again absolutely delicious!! Everything homemade and baked fresh including the bread. I wish we had purchased some of the fresh baked bread.

Annette's is a very small shop along Hyman and if you're not looking for it, it would be very easy to just walk right by. They have not been open very long and as such, have not arranged to accept credit cards so bring cash, although prices are very reasonable so you won't need a lot.

• Visited April 2012

Been to Annette's Mountain Bake Shop? Share your experiences!